Reconsider what Welker is worth after reading what Amendola is projected to get?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Reconsider what Welker is worth after reading what Amendola is projected to get?

In response to Godvernment's comment:

TFB isn't a Patriots fan.. he's a brady/welker fanboy.

Of course I'm a TFB and Welker fan.  Also a fan of all the other players on the team that contribute to make the team better.  Call it being a fanboy, whatever!  I want another SB!  I want what gives this team the best chance at winning and Welker does that.  Can't see how anyone can disagree with those motives.  Apparently you don't want this team making another SB run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Reconsider what Welker is worth after reading what Amendola is projected to get?

Can't see  anyone giving Danny Amendola $6 million till he plays a full season and racks up some catches and TDs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Just franchise welker, who cares

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

The cap does, after they tag him he eats up 60% of the available spending cash the Pats have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:

The cap does, after they tag him he eats up 60% of the available spending cash the Pats have.

49 is right, can't tag him now, re work a deal that fits Both player n team!   

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

NE is not a suitor for Amendola, not at 6 mil per anyway. That makes no sense. Also, it doesn't matter what STL stupidly values Amendola at right now.

yep u keep saving kraft's money and keep watching brady age-brilliant fiscal policy there

be thankful pats have been in that terrible division in a subpar conference so you can have enough success to make it look like this approach works...in the NFC it would be exposed which would really be better in the long run but I enjoy it

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Some things I took from this thread:

A. I'd tag and trade (or sign and trade?) Welker to SF for their 2nd rd pick... thats what we gave up for him 6 years and a shredded knee ago when we had a deal paying him 3-4m a year not the 8-9 he wants. Then we can beat SF in the SB knowing Wes's weaknesses and wathcing him drop 2-3 clutch passes.

B. If Amedola is valued at 6m then Welker might be valued at 7-8... but b/c Amendola is younger and less a product of the Patriots system, he should be getting clsoe to the same $ and for 1-2 more years.

C. Wes and the Pats need to settle on something in the 4/28 range with 12-16m guaranteed and ASAP, so they can hit the ground running in free agency

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

yep u keep saving kraft's money and keep watching brady age-brilliant fiscal policy there

be thankful pats have been in that terrible division in a subpar conference so you can have enough success to make it look like this approach works...in the NFC it would be exposed which would really be better in the long run but I enjoy it

Explain the Patriots' 26-6 record vs NFC teams since 2005 Einstein.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Boom goes the dynamite!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

that's pretty good

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

hahaha ok dig u got me! 

although i would like to see that record from 08-12  (NFC ascension/sb wins) and i would like to see which nfc teams they lost to-that may change things a bit if they lost to the good ones and beat the scrubs because the strength is at the top and the NFC has had more top teams/sb champs the past 5 yrs

besides i threw that in as icing on the cake-my point is the continued ability to be so budget conscious (which is not the same thing as capology) and have fans be so concerned with "value" and "comes cheap" as if they should care about Kraft's money (what he shares it with you?) being so careful/tightfisted at times while brady ages is foolishness-not seeing the forest for the trees-and u gotta admit the main reasons the pats have been so good is brady and a weak division every year...this masks kraft's "blood from a stone" approach and it would be exposed if not for the above (including perhaps still my NFC point-gotta ck those wins and losses)

Not that I care personally but it makes for good conversation

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

LOL!!

Diggs absolutely exposes our little Giants dork troll.

not quite (see above)

lets see pats vs nfc 08-12 and vs the good teams

but that is just a throw in anyway -my real point is pats and $$$$ (see above)

and we all know pats are 0-2 in sb vs nfc lately too but again not the main point

btw "little"? i could probably kick ur a** queenie : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

15-5

2008 4-0
    New England Patriots 30 at San Francisco 49ers 21
    St. Louis Rams 16 at New England Patriots 23
    New England Patriots 24 at Seattle Seahawks 21
    Arizona Cardinals 7 at New England Patriots 47 (Cardinals NFC champs)

2009 3-1
    Atlanta Falcons 10 at New England Patriots 26
    New England Patriots 35 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7
    New England Patriots 17 at New Orleans Saints 38 (Saints SB champs)
    Carolina Panthers 10 at New England Patriots 20

2010 4-0
    Minnesota Vikings 18 at New England Patriots 28
    New England Patriots 45 at Detroit Lions 24
    New England Patriots 36 at Chicago Bears 7
    Green Bay Packers 27 at New England Patriots 31 (Packers SB champs)

2011 3-1
    Dallas Cowboys 16 at New England Patriots 20
    New York Giants 24 at New England Patriots 20 (Giants SB champs)
    New England Patriots 38 at Philadelphia Eagles 20
    New England Patriots 34 at Washington Redskins 27

2012 1-3
    Arizona Cardinals 20 at New England Patriots 18
    New England Patriots 23 at Seattle Seahawks 24
    New England Patriots 45 at St. Louis Rams 7
    San Francisco 49ers 41 at New England Patriots 34

Was 2012 an aberration or a sign of things to come? You be the judge.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

15-5

2008 4-0
    New England Patriots 30 at San Francisco 49ers 21
    St. Louis Rams 16 at New England Patriots 23
    New England Patriots 24 at Seattle Seahawks 21
    Arizona Cardinals 7 at New England Patriots 47

2009 3-1
    Atlanta Falcons 10 at New England Patriots 26
    New England Patriots 35 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 7
    New England Patriots 17 at New Orleans Saints 38 (Saints SB champs)
    Carolina Panthers 10 at New England Patriots 20

2010 4-0
    Minnesota Vikings 18 at New England Patriots 28
    New England Patriots 45 at Detroit Lions 24
    New England Patriots 36 at Chicago Bears 7
    Green Bay Packers 27 at New England Patriots 31

