Reconsider what Welker is worth after reading what Amendola is projected to get?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Reconsider what Welker is worth after reading what Amendola is projected to get?

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

yep u keep saving kraft's money and keep watching brady age-brilliant fiscal policy there

be thankful pats have been in that terrible division in a subpar conference so you can have enough success to make it look like this approach works...in the NFC it would be exposed which would really be better in the long run but I enjoy it

Explain the Patriots' 26-6 record vs NFC teams since 2005 Einstein.

hahaha ok dig u got me! 

although i would like to see that record from 08-12  (NFC ascension/sb wins) and i would like to see which nfc teams they lost to-that may change things a bit if they lost to the good ones and beat the scrubs because the strength is at the top and the NFC has had more top teams/sb champs the past 5 yrs

besides i threw that in anyone as icing on the cake-my point is the continued ability to be so budget conscious (which is not the same thing as capology) and have fans be so concerned with "value" and "comes cheap" as if they should care about Kraft's money-what he shares it with you? being so careful/tightfisted at times while brady ages is foolishness-very not seeing the forest for the trees-and u gotta admit the main reasons the pats have been so good is brady and a weak division every year...this masks kraft's blood from a stone approach and it would be exposed if not for the above

What is this "budget conscious" crap nonsense. The Pat's were in the top ten in real dollars spent last year and they were first in spending of all the playoff teams. Quit throwing sh*t against the wall and seeing if something will stick. Try to have a semblance of honesty.

come on man dont be blind...u know just wwhat i am saying and most of ur budget this past yr was wrapped up in brady so that sekws ur nonsense about being "highest" paid in playoffs...bottom line: when brady goes and afc easy finally decides to get better u will see if kraft's/bb's way works or not..until then u can keep winning 5-6 games in the afc east and keep trying to keep that wallet on lockdown

and hey good for you guys no problem with that...sf 49ers in montana's era had good rams teams sometimes but easy division as did steelers and cowboys for most part in the 70's...keep taking advantage

Brady skews the numbers???

So what Denver paid Manning peanuts???

The division is no worse thean the AFC west or the AFC south.

Is it weak I would say yes but besides the AFC North and NFC west what divisions were really that good. Even those 2 divisions had bad teams.

As far as Kraft being cheap that is your perception the truth is they spend. SO stop with the lies.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4739786/patriots-were-8th-in-total-payroll

yes brady skews the payroll number

who cares what denver pays peyton that has nothing to do with pats and brady

yes division is basically bad

cheap is over the top of course-lets say tight

hey u guys are doing just fine why should u care either way? besides its basically queenie i am talking to anyway

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Reconsider what Welker is worth after reading what Amendola is projected to get?

In response to TFB12's comment:

Boom goes the dynamite!

Ha! I got off topic but what the hell.

By the way, the mighty Giants have gone 19-13 vs the lowly AFC since 2005.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

LMAO a GIANTS fan talking about weak divisions? the two times they won the super bowl against the pats, they WON their garbage division with a 9-7 record!! if thats not a sh.itty division, than i dont know what is.

yes the afc east isnt great, we all know that. hard for any of them to make any strides when the pats consistently put a good team out there every year. believe me, this brady deal discouraged every afc east team, every afc team for that matter.

for them to be able to retain brady until he is 40 AND save some cap space is unbelievable. and yet, here you are bashing BB to no tomorrow. he and kraft are the best owner/coach tandem in sports, and if you add brady you have the best owner/coach/qb tandem in the NFL.

does this guarantee a super bowl every year? obviously not, they havent won one since 2004,but what it does guarantee is a good product on the field year in and year out. its clear the pats could use some new players to be more rounded, but im not complaining.

5 super bowl appearances in 12 years is absolutely remarkable, we are absolutely spoiled as pats fans. but the fact that people get on me and others for criticizing brady for having underperformed in the playoffs of late, is just ridiculous. noone here is arguing he isnt great, he is one of the best of all time, but even he will tell you he has played poorly in some big games of late and it has possibly cost his team 2, maybe three super bowl wins.

hopefully BB goes out and gets the team some more help and they will be right back at it next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Boom goes the dynamite!

Ha! I got off topic but what the hell.

