Redskins Are Insane!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Redskins Are Insane!

It was obvious to anybody with a pulse that RG III was playing hurt, on a bum knee. When  he re-aggrevated the injury, after staking his 'Skins to a 14-0 lead, he should have been pulled. These were thoughts going through my mind, as I watched today's game. I understand that this is the play-offs...but Griffin is "The Franchise". The 'Skins mortgaged several #1 picks to get this guy. He's shown that he's the real deal. Why did they choose to risk him?

Now...he's been carried off.

On top of this, there was that controversy about whether he had been cleared to play. Mike Shanahan says yes...but his doctor emphatically said,  no! You be the judge.       

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Redskins Are Insane!

I think the way they have been using him all season is criminal, they are going to end his career before it even gets started. I don't mind so much keeping him in during a playoff game when he's hurt, but I do question the way they have used him to get like that. This guy can throw the ball, his career will be over in three years at this rate. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sure seems like Shanahan putting his own legacy ahead of the team or the players health.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure seem like Shanahan putting his own legacy ahead of the team or the players health.

[/QUOTE]

Here's what Dr. Andrews had to say about RGF III's bum knee:
    Excerpt: "Dr. James Andrews, the well known orthopedic surgeon is worried about the knee of Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III ever since he injured it on December 9th against the Ravens, Robert Klemko of USA Today reports.

"I'm the one that shut him down that day, finally," Andrews said. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it.

"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."

There appears to be a difference of opinion on the way the Redskins handled the injury. Shanahan said he let Griffin return with the blessing of James Andrews, the renowned orthopedic surgeon, who was on the sideline.

Andrews, however, said on Saturday that he never cleared Griffin to go back into the game, because he never even examined him.

"He didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players, and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion.

"We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

This is not just stupid on the part of the Redskins, it borders on being almost criminal. Let's hope that the 'Skins haven't ruined this kid's career. Roger Goodell should look into this...if he really cares about player safety. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

We can probably assign blame to RG III too.  He was probably wanting to play and had a coach willing to risk it.  Nonetheless, you would think with all of the talk about player safety, a coach would be the adult in the room and not allow it.  Some players are willing to play through pain if allowed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure seem like Shanahan putting his own legacy ahead of the team or the players health.

[/QUOTE]

Here's what Dr. Andrews had to say about RGF III's bum knee:
    Excerpt: "Dr. James Andrews, the well known orthopedic surgeon is worried about the knee of Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III ever since he injured it on December 9th against the Ravens, Robert Klemko of USA Today reports.

"I'm the one that shut him down that day, finally," Andrews said. "I've been a nervous wreck letting him come back as quick as he has. He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it.

"He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."

There appears to be a difference of opinion on the way the Redskins handled the injury. Shanahan said he let Griffin return with the blessing of James Andrews, the renowned orthopedic surgeon, who was on the sideline.

Andrews, however, said on Saturday that he never cleared Griffin to go back into the game, because he never even examined him.

"He didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players, and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion.

"We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

This is not just stupid on the part of the Redskins, it borders on being almost criminal. Let's hope that the 'Skins haven't ruined this kid's career. Roger Goodell should look into this...if he really cares about player safety. 

[/QUOTE]

Dr. Andrews can kiss his job goodbye, there's no way an NFL team will take well to hearing comments like that coming from a team physician/surgeon. Andrews works for the skins? I thought he was a surgeon that is famous for operating on all players knees? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Brutal to keep RGIII in the game. And yes it's all on Shannanon. Of coure RGIII is going to say he's okay to play hurt.  Stupid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It will be interesting to hear of RGIII now needing offseason surgery on the knee because he came back to soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

terrible to keep the guy in there, he was ineffective he rest of the game. Shanahan is a complete Dmbass

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

terrible to keep the guy in there, he was ineffective he rest of the game. Shanahan is a complete Dmbass

[/QUOTE]

They were also stupid in the game where he originally injured his knee.  They let him go back in until he could barely walk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Dr. James Andrews is an idiot too. His job is not to do what's best for the Redskins, it's supposed to be what's best for RGIII.

If he was so worried about RGIII's knee, he should not have let him take the field,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I said in a prior thread that he's the next Randall Cunningham, four or five years of brilliance followed by a steep decline, a brief revival and retirement.  Name a QB that plays like him that had a long career. He runs too much and takes way too many hits, you can't do that and survive in the NFL. He's not a big guy like a Cam Newton, and Newton rarely gets hit like this guy does routinely. 

Steve Young might be the closest thing to RG, and desoite the fact that he had a long career, he only had about five full years as starter after Montana before injuries curtailed his career.  He was not the same player the last few years. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dr. James Andrews is an idiot too. His job is not to do what's best for the Redskins, it's supposed to be what's best for RGIII.

