Red Zone Performance

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Red Zone Performance

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I have taken all that into context. I have said the D has looked good. Gregory looks better. I am happy with Arrington. I dont want to seem like Im saying they arent better, but the true test will be vs a better offense with a veteran QB. Manual did look calm cool and collective but Geno did was well. Just that the Jets have no weapons. I like em both Wozzy but seriously we saw one in their 1st game and the other in their 2nd. Lets judge this defense later on and say for now, they have gelled over the offseason and look to be a better unit in 2013

[/QUOTE]

I might ask why can't we can't we take such a tempered response to our rookie WR's playing in their first games as we do opposing rookie QB's?  

Also this defense will get better, I have a hard time seeing us win on the road in Atlanta next week but if the team looks more well rounded this week vs the Bucs than there's a chance we're improving faster than expected.  

There will be some losses upcoming, prepare for it, but it won't mean the end of our season.  Without some resistance this team won't become tougher, but if they grow and learn from these challenges then by season's end than I'll stick to the premise of the thread I started that we'll have a lead leading defense by season's end health provided.

[/QUOTE]

I was never one who got on the rookies for struggling so that we agree on. I dont think you should be judging ANY rookies in their 1st games in terms of what they will be.

I have also looked to the ATL game for a more accurate measure of our team. One because its a pocker passer so we get to see if this team will blitz more. (last 2 weeks vs running Qbs, I didnt expect pressure). So it will be interested to see if they try to rattle Ryan or sit back and play coverage or both. They have talent all 3 levels of offense so great test for us. Im not saying they cant win though. Depends on how our offense comes along. Atl game will be 1st with Gronk back also but I feel he should be more of a decoy early on which is good for the rooks.

One positive I can say for sure is that our defense hasnt shown this type of chemistry early on in quite some time. I attribute that to the returning starters which I had previously underated the impact. It seems just the fact they played last year has gotten them off to a good start. I am not adversed to losing either. Losses builds character , thats why I hated that 16-0 team. It was a perfect storm for the Gmen. I wish we lost to Bmore in reg.season....BUT, thats old news.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I might ask why can't we can't we take such a tempered response to our rookie WR's playing in their first games as we do opposing rookie QB's?  

Also this defense will get better, I have a hard time seeing us win on the road in Atlanta next week but if the team looks more well rounded this week vs the Bucs than there's a chance we're improving faster than expected.  

There will be some losses upcoming, prepare for it, but it won't mean the end of our season.  Without some resistance this team won't become tougher, but if they grow and learn from these challenges then by season's end than I'll stick to the premise of the thread I started that we'll have a lead leading defense by season's end health provided.

i think most are. the team will get better overall. They need reps and time.  They gotta take advantage before Gronk, DA, Vereen come back. The team down the road (hopefully) will be better off for it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I was never one who got on the rookies for struggling so that we agree on. I dont think you should be judging ANY rookies in their 1st games in terms of what they will be.

I have also looked to the ATL game for a more accurate measure of our team. One because its a pocker passer so we get to see if this team will blitz more. (last 2 weeks vs running Qbs, I didnt expect pressure). So it will be interested to see if they try to rattle Ryan or sit back and play coverage or both. They have talent all 3 levels of offense so great test for us. Im not saying they cant win though. Depends on how our offense comes along. Atl game will be 1st with Gronk back also but I feel he should be more of a decoy early on which is good for the rooks.

One positive I can say for sure is that our defense hasnt shown this type of chemistry early on in quite some time. I attribute that to the returning starters which I had previously underated the impact. It seems just the fact they played last year has gotten them off to a good start. I am not adversed to losing either. Losses builds character , thats why I hated that 16-0 team. It was a perfect storm for the Gmen. I wish we lost to Bmore in reg.season....BUT, thats old news.

let's hope the dolphins lose to Atlanta this week.  week 4 will be first test.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The weapons around Brady right now are terrible.  That's a fact.  The question, though, is whether they'll be terrible a few weeks from now.  We've got injured guys coming back (we hope) and we've got rookies who have some good physical skills who we hope will learn the game quickly.  BB's approach was risky leaving so much to untested rookies and to players with injury histories, but if it pays off, this group of receivers and backs really could be the best and (by far) the most diverse we've had since 2007 or 2008.

I remain optimistic, though I also think the pessimists have some legitimate concerns.  It's a high risk approach, but if it works, it could pay big dividends.  If it doesn't work, there will, of course, be more questions about whether BB is trying to get lucky with "value" players too often.  That's the never ending debate, isn't it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Sorry but I have to call the rookies out, catching is a basic of the position. Last year we had little separation, this year the receivers are wide open and drop the ball.  They have to get better, right now. If they have to use the jugs machine till their fingers blister, then do it. 

I agree the D has played well so far. It's nice to see the push into the pocket for a change. If we don't find help for big Vince he's going to break. If the D can last they could realistically be the difference in winning a few games. We have won 2 close games so far. Those are the ones that count come playoff time 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Sorry but I have to call the rookies out, catching is a basic of the position. Last year we had little separation, this year the receivers are wide open and drop the ball.  They have to get better, right now. If they have to use the jugs machine till their fingers blister, then do it. 

I agree the D has played well so far. It's nice to see the push into the pocket for a change. If we don't find help for big Vince he's going to break. If the D can last they could realistically be the difference in winning a few games. We have won 2 close games so far. Those are the ones that count come playoff time 

Historically, how  productive are NFL rookie WRs in the past? Is it realistic to expect a significant contribution during their rookie year?  Right now, the Patriots don't have a choice but to get their reps in.