Redskins Are Insane!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Redskins Are Insane!

In response to kevin13130's comment:

I live just outside DC, and I was watching the game at a sports bar with all the Redskins fans. No one was complaining about RG3 playing until the 3rd quarter or so. Some fans did start pulling for Kirk Cousins around the 3rd quarter when RG3 couldn't get the offense going, but most felt Griffin could play.

RESPONSE: They want to see the 'Skins win. They are starved for playoff success. But, any objective person watching that game could see that RG III was no where near 100%. Did the Redskins win with RG III at 50%? Wouldn't they have had a better shot at winning going with a healthy Cousins, after gaining a 14-0 lead?  

I will say that a lot of fans groaned when they saw Griffin's injury on that fumble. That's a tough way to lose a playoff game. I'm sure most Skins fans would've pulled RG3 in retrospect (if they knew that he'd get injured and that the Skins would lose), but in that moment, when they were down 7 points, most fans were ready for Griffin to lead the team down the field and get the touchdown.

RESPONSE: That's why they're fans, and not running the team. RG III is "The Franchise". He cost the 'Skins three #1 picks, plus. He turned the team into a division winner in one season. Why risk his career?

Point is, it's easy to criticize someone else's decisions when it's not your playoff hopes on the line. You gotta know, this was the first Redskins home playoff game since 1999, so this was like the Super Bowl to the DC area. Even most Redskins fans, who are all-in on the RG3 as franchise QB thing, were happy to let him play and risk his well-being.

RESPONSE: Then, with all due respect, they're idiots. Again, that's why they're fans, and are not in charge of running the team. Sorry, but having seen him hobble around attempting to play, it shouldn't have been that difficult a decision.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

What else I didnt understand was RGlll was obviously limited but at the beginning of the game they called several run plays for him? Didn's seem very smart.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

You could see from the get go he wasn't right.

What's the history of running QB's in the NFL.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

RGIII is not Vick, he has the talent to be a pocket passer.  He should be using his athleticism to create something on broken plays not to be a RB or his career will be over in 5 years. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

RGIII is not Vick, he has the talent to be a pocket passer.  He should be using his athleticism to create something on broken plays not to be a RB or his career will be over in 5 years. 

Ditto. If your QB needs to be a RB in order for your offense to function all, then it's a bad QB and an ill planned offense. This is why NFL teas routinely force running QBs to learn pro-style offenses, and why the option simply doesn't exist in the NFL.

Also, this is what I've been saying about RGIII all season. Let's see what happens when he is forced to be a pocket passer ... mediocrity. We saw that today. As soon as the Seahawks saw his run wasn't a threat they started blitzing off the edge ... and he was useless trying to read/react to the blitz with just his brain and arm. 

I respect what he did with his legs, but once the NFL catches up to the R/O offense his numbers will decline. He has amazing tlent but he *needs* to learn to be an NFL QB NOT a Read Option QB or he is going to have a very short career, and the Skins will always be a play away from being a bad team again....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

I live just outside DC, and I was watching the game at a sports bar with all the Redskins fans. No one was complaining about RG3 playing until the 3rd quarter or so. Some fans did start pulling for Kirk Cousins around the 3rd quarter when RG3 couldn't get the offense going, but most felt Griffin could play.

RESPONSE: They want to see the 'Skins win. They are starved for playoff success. But, any objective person watching that game could see that RG III was no where near 100%. Did the Redskins win with RG III at 50%? Wouldn't they have had a better shot at winning going with a healthy Cousins, after gaining a 14-0 lead?  

I will say that a lot of fans groaned when they saw Griffin's injury on that fumble. That's a tough way to lose a playoff game. I'm sure most Skins fans would've pulled RG3 in retrospect (if they knew that he'd get injured and that the Skins would lose), but in that moment, when they were down 7 points, most fans were ready for Griffin to lead the team down the field and get the touchdown.

RESPONSE: That's why they're fans, and not running the team. RG III is "The Franchise". He cost the 'Skins three #1 picks, plus. He turned the team into a division winner in one season. Why risk his career?

Point is, it's