By the way, the mighty Giants have gone 19-13 vs the lowly AFC since 2005.

they seem to do ok when it counts though  :  )

u can defend the afc easy for the past decade and the afc the past 5 yrs or so if you like but neither has been too impressive at the end of the day

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

LMAO a GIANTS fan talking about weak divisions? the two times they won the super bowl against the pats, they WON their garbage division with a 9-7 record!! if thats not a sh.itty division, than i dont know what is.

yes the afc east isnt great, we all know that. hard for any of them to make any strides when the pats consistently put a good team out there every year. believe me, this brady deal discouraged every afc east team, every afc team for that matter.

for them to be able to retain brady until he is 40 AND save some cap space is unbelievable. and yet, here you are bashing BB to no tomorrow. he and kraft are the best owner/coach tandem in sports, and if you add brady you have the best owner/coach/qb tandem in the NFL.

does this guarantee a super bowl every year? obviously not, they havent won one since 2004,but what it does guarantee is a good product on the field year in and year out. its clear the pats could use some new players to be more rounded, but im not complaining.

5 super bowl appearances in 12 years is absolutely remarkable, we are absolutely spoiled as pats fans. but the fact that people get on me and others for criticizing brady for having underperformed in the playoffs of late, is just ridiculous. noone here is arguing he isnt great, he is one of the best of all time, but even he will tell you he has played poorly in some big games of late and it has possibly cost his team 2, maybe three super bowl wins.

hopefully BB goes out and gets the team some more help and they will be right back at it next year.

u can say what u will but i would love to have been in the afc east the past 10 years, no question...and the pats in the nfc east sure ain't dominating and winning every year-no way

u think they win division every year if they played ravens and steelers twice every year? be fair no way...neither do the giants, packers or saints..those are two teams that are always physically tough (their games are the hardest hitting every year) and usually very competitive and they have seen their share of afccg and sb's

this isnt a criticism of the pats just a fair perspective

besides i already said montana's 49ers had a good rams team for a few years but their nfc west was bad as was the steelers afc central and dallas's nfc east in the 70's...doesn't detract from their great legacies does it?

gee touchy touchy!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

yep u keep saving kraft's money and keep watching brady age-brilliant fiscal policy there

be thankful pats have been in that terrible division in a subpar conference so you can have enough success to make it look like this approach works...in the NFC it would be exposed which would really be better in the long run but I enjoy it

hahaha ok dig u got me! 

although i would like to see that record from 08-12  (NFC ascension/sb wins) and i would like to see which nfc teams they lost to-that may change things a bit if they lost to the good ones and beat the scrubs because the strength is at the top and the NFC has had more top teams/sb champs the past 5 yrs

besides i threw that in anyone as icing on the cake-my point is the continued ability to be so budget conscious (which is not the same thing as capology) and have fans be so concerned with "value" and "comes cheap" as if they should care about Kraft's money-what he shares it with you? being so careful/tightfisted at times while brady ages is foolishness-very not seeing the forest for the trees-and u gotta admit the main reasons the pats have been so good is brady and a weak division every year...this masks kraft's blood from a stone approach and it would be exposed if not for the above

What is this "budget conscious" crap nonsense. The Pat's were in the top ten in real dollars spent last year and they were first in spending of all the playoff teams. Quit throwing sh*t against the wall and seeing if something will stick. Try to have a semblance of honesty.

come on man dont be blind...u know just wwhat i am saying and most of ur budget this past yr was wrapped up in brady so that sekws ur nonsense about being "highest" paid in playoffs...bottom line: when brady goes and afc easy finally decides to get better u will see if kraft's/bb's way works or not..until then u can keep winning 5-6 games in the afc east and keep trying to keep that wallet on lockdown

and hey good for you guys no problem with that...sf 49ers in montana's era had good rams teams sometimes but easy division as did steelers and cowboys for most part in the 70's...keep taking advantage

Is it weak I would say yes but besides the AFC North and NFC west what divisions were really that good. Even those 2 divisions had bad teams.

As far as Kraft being cheap that is your perception the truth is they spend. SO stop with the lies.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4739786/patriots-were-8th-in-total-payroll

hey u guys are doing just fine why should u care either way? besides its basically queenie i am talking to anyway

The point was if Brady skewed the numbers why didn't Manning skew Denvers? 

Tight is even over the top they spend no matter who you are speaking with. The numbers don't lie no matter how you try and spin it.

i still dont get why ur bringing manning into it when we are only talking about kraft and the pats...ur point is a non point here and yes i know what peyton is paid

if kraft/bb ain't tight then why-whenever you read about the pats off season-the words you hear over and over are "value" "fair market value" (a euphemism for tight) "low cost" etc...it's just squeezing tighter and tighter-which is great if it works and brady makes it work. when he is gone.....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

hahaha ok dig u got me! 

