***Receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency*** Are you kiddin' me?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

***Receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency*** Are you kiddin' me?

The Boston Globe "keeps hearing" receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency.

Beat writer Greg A. Bedard believes Vincent Jackson and Mike Wallace will be the Pats' two most likely targets, though he's unsure if they would be willing to dole out a "pick and contract" if Jackson is franchised and Wallace, who is a restricted free agent, is tendered at the highest level. Brandon Lloyd would be a more hassle free, and presumably cheaper, option. - roto

So I guess the D is fine?

Oooooorrrrr maybe BB draft all D???? Here's to hoping...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robwis1. Show Robwis1's posts

Re: ***Receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency*** Are you kiddin' me?

I can't see them giving up what, a first and third?, then a big contract, for Wallace.  I've heard Bill loves him but I think that's a pretty steep price when there are others available unrestricted, IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: ***Receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency*** Are you kiddin' me?

DEFENSE.. Mario may not be tagged.  Just start there I say.  Then go get Lloyd.  After that see if Finnegan would come in for a fair deal.  

Hi, I am a pretend GM. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In Response to Re: ***Receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency*** Are you kiddin' me?:
    [QUOTE]I can't see them giving up what, a first and third?, then a big contract, for Wallace.  I've heard Bill loves him but I think that's a pretty steep price when there are others available unrestricted, IMO
    Posted by Robwis1[/QUOTE]

The price is only a first now...thats new in the CBA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hulk. Show hulk's posts

The Boston Globe has as much "inside info" as we do. The Patriots are going to go after the FA's that make the most sense for the right price.  After all this, they could go after one of the Saints WR and trade for Gholdson.  It's fun to speculate, but in the end the sports writers are just as clueless as we are.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

BOOOO

We have no defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Like seriously we have giant holes in the 3-4 if we go to it and if we stick with the 4-3 we need a better nose than Love and another end to compliment Carter or whoever we have.

Such a joke. We must be going after Mario hard or something because we only have one or two spots for a WR and the cap that guys like Vincent Jackson would take up isn't even likely.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cantstopme. Show cantstopme's posts

Teams aren't limited to making only one move in the off season.... adding Wallace or Jackson wouldn't mean that NE doesn't also do something else to improve the defense. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: ***Receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency*** Are you kiddin' me?:
    [QUOTE]The Boston Globe has as much "inside info" as we do. The Patriots are going to go after the FA's that make the most sense for the right price.  After all this, they could go after one of the Saints WR and trade for Gholdson.  It's fun to speculate, but in the end the sports writers are just as clueless as we are.  
    Posted by hulk[/QUOTE]

CORRECT!!! BB will not blow up the team finances for anyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]The Boston Globe has as much "inside info" as we do. The Patriots are going to go after the FA's that make the most sense for the right price.  After all this, they could go after one of the Saints WR and trade for Gholdson.  It's fun to speculate, but in the end the sports writers are just as clueless as we are.  
    Posted by hulk[/QUOTE]
    Agree, here, Hulk!  Only difference between beat writers and fans, the writers get paid for the same BS and "opinions".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I could see them using FA more for the O and the draft more for the D. I do think they will bring in a Safety in FA.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to ***Receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency*** Are you kiddin' me?:
    [QUOTE]The Boston Globe "keeps hearing" receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency. Beat writer Greg A. Bedard believes Vincent Jackson and Mike Wallace will be the Pats' two most likely targets, though he's unsure if they would be willing to dole out a "pick and contract" if Jackson is franchised and Wallace, who is a restricted free agent, is tendered at the highest level. Brandon Lloyd would be a more hassle free, and presumably cheaper, option. - roto So I guess the D is fine? Oooooorrrrr maybe BB draft all D???? Here's to hoping...
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Neither of you are right...

We are borderline starving at wide receiver, We currently have 1 player of any note who plays any of the D-Line positions currently under contract, 1 Safety who plays for 2 games, gets injured for 3 games, plays for the next 3 games, before getting injured for the next 4 games again, AND finally we really NEED a Center, We desperately NEED anywhere from 1-3 Linebackers, and we could certainly use another Tackle and Guard as seemingly always...

So look for Bill Belichick to target: PlaceKicker, Punter, Tight End, Inside Linebacker, Quarterback, and perhaps finally Cornerback over and above Safety...seeing as how our CB position is finally less desperate than we've looked here from anywhere within the total span of the last 5 to upwards of 7 years...  And finally, if given the option of solidifying any of the various O-Line spots, seein' as how shoring up the interior of the line is the more pressing need of the 2012 offseason (personell-wise, Brady's passing pocket tendencies of stepping up inside, along with the inside rushing game we need to deploy more as a threat)- We WILL therefore, only even consider signing Offensive Tackles...unless a really great one slips in Round #1- In this event, we'll just trade down into three 3rd rounders, which we'll happily use on 3 draftees of 6th Round Quality or worse.  8^)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

What in tarnation?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to ***Receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency*** Are you kiddin' me? : Neither of you are right... We are borderline starving at wide receiver, We currently have 1 player of any note who plays any of the D-Line positions currently under contract, 1 Safety who plays for 2 games, gets injured for 3 games, plays for the next 3 games, before getting injured for the next 4 games again, AND finally we really NEED a Center, We desperately NEED anywhere from 1-3 Linebackers, and we could certainly use another Tackle and Guard as seemingly always... So look for Bill Belichick to target: PlaceKicker, Punter, Tight End, Inside Linebacker, Quarterback, and perhaps finally Cornerback over and above Safety...seeing as how our CB position is finally less desperate than we've looked here from anywhere within the total span of the last 5 to upwards of 7 years...  And finally, if given the option of solidifying any of the various O-Line spots, seein' as how shoring up the interior of the line is the more pressing need of the 2012 offseason (personell-wise, Brady's passing pocket tendencies of stepping up inside, along with the inside rushing game we need to deploy more as a threat)- We WILL therefore, only even consider signing Offensive Tackles...unless a really great one slips in Round #1- In this event, we'll just trade down into three 3rd rounders, which we'll happily use on 3 draftees of 6th Round Quality or worse.  8^)    
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]
       That sounds about right, Laz.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]What in tarnation?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Yosamety Sam has never been my target audience...

Also, and for better or worse, we might wanna also include here: Any female on Earth, Everyone whom makes over 25K a year, Every Christian, some Muslims, roughly 90% of people with origins of Oriental decent (or just any people who like to process things using rational, concise, or just succinct methodology)- Oh, South Americans- Central Americans too, I suppose- Both outside the framework of my target audience, en masse & without exception just like the others.  Ooops, right=Age; Over 45 and I'm a freakin' nvtcase with run-on grammar, 25 and under and I'm offering far too many multi-syllablic words in my theories which are never 1 dimensional (they can't go over "1")...

But honestly, whenever I get readers whom fall outside these very minute framework of basic & simple guidelines, you can bet the farm that at least 50% of the time, they WILL "like" (read: "Like"-(def.) To not despise to the point of having physical flu-like symptoms resulting in nausea and partial temporary blindness) my writing...     

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Masal tov?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***Receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency*** Are you kiddin' me? :    That sounds about right, Laz.
    Posted by jerh5[/QUOTE]

Lol, forgot Runningback- That there only, has gotta be a Top 3 priority in the event that we re-sign BJGE (whom we used terribly this year- 1st and 10 plays, showing run, offering only running schemes...before benching him for a quarter or two upon his first gain of 0 yardage in any instance).  So yea, We secure BJGE, and considering that we stole a guy who could be a sweet scatback <Woodhead /> for years to come, And drafted a power-back who has exceptional skills except in possibly the easiest skill-set which he needs to still work on (ball security), and 1 more guy (Vareen) whom showed that he has the sorta N-S efficiency in style that we haven't seen since Curtis Martin booked (but who got hurt, and has since fully healed for some time)-

...then yea- 4 guys, the oldest bein' about 25 or maybe 26 years old- yea, we could still use 6 or 7 more runningbacks Over and Above "less pressing" positional worries...(especially in light of our propensity for passing schemes- We might take 2 RBs in the first 3 picks alone!).

~Standard Rule: So long as it ain't a laughably glaring need...THAN, we need it.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***Receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency*** Are you kiddin' me? : Yosamety Sam has never been my target audience... Also, and for better or worse, we might wanna also include here: Any female on Earth, Everyone whom makes over 25K a year, Every Christian, some Muslims, roughly 90% of people with origins of Oriental decent (or just any people who like to process things using rational, concise, or just succinct methodology)- Oh, South Americans- Central Americans too, I suppose- Both outside the framework of my target audience, en masse & without exception just like the others.  Ooops, right=Age; Over 45 and I'm a freakin' nvtcase with run-on grammar, 25 and under and I'm offering far too many multi-syllablic words in my theories which are never 1 dimensional (they can't go over "1")... But honestly, whenever I get readers whom fall outside these very minute framework of basic & simple guidelines, you can bet the farm that at least 50% of the time, they WILL "like" (read: "Like"-(def.) To not despise to the point of having physical flu-like symptoms resulting in nausea and partial temporary blindness) my writing...     
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

You are on fire today rain man. Not one of your best days, but not too shabby either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Masal tov?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Ahh-gggh- Look, I don't know whom I'm supposed ta hate any longer, so I'm just goin' back to the ways that took me this far, thus far (which believe me, Hasn't been far): 

I'm goin' back to having zero impartialities and/or presumptions based not on, the lone individual, but based upon rather- whatever inherited or just learned, groups/value systems/philosophical notions which said individual groups his or herself under, within, and a part of-
       Like I said, I ain't hatin' along these lines any longer...

Rather- I'm goin' back to despising down to dreams of torture and death, whomever or just whatever randomly irked or just bugged me, that day...prior to rageful wishes of death & destruction passed off, and then back on, to the very NEXT person who committed whatever subjectively determined acts of cardinal sin that I felt like believing in at that given instant-  

I'm happier; I'm a better person this way.

~~~

Census Person came to just my particular condo again- Oh, Police knocked yesterday about my neighbor too (they haven't bothered to ask me about anything insane my neighbor's done for a whole 2 weeks up until that point last night!)...

Census person was weird, considering that I was "randomly" chosen for the lengthy census when they did the National Census just under or abouts a year ago now...  Last month?  The Bureau for Fish and Wildlife showed up at my door, saying that I had been "selected" for a survey THEY were doing (apparently, no other option is acceptable once a person has been chosen <according to them />)-

In any event, and in both cases- I leaned out the window and told the cops that I neither call them OR am I the party responsible for them BEING called in the 1st place, so "Don't bother me any more, because I'm not gonna give you 1 word of my time...thanx <click />", while I leaned out the upstairs and after the 12th census person peeked her head up and revealed her intent, I expressed my own with: "I'm not interested, and I will never BE interested."  And when she conveyed just how "short the survey was", I conveyed that "The duration of the survey didn't play 1 bit of a factor with my stance on this matter."

~~~

I ain't makin' the precise parrallel with my feelings in portion 1, compared to the events I told you in portion 2-  Not really sure what I'm sayin'...  Maybe it's simply that, I'm sick of givin' people respect and time whom continually take more and ever more of- well, everything...  In the same fashion, I can no longer condone, drawing detrimental conclusions, feelings, and mindsights, based on aspects about people which it's clearer & clearer, don't bother or even really affect me in the slightest. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ***Receiver will be the Patriots' top priority in free agency*** Are you kiddin' me? : You are on fire today rain man. Not one of your best days, but not too shabby either.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Thanx mthurl...  And your words ain't a light joke either.  There are days when I'm hittin' on twice the cylinders of anyone and everyone else...and there are an equal number of days where tying my shoes is a 20 minute chore (recently, these days have brought about an apparent inability to apparently fire the exact neurons that I guess have to do with the properties of screwing lids and caps on containers, soda bottles...you name it- Yes...seriously. Yes...seriously).  I too, readily recognize both extremes, considering that for me at least, there ain't any days in the middle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I'm part of the "ism" that belongs to getting high at the top, leaning on some broken railing which snaps, before having the strength and coordination and know-how to somehow & someway catch on to the side after falling 12 stories, prior to realizing that the portion I grabbed was the exact same type of lattice-work and painted railing which I unconditionally & irrationally blamed for sendin' me over the side and on my journey down from the get-go... 
         Yea, we ALL know what I'd do next, me included: 
    I'd rip that portion of railing off the side using every fiber in my being & without a moment's hesitation in order to "punish it" for "having the nerve", prior to me falling the 200 remainder stories before breaking my back on the turf while the railing fragment impales me 1 second after reaching bottom in a final & fitting coup-de-gras...

My brother died this exact same way...cousin too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Apple(s) don't fall from their (family)tree's, now do they?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Apple(s) don't fall from their (family)tree's, now do they?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Not sure...  Last apple I ate belonged to a batch that the guy in charge apparently didn't want ANY-one to touch.  Well I ate several, odd considering that the apples in the adjacent trees looked better & tasted better...then I picked the remainder off to throw at my girlfriend at the time (she quickly yielded, so I spent several minutes crushing the rest underfoot).  I feel that why they still continue to ban me from Johnny Appleseed Orchards, says less about me than it does with them carrying a grudge for too long  8^)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

An Octet to express you're antipathy?

Sections
Shortcuts