2011 3-1
    Dallas Cowboys 16 at New England Patriots 20
    New York Giants 24 at New England Patriots 20 (Giants SB champs)
    New England Patriots 38 at Philadelphia Eagles 20
    New England Patriots 34 at Washington Redskins 27

2012 1-3
    Arizona Cardinals 20 at New England Patriots 18
    New England Patriots 23 at Seattle Seahawks 24
    New England Patriots 45 at St. Louis Rams 7
    San Francisco 49ers 41 at New England Patriots 34

Was 2012 an aberration or a sign of things to come? You be the judge.

hmmm...dunno but this does show 08 beat scrubenees...09 lost bad to saints, i guess atl was ok that season so good win...10 nice wins over bears and pack...11 not bad ...last year only beat the scrubenee

guess we can meet in the middle here Dig but good research!

who from NFC on pats schedule this year?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

LOL!!

Diggs absolutely exposes our little Giants dork troll.

not quite (see above)

lets see pats vs nfc 08-12 and vs the good teams

but that is just a throw in anyway -my real point is pats and $$$$ (see above)

and we all know pats are 0-2 in sb vs nfc lately too but again not the main point

btw "little"? i could probably kick ur a** queenie : )

Sure, fat boy.  A virgin and overweight in a basement as a troll thinking he can kick my butt.  Isn't that swell.  45 years old and this:

5 10 175 and in good shape-very little flab, good amout of muscle, even some abs-not 6 pack but certainly a 4 pack  :  )-sorry the above can't be me

not a virgin, don't live in a basement, don't work at 7-11, don't make minimum wage etc etc

u should be a writer queenie-u do have the imagination and most of what u post-including football related-is pure fiction

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

hmmm...dunno but this does show 08 beat scrubenees...09 lost bad to saints, i guess atl was ok that season so good win...10 nice wins over bears and pack...11 not bad ...last year only beat the scrubenee

guess we can meet in the middle here Dig but good research!

who from NFC on pats schedule this year?

NFC South this year.

2008 Cardinals were in the SB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

hahaha ok dig u got me! 

although i would like to see that record from 08-12  (NFC ascension/sb wins) and i would like to see which nfc teams they lost to-that may change things a bit if they lost to the good ones and beat the scrubs because the strength is at the top and the NFC has had more top teams/sb champs the past 5 yrs

besides i threw that in as icing on the cake-my point is the continued ability to be so budget conscious (which is not the same thing as capology) and have fans be so concerned with "value" and "comes cheap" as if they should care about Kraft's money (what he shares it with you?) being so careful/tightfisted at times while brady ages is foolishness-not seeing the forest for the trees-and u gotta admit the main reasons the pats have been so good is brady and a weak division every year...this masks kraft's "blood from a stone" approach and it would be exposed if not for the above (including perhaps still my NFC point-gotta ck those wins and losses)

Excuses, excuses...26-6 speaks volumes. Because it doesn't support your ridiculous statement, now we have to dissect all those wins and loses so it fits whatever agenda you have. I would say 26-6 is about enough we need to know to understand what success the Pats have had in the NFC. 

Also, the eagles, cowboys and skins have been model franchises. Gee, to think you only have to go 9-7 to win the division is scary. A real tough battle for the GMen. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

hahaha ok dig u got me! 

Excuses, excuses...26-6 speaks volumes. Because it doesn't support your ridiculous statement, now we have to dissect all those wins and loses so it fits whatever agenda you have. I would say 26-6 is about enough we need to know to understand what success the Pats have had in the NFC. 

Also, the eagles, cowboys and skins have been model franchises. Gee, to think you only have to go 9-7 to win the division is scary. A real tough battle for the GMen. 

must be  a tough battle cause we are a helluva lot better prepared and battle tested than the pats whenever we meet it seems

sorry, pats division blows and if they played in the nfc-where they wouldn't be rotating divisions and get scrubo's but had to play saints, falcons, giants, packers, 49ers-perhaps every year no way no how do they have the success they have had in the past decade-same goes if they had to play the steelers and ravens twice a year every year

an hell yeah i broke it down and i see pats batting about .500 vs the tougher teams in the NFC-whenever they actually play them

and dont compare the AFC Easy to the NFC east..hell gmen gotta face rg3 romo and vick...u guys face sanchez, fitzgerald and i'll say tannehill is good but still and thats only this yr so evens out with rg3-sort of b/c rg3 is twice as good

boy do i wish jints played in afc east  :  )

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

hahaha ok dig u got me! 

besides i threw that in anyone as icing on the cake-my point is the continued ability to be so budget conscious (which is not the same thing as capology) and have fans be so concerned with "value" and "comes cheap" as if they should care about Kraft's money-what he shares it with you? being so careful/tightfisted at times while brady ages is foolishness-very not seeing the forest for the trees-and u gotta admit the main reasons the pats have been so good is brady and a weak division every year...this masks kraft's blood from a stone approach and it would be exposed if not for the above

What is this "budget conscious" crap nonsense. The Pat's were in the top ten in real dollars spent last year and they were first in spending of all the playoff teams. Quit throwing sh*t against the wall and seeing if something will stick. Try to have a semblance of honesty.

come on man dont be blind...u know just wwhat i am saying and most of ur budget this past yr was wrapped up in brady so that sekws ur nonsense about being "highest" paid in playoffs...bottom line: when brady goes and afc easy finally decides to get better u will see if kraft's/bb's way works or not..until then u can keep winning 5-6 games in the afc east and keep trying to keep that wallet on lockdown

and hey good for you guys no problem with that...sf 49ers in montana's era had good rams teams sometimes but easy division as did steelers and cowboys for most part in the 70's...keep taking advantage