Tight is even over the top they spend no matter who you are speaking with. The numbers don't lie no matter how you try and spin it.

i still dont get why ur bringing manning into it when we are only talking about kraft and the pats...ur point is a non point here and yes i know what peyton is paid

if kraft/bb ain't tight then why-whenever you read about the pats off season-the words you hear over and over are "value" "fair market value" (a euphemism for tight) "low cost" etc...it's just squeezing tighter and tighter-which is great if it works and brady makes it work. when he is gone.....

I bring manning into it because he would "skew" Denver"s number like Brady "skews" NE number as you claim. Yet NE spent more than Denver did correct? So your brady skews the number arguement is nor even close to the truth. 

The reason you hear the terms "value", "fair market" is because the Pat's philosophy is not to have a top heavy team. They try and spread the dollars more liberally over the entire roster rather than having a top heavy team. The philoosphy, whether you agree or disagree is the way they build thier roster not what they spend.

You claiming they are "tightfisted" is false.

If you want to sit here and argue the philosophy how they build the roster fine that is debatable but when you spend 138 mil in actual cash you are not "cheap" as you claim.

eh...again forget what manning is paid and how that relates to denvers overall payroll b/c it has no bearing on the pats and kraft-we are talking about the way the pats do business not any other team-and denver had certain contracts in place and players to pay already when they decided to bring in peyton-brady was already in NE so it was not exactlya new or unexpected contract...completely different set of circumstances and not applicable

as for ur point about how the pats build their team, i agree-you call it one thing and i call it another and so do most people-conservative is the kind word for it

and again it works so great but calling it what it is and saying some of the reason it works has less to do with business sense and more to do with circumstances ie: stumbling on Brady and playing in a perrenially poor division-is just part of the equation and has to be taken into account

if the pats played in a different division/conference and/or didn't have a Tom Brady back there at QB it is debatable whether Kraft/BB would be able to apply the financial methods they have been-these have been my only points and will continue to be

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

hahaha ok dig u got me! 

I bring manning into it because he would "skew" Denver"s number like Brady "skews" NE number as you claim. Yet NE spent more than Denver did correct? So your brady skews the number arguement is nor even close to the truth. 

The reason you hear the terms "value", "fair market" is because the Pat's philosophy is not to have a top heavy team. They try and spread the dollars more liberally over the entire roster rather than having a top heavy team. The philoosphy, whether you agree or disagree is the way they build thier roster not what they spend.

If you want to sit here and argue the philosophy how they build the roster fine that is debatable but when you spend 138 mil in actual cash you are not "cheap" as you claim.

eh...again forget what manning is paid and how that relates to denvers overall payroll b/c it has no bearing on the pats and kraft-we are talking about the way the pats do business not any other team-and denver had certain contracts in place and players to pay already when they decided to bring in peyton-brady was already in NE so it was not exactlya new or unexpected contract...completely different set of circumstances and not applicable

as for ur point about how the pats build their team, i agree-you call it one thing and i call it another and so do most people-conservative is the kind word for it

and again it works so great but calling it what it is and saying some of the reason it works has less to do with business sense and more to do with circumstances ie: stumbling on Brady and playing in a perrenially poor division-is just part of the equation and has to be taken into account

if the pats played in a different division/conference and/or didn't have a Tom Brady back there at QB it is debatable whether Kraft/BB would be able to apply the financial methods they have been-these have been my only points and will continue to be

One last time they spent 138 mil in real cash last year on salaries. Please tell me how this is cheap?

BTW Brady's cash outlay was 7.145 mil out of the 138 mil they spent. So tell me how he skews the number? Your arguement is based purely on perception which is par for the course with you. The facts never seem to come into play when you debate someone.

you and i just aren't on the same track here, especially when it comes to why the pats have been able to do business the way they do: brady and the division, which has been my point all along and one you will not acknowledge-ever

i said 3x now "cheap" was an overstatement meant to get a reaction...should I say it 4x? The pats are tight and have wasted some of brady's prime years being so, especially when it comes to available talent, FA or otherwise,-their drive for "value" has cost them on both sides of the ball, mostly defensively-how do you not see this as even some of ur fellow pats fans here do? don't results and ur roster count as "facts"?

and why do you think Kraft made a point to come out and say the pats will spend to the cap this year and that the money won't go in the kraft family pockets? if I have a certain perception then it appears a lot of others must too if he feels the need to say this publically

please break down that 138 million for me so i can see not only that u can prove this figure but how and where it was spent last year...i am curious about a few things which i will be interested in seeing and may just help u see a few things (or not we will see how it breaks down)...and perhaps u can tell me where the pats rank in $$$ spent over the past decade or so each year (which is really the point isn't it?)

then we can see if ur facts stand up

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

hahaha ok dig u got me! 

