Reconsider what Welker is worth after reading what Amendola is projected to get?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Reconsider what Welker is worth after reading what Amendola is projected to get?

Danny Amendola- WR - NFL Network's Ian Rapoport says "at this point it looks like" Danny Amendola will be able to test the free-agent market.
    "The Rams have their value on him. We'll see if he beats it in [free agency]," added Rapoport. The fragile slot receiver has missed 20 games over the last two seasons, and he isn't worth the $10-plus million on the franchise tag. Our own Evan Silva set Amendola's value at around $6 million per year in his Top 50 Free Agency Forecast. Rapoport names the 49ers and Patriots as suitors.

Feb 28 - 2:20 PM
    ------------------------
    $6 mill for Amendola!!  Hahahaha! Seriously?  Thats what some people around here were wanting Welker to take.  If Amendola value is worth $6 million a year, then WW better be offered at least $8 mill per yr. 

I really hope the Patriots aren't considering Amendola.  He is not worth the risk, I would rather they draft Tavon Austin.

An interesting note here.... The 49'ers are apparently interested in Amendola.  I have mentioned in the past the 49'ers could be interested in Welker.  So could the 49'ers offer Welker some big money to go play with them or since the 49'ers have a plethora of draft picks this season might the Pats sign Welker and trade him to the 49'ers for some a couple of their many picks?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Re: Reconsider what Welker is worth after reading what Amendola is projected to get?

In response to TFB12's comment:  I'd be fine with the patriots traded welker to SF for the 31 and maybe a late round as well.  IF the Pats take all/most of the money they have in cap space and spend it on DEFENSE.  We can draft a WR in the 2nd rd or later and pick up some vet min guys in FA.  

Brady will be fine with Gronk, Hern, LLoyd?, vereen out of backfield, and ridley running. 

It's a risk and might mean the Pats D with new players and pretty young overall will take a bit to gel and some new pieces might not work but I think it's worth the risk.

Danny Amendola- WR - NFL Network's Ian Rapoport says "at this point it looks like" Danny Amendola will be able to test the free-agent market. "The Rams have their value on him. We'll see if he beats it in [free agency]," added Rapoport. The fragile slot receiver has missed 20 games over the last two seasons, and he isn't worth the $10-plus million on the franchise tag. Our own Evan Silva set Amendola's value at around $6 million per year in his Top 50 Free Agency Forecast. Rapoport names the 49ers and Patriots as suitors. Related: 49ers, Patriots   Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Feb 28 - 2:20 PM ------------------------ $6 mill for Amendola!!  Hahahaha! Seriously?  Thats what some people around here were wanting Welker to take.  If Amendola value is worth $6 million a year, then WW better be offered at least $8 mill per yr.    I really hope the Patriots aren't considering Amendola.  He is not worth the risk, I would rather they draft Tavon Austin.   An interesting note here.... The 49'ers are apparently interested in Amendola.  I have mentioned in the past the 49'ers could be interested in Welker.  So could the 49'ers offer Welker some big money to go play with them or since the 49'ers have a plethora of draft picks this season might the Pats sign Welker and trade him to the 49'ers for some a couple of their many picks?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Reconsider what Welker is worth after reading what Amendola is projected to get?

In response to quinzpatsfan's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:  I'd be fine with the patriots traded welker to SF for the 31 and maybe a late round as well.  IF the Pats take all/most of the money they have in cap space and spend it on DEFENSE.  We can draft a WR in the 2nd rd or later and pick up some vet min guys in FA.  

Brady will be fine with Gronk, Hern, LLoyd?, vereen out of backfield, and ridley running. 

It's a risk and might mean the Pats D with new players and pretty young overall will take a bit to gel and some new pieces might not work but I think it's worth the risk.

Danny Amendola- WR - NFL Network's Ian Rapoport says "at this point it looks like" Danny Amendola will be able to test the free-agent market. "The Rams have their value on him. We'll see if he beats it in [free agency]," added Rapoport. The fragile slot receiver has missed 20 games over the last two seasons, and he isn't worth the $10-plus million on the franchise tag. Our own Evan Silva set Amendola's value at around $6 million per year in his Top 50 Free Agency Forecast. Rapoport names the 49ers and Patriots as suitors. Related: 49ers, Patriots   Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Feb 28 - 2:20 PM ------------------------ $6 mill for Amendola!!  Hahahaha! Seriously?  Thats what some people around here were wanting Welker to take.  If Amendola value is worth $6 million a year, then WW better be offered at least $8 mill per yr.    I really hope the Patriots aren't considering Amendola.  He is not worth the risk, I would rather they draft Tavon Austin.   An interesting note here.... The 49'ers are apparently interested in Amendola.  I have mentioned in the past the 49'ers could be interested in Welker.  So could the 49'ers offer Welker some big money to go play with them or since the 49'ers have a plethora of draft picks this season might the Pats sign Welker and trade him to the 49'ers for some a couple of their many picks?

