Receiving the ball first!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Re: Receiving the ball first!

I dissagree.  I like deferring.  Seems like more times than not, Pats have the ball at the end of the second with a chance to tack on points and then get the back at the half.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Receiving the ball first!

I didn't catch the begining of the game and was curious who won the coin flip?

The Pats really need to accept the ball first if winning the coin toss.  Put the O out there and get the momentum going in the Pats favor from the get go.  Too many times the D goes out first and just seem to get beat on the opening drives with either a TD or field goal. This just seems to put too much pressure on the offense from the beginning. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

No deferring is better, it gives you the chance to score going in at the half and then again coming out. It usually works well for the Pats, they just couldn't even get a first down coming out of half time yesterday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

You should never defer and embaress yourself like that by putting that paltry defense out there 1st like they can stop anyone.

Thats the mistake. You dont defer w/ a crap defense. It backfires on you...

We didnt want to go down early 7-0 against the Steelers...what a bad coaching day...  B.B. is doing something wrong...IDK what it is....but we keep looking flustered in big games..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from manowar333. Show manowar333's posts

Deferring is only better with a solid D or if you have a coaching staff that can make crucial halftime adjustments, both of which this team lacks.  This team always comes out so flat to start the second half that it negates the possession.  Take the ball to start the game!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Re: Receiving the ball first!:
    [QUOTE]My only complaints with this is our offense out of halftime is an abject failure under Bill O"Brien, so maybe it would be better if they just tried scripting a drive like Pitt did yesterday. It's definitely an issue because our offense is so anemic at times. The D made GREAT half time adjustments yesterday, too.  We lack a clean and efficiennt offense out of halftime! How can ypou sit here and lie??! NE's D allowed 17 points and then 6 points. Miller nad Wallace were contained well in the second half.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Too bad the Offense couldn't make similar adjustments too. We can't seem to come out of halftime and drive for a score anymore. That used to be the Hallmark of this offense. I'm not as down on the team as it seems most people are. We have to lose some games over the course of the season. Yesterday was just one of them. I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet. This offense has problems when D's man up and play physical on the line. We need an answer to that type of defense.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

In Response to Re: Receiving the ball first!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Receiving the ball first! :The thing is, they fail on the drive out of half and then they never establish rythm. That's one more element we lose out on and why our O Line looks worse than it really is. We lose rhythm because we don't show patience with the run to dictate. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

It's pretty hard to establish rhythm when the other team stays on the field for 30 minutes in real time every drive.  The defense didn't force a punt until the 4th quarter.  Brady is correct that the offensive should be unhappy with themselves that they were unable to answer Pitt's scoring drives, but think about how many shots they had of the sideline showing Brady throwing trying to stay warm.  It goes both ways.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

Why the hell is it dating my posts an hour early.  Making it appear out of order.  Fail...

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hey, our D isn't very good, why in the heck do we put them on the field first?  That's one of my big problems.  And don't say so we can get the ball in the second half.  Not very often have the Patriots scored to go into halftime then get the ball first for the second half and go down and score again.  As I recall, that doesn't happen very often with this team.  Plus by then the tempo of the game has already been determined! 

Get the ball first and let the offense create momentum for the Patriots, not let your D go out there and create the tempo because it's not going to turn out well.  Keep the D out off the field as long as possible.  Get the ball first, take time off the clock, score, get momentum on the Pats side and then let the D go out on the field!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

On the road, I want the ball first