One last time they spent 138 mil in real cash last year on salaries. Please tell me how this is cheap?

BTW Brady's cash outlay was 7.145 mil out of the 138 mil they spent. So tell me how he skews the number? Your arguement is based purely on perception which is par for the course with you. The facts never seem to come into play when you debate someone.

That's the troll's goal. Deflect, backpedal, and hope it works.

come on queenie-when it comes to you i dont need to deflect, backpedal or anything of the sort ur wrong so often and ur agendas so easy to spot

damn i wish i had the vast cultural experience and hard earned wisdom you 30 somethings have!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

i said 3x now "cheap" was an overstatement meant to get a reaction...should I say it 4x? The pats are tight and have wasted some of brady's prime years being so, especially when it comes to available talent, FA or otherwise,-their drive for "value" has cost them on both sides of the ball, mostly defensively-how do you not see this as even some of ur fellow pats fans here do? don't results and ur roster count as "facts"?

and why do you think Kraft made a point to come out and say the pats will spend to the cap this year and that the money won't go in the kraft family pockets? if I have a certain perception then it appears a lot of others must too if he feels the need to say this publically

please break down that 138 million for me so i can see not only that u can prove this figure but how and where it was spent last year...i am curious about a few things which i will be interested in seeing and may just help u see a few things (or not we will see how it breaks down)...and perhaps u can tell me where the pats rank in $$$ spent over the past decade or so each year (which is really the point isn't it?)

You have no business here.  Yes, your team won the Superbowl twice against the Patriots.  So, why do you hang out here?  Feel superior?  Is that it?  You think people here have to defend the money the Pats spend?  They don't.  That record speaks for itself, if you are too much of a turdmuncher to go LOOK then don't expect us to do your homework for you.  Better yet, WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?  Go play with the other Giant fans, whereever the heck they go.  We still have 3 recent Superbowl victories to your 2, and we put up a consistantly excellent team EVERY YEAR, which your team certainly has no claim of matching.  

Get lost, go hang out with Yankee fans or whatever makes your type happy when they aren't trolling.  Jerk.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

hahaha ok dig u got me! 

you and i just aren't on the same track here, especially when it comes to why the pats have been able to do business the way they do: brady and the division, which has been my point all along and one you will not acknowledge-ever

I sent you the link from ESPN on the cash spent by each team for last year.

Of the 138 mil of cash outlay Brady was Paid 950k in base salary, 6.8 mil in bonus money and he was paid 250k in work out bonus. That was 3rd on the Pat's behind mayo who was paid out over 10 mil & Welker who was paid out 9.5 mil. For the detailed info you can go to any site that lists the salry cap numbers. nyjetscap.com has a detailed list of how the dollars were paid out.

At least I come to the table with facts what have you supplied besides your biased perception?!

As far as spending to the cap this year each team has to spend at least up 89% of the 123 mil this year so most teams will be spending up to the cap or close to it. So all Kraft was doing was reaffirming what every tteam will be doing pretty much this year.

no i disagree-the afc east has been a cakewalk for a decade and brady is the main reason your team is competitive every year-those are facts my friend, and the most important two as per pats successful run

seciond i will check out those links and a few others and get back to you re: salary rank/average past decade and spending to cap etc...

ur third paragraph above it is true and yet ambiguous...89% each team? great...so?

i will get back to you asap-later  :  )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

You have no business here.  Yes, your team won the Superbowl twice against the Patriots.  So, why do you hang out here?  Feel superior?  Is that it?  You think people here have to defend the money the Pats spend?  They don't.  That record speaks for itself, if you are too much of a turdmuncher to go LOOK then don't expect us to do your homework for you.  Better yet, WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE?  Go play with the other Giant fans, whereever the heck they go.  We still have 3 recent Superbowl victories to your 2, and we put up a consistantly excellent team EVERY YEAR, which your team certainly has no claim of matching.  

Get lost, go hang out with Yankee fans or whatever makes your type happy when they aren't trolling.  Jerk.

aw dave but i like you! really i think ur a great guy