Except that trade makes 0 sense for the 49ers. Trading a first round pick for a 32 WR, who, if you trade him, would be under a franchise tag?

Percy Harvin couldn't net a first round pick.

Brandon Marshall couldn't either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

First we'd have to either sign or tag Welker before he can be traded. Second why would SF trade for that contract and give up a 1st?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

TFB we know you don't want welker to leave :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Lot's of speculation out there that there was an understanding between the team and Brady that the Pats would make a good faith effort to re-sign Welker as part of the latest contract extension deal.  Not sure how much weight to assign to it but I don't see it as being beyond the realm of possibility.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

The Pats don't need a first round pic for Welker but the 49ers have 15 picks and the Pats have none in the 4th, 5th and 6th rounds.  I can see them signing Wes or putting the tag on him then trading him for 2 r 3 picks (depending on the round) and taking Austin with their first pick.  Nothing BB does surprises me anymore.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Amendola is only 27, that's the major difference.  Also, you can't sign a player to a multi-year deal and trade him in the NFL like you can in basketball. It's not permitted, plus the economics wouldn't work with accelerated cap hits and all of that.

You can tag and trade his rights once he signs the tender.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Amendola is only 27, that's the major difference.  Also, you can't sign a player to a multi-year deal and trade him in the NFL like you can in basketball. It's not permitted, plus the economics wouldn't work with accelerated cap hits and all of that.

Thank you for setting me straight on the sign and trade topic. 

As for the age 27 remark... If he can't stay on the field at the ages of 24 - 27, then who would want to sign him to a multi year contract as he gets older?  Not me!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

The only thing that amedola and WELKER have in common, is there white.  As far as the football field goes, there is no comparison.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

The only thing that amedola and WELKER have in common, is there white.  As far as the football field goes, there is no comparison.  

And they run mostly short/intermediate routes. They have a lot of similarities.

I would say Amendola is a bit faster and runs more deep routes, but he's also injury prone. He's also a bit taller than Welker.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I don't think there's a rule against trading a player you just signed to a multi-year deal, but you're right the economics wouldn't be favourable if you had paid a substantial signing bonus.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

First we'd have to either sign or tag Welker before he can be traded. Second why would SF trade for that contract and give up a 1st?

I doubt that Welker will walk. He and Brady are close friends, and Wes has been Tom's main man over the past several years. My guess is that Brady did his contract restructure at least in part so that the Pats would resign Wes. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

rather they draft austin than go after amendola, but hopefully they get another receiver, obviously you all know i would love for them to sign dwyane bowe.

they need to pursue dwight freeney hard too, imagine the pats d-line with chandler jones, vince wilfork, and dwight freeney.....oh man that would be great.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Let me say this TFB.  I wouldn't spend a dime over $4 for Amendola and that's because I would be desperate to get him.  A slot receiver that cannot stay healthly?  I'd rather draft for Tavon Austin if I'm that Rams and hope that works out. 

Welker is an amazing slot receiver, but that's what he is.  A slot receiver.  $6.5 a year for a number 2WR is plenty IMO, but he will obviously get more. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

Dola Plays Hard. he makes increadile cathes, Injuries happen. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

0_o...

What is wrong with you? Are you Welker's agent or something? Why would you want Welker to want more money from the Pats? How does the Pats paying Welker over 8 million dollars help us get better on defense? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

0_o...

What is wrong with you? Are you Welker's agent or something? Why would you want Welker to want more money from the Pats? How does the Pats paying Welker over 8 million dollars help us get better on defense? 

You clearly are missing the point.  Many people here were saying the Pats should sign Welker for $5-$6 mill per year and wanting to let him walk in favor of Amendola.

As you can clearly see from my original post Amendola's projected market value is $6 mill per yr.  If Amendola's projected value is at $6 mill per year then it is foolish to even consider Wellker at $5-$6 mill per year.  Certainly the $8-$9 mill range for Welker is not out of line.  And that's the whole point!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The pats will resign Wes. I guarantee that.it will be team friendly, structured similar to Brady with some nice guaranteed money, and a live able base Maybe over 4 years. They will do this because they will cut Lloyd and save 4.9m against the cap. This also means we will be in the market for 2 wr's. I think we sign 2 possible FA's which will start in a little over A weeks time. I don't think they bring in amendola. Too costly, and I personally don't think hesis what they need.