Rebuilding year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Rebuilding year

By the sound of things you have been a Pats fan for zero years. I love this season. Nowhere to go but up. Its called faith, its called football.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Rebuilding year

The problem with Garcia or Culpepper is money and learning the offense. It's a short term fix that may or may not work. Every year, because we have a great team and there is a salary cap, is a rebuilding year. We lost Milloy and got Harrison, we lost Gay, Asante, and Stallworth and got 2 DBs in the draft and moved Gaffney up on the depth chart. We have some free agents to deal with in 09. I've said things like "I'm surprised BB didn't take a O Lineman or Tight End in the 08 draft", but I usually put the "BB knows more about football than me" caveat with that statement. I agree that Faulk is great as our 3rd down back and I still see Maroney is being that back in the future, although he has had some great games. Jordan can be used to pound the ball and kill the clock (when the Pats have a lead), and Morris has had some quality touches in the past. I have no trouble with our RB situation. People simply have to understand that without Brady at QB the Pats are going to have some very tough games. Pretty much everyone has felt for a long time that the Pats needed a vet back-up QB for Brady. The whole Cassel thing is experimental and it would be the same if O Connell was the starter. You just don't replace a player as good as Brady by sheer luck. We still have a good team and that team has to rally around eachother to win some games this year. We have (potentially with comp. picks) 11 draft spots next year, but we have to focus on winning the next game, not worry about restocking the team. BTW I can't be the only one that thinks Seau could've helped a run D last Sunday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

Rebuilding year

I've been a fan since 1960 That doean't matter The season seams lost only because as Pat's fans season is a failure if the Super Bowl is not reachable. thats not a bad thing were spoiled!!! I dont think Cassell can take us to playoff's,Moss is not happy(cant blame him) why not trade Moss to a contender for a #1 pick.Let the kids play,get expierience draft day we would have 2# 1's and 2 #2's that should get us top ranked reciever a couple O-linemen and a corner(if we can afford all that) Brady's back next year and we give it hell does it make any sence????????????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bonkerbear. Show bonkerbear's posts

Rebuilding year

I agree with most of what you write since i've been saying similar things since Brady went down. Lets play the rookie LBs, DB and KO to find out who will be a player. Write this year off and build for next season. Lose most of the games to get an earlier draft position and for God's sake draft or trade for quality OL
    people. Brady, once in a lifetime QB, needs to be protected. He's probably only got 3-4 more great years. I've been a Pat's fan since the beginning - went to games at BU field, formerly home of the Boston Braves.
    I would put Welker on IR or bench him to protect his body - he's to good to be getting smashed around in every game because MC can't throw deep.
    We also need to find a real OC - McDaniels is a fraud. I believe that Wheatly will be a very good cover CB if we let him, instead of playing that damn soft zone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Rebuilding year

shane-your opinion is valid as anyones here.to some of what your saying i agree with others its a wait,and see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Rebuilding year

I have to say I agree wth most of this stuff myself. Rodney is close to if not leading in tackles though. Not something a vet safety should have. Seymour and AD are a big price to pay for the return they provide. As for Vrable I hate seeing him make that big looping 5 yard behind the QB pass rush. Ditto on Tedy shane. I agree with bonkerbear about Welker. On Sanders play where the H-LL is he when Hobbs looks like he's been beat deep. It's hard to get beat deep playing 10 yards off. Have to say I would keep Moss. He'll be back to Randy again when Tom comes back. Play the rookies all they can handle. If their not going to trash the season get Garcia. They could try pounding Joradn first like with Dillon then bring in Maroney then Morris to finish.(just a thought) Lastely as long as the RATs team does'nt make the playoffs it will take the sting off YOU READ MY MIND
    Do you guys see anyone to watch in collage this year?
    The gamecocks have a big TE with good hands.
    Georgia has a fast LB #35. We all know Malaluga @USC.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Rebuilding year

I agree with some of the thing you stated; Bruschi is way past his prime, Harrison has played great as he always does but he doesn't have too many years left, AD was overpriced but he is still excellent.
    However, message to everyone, they are not spending money on a free agent QB! Belichick would rather forfeit the season then spend money on a multi year deal for these other guys who think they're starters - they're not and it will create a problem for next season.
    Belichick has always maintained good relationships with vets. He likes to pick them up when others think they're done; they're less expensive and know how to play the game. The Pats D will always be "old" as long as Belichick is the coach. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are two guys who I think could eventually see red, white and blue in their future.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Rebuilding year

Um um um ... I would ... I would ...

You're not the coach. Shut the f*ck up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fdhjr. Show fdhjr's posts

Rebuilding year

I completely agree with "bonkerbear" and his assessment that we need to begin adding some quality talent on the OL in next year's draft. I also see this more as a rebuilding year. We have some rookies and new people on defense who need time to get comfortable with their positions and the system.

When Brady comes back next year he is going to need a better O Line in front of him. Right now this line is having trouble run blocking and pass protecting and I don't see it getting much better this season. Dante Scarnecchia is a great coach, but when you have less to work with it shows.

I've been a Pats fan since the days of Jim Nance (Why the hell isn't he in the Patriots' Hall of Fame?) in 1967. I've seen Pats quarterbacks Taliaferro and Plunkett get killed by terrible offensive lines. I never want to see that ever again. I'm sure Gino Cappiletti would agree with me.

San Francisco is a steadily improving team and I think they are better than Miami. Pats will have to really put out if they don't want to get blown out out there. Forget about San Diego. Did you see what the Chargers did to the Jets? I can't see the Patriots offense putting up a lot of points this year.

Just being realistic. Let's be patient and allow Pioli and Belichick to put the pieces back together over time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Rebuilding year

[Quote]Um um um ... I would ... I would ...

You're not the coach. Shut the f*ck up.[/Quote]practice what you preach.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fdhjr. Show fdhjr's posts

Rebuilding year

"By the sound of things you have been a Pats fan for zero years. I love this season. Nowhere to go but up. Its called faith, its called football."

What an incredibly arrogant and stupid statement. How old are you? I've been a Pats fan since I was 12 years old in 1967. You do the math, if your worthless education prepared you to do math calculations. Being a patient fan and an analytical one is being a true fan. I have realistic expectations of the team. And I am a patient fan, because I've stayed with the Bruins since Orr's rookie season in 1966-67. When everyone else has jumped ship, I stayed on. Just like I remain a loyal Pats fan through thick and thin.

Until you've accumulated more experience and upgraded your brain, you only exhude neural flatulence.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Rebuilding year

[Quote]"By the sound of things you have been a Pats fan for zero years. I love this season. Nowhere to go but up. Its called faith, its called football."

What an incredibly arrogant and stupid statement. How old are you? I've been a Pats fan since I was 12 years old in 1967. You do the math, if your worthless education prepared you to do math calculations. Being a patient fan and an analytical one is being a true fan. I have realistic expectations of the team. And I am a patient fan, because I've stayed with the Bruins since Orr's rookie season in 1966-67. When everyone else has jumped ship, I stayed on. Just like I remain a loyal Pats fan through thick and thin.

Until you've accumulated more experience and upgraded your brain, you only exhude neural flatulence.[/Quote]so i guess your opinion out-weighs his?most of what he says makes sence.some is a wait,and see.not everyone here has to be a fan of a player,or a scheme to be a patriot fan.

Sections
Shortcuts