If he was so worried about RGIII's knee, he should not have let him take the field,

[/QUOTE]

Andrews doesn't have that type of authority. For years, players have defied doctor's orders to take the field with their brothers. It's up to the team and/or the head coach to make that call.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Shameful, in my opinion.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I said in a prior thread that he's the next Randall Cunningham, four or five years of brilliance followed by a steep decline, a brief revival and retirement.  Name a QB that plays like him that had a long career. He runs too much and takes way too many hits, you can't do that and survive in the NFL. He's not a big guy like a Cam Newton, and Newton rarely gets hit like this guy does routinely. 

Steve Young might be the closest thing to RG, and desoite the fact that he had a long career, he only had about five full years as starter before injuries curtailed his career.  He was not the same player the last few years. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree.   And of course given that RG3 was clearly injured will have people questioning the schemes all the more.

My question is, how much of a difference is there between the way RG3 is used (when healthy) and the way Seattle uses Wilson?  Wilson has been sacked slightly more than RG3 and runs for about the same number of carries per game.  What's his longevity likely to be?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Steve Young might be the closest thing to RG, and desoite the fact that he had a long career, he only had about five full years as starter before injuries curtailed his career.  He was not the same player the last few years. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree.   And of course given that RG3 was clearly injured will have people questioning the schemes all the more.

My question is, how much of a difference is there between the way RG3 is used (when healthy) and the way Seattle uses Wilson?  Wilson has been sacked slightly more than RG3 and runs for about the same number of carries per game.  What's his longevity likely to be?

[/QUOTE]

Good question. He seems to avoid the type of collisions that RGIII seems to invite. Might be a matter of style or elusiveness or just better survival instincts.  At least most of his plays start from the pocket, whereas RGIII is running that option thing most of the time. They have to make him a pocket player or he surely will be gone quick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

RGIII should have been pulled when they were leading by 14... it would have given the redskins the best chance to win... he did not really do anything the rest of the game and it could damage his leg so much that it negatively effects his career. Stupid move by Shanahan... not only for the player (the most important) but for his team. If I were Snyder I would consider firing Shanahan for risking my franchise quarterback like that......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to nyjoseph's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good question. He seems to avoid the type of collisions that RGIII seems to invite. Might be a matter of style or elusiveness or just better survival instincts.  At least most of his plays start from the pocket, whereas RGIII is running that option thing most of the time. They have to make him a pocket player or he surely will be gone quick.

[/QUOTE]

Wilson is 5'11", on a good day. RG III is 6'2". Wilson's lack of size may have got him used to avoiding contact in college and in high school...while Griffin played with more reckless abandon. Yet...there was Wilson downfield, seen throwing a block for his RB. His day is coming, if he keeps that up.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

It also looked like RGIII was trying to get off the field ASAP by scoring quick after Hawks scored. Instead of Using Morris as Wilson used Robinson, RG just threw it up long a few times and ended up being picked and fumbled once, you could see he lacked movement on his fumble. That's what happens when an injury dilutes your focus.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Sure seems like Shanahan putting his own legacy ahead of the team or the players health."

yup. Can't wrap my head around his wacky moves. 

If RG3 is seriously hurt, for example out for an entire season next year, I could see Shanahan being fired over this. He better hope it's not a bad injury...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I live just outside DC, and I was watching the game at a sports bar with all the Redskins fans. No one was complaining about RG3 playing until the 3rd quarter or so. Some fans did start pulling for Kirk Cousins around the 3rd quarter when RG3 couldn't get the offense going, but most felt Griffin could play.

I will say that a lot of fans groaned when they saw Griffin's injury on that fumble. That's a tough way to lose a playoff game. I'm sure most Skins fans would've pulled RG3 in retrospect (if they knew that he'd get injured and that the Skins would lose), but in that moment, when they were down 7 points, most fans were ready for Griffin to lead the team down the field and get the touchdown.

Point is, it's easy to criticize someone else's decisions when it's not your playoff hopes on the line. You gotta know, this was the first Redskins home playoff game since 1999, so this was like the Super Bowl to the DC area. Even most Redskins fans, who are all-in on the RG3 as franchise QB thing, were happy to let him play and risk his well-being.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

knee jerk.. this was RG3's decision. he made a fuss about missing even one game, then passed all the tests (just as the doc says) and demanded to play. this was weeks ago!RG3 put in a seasons work to get to the playoffs and as the worrior he is he want's to be out there with his team. was shanahan really supposed to risk his relationship with the franchise QB and sit him in a playoff game against his will and after having passed all tests? ha! yeah right! 

Shanahan has been a blessing to that organization.

[/QUOTE]

What does it matter what he says? Does anyone really expect a leader and competitor such as he to tell his coach that he isn't ready? It was obvious that the guy was no where near 100%. He should have been yanked for his own good, and the good of the franchise, after the 'Skins had amassed that early 14-0 lead. Shanahan may have ruined his career by leaving him out there.   

25. This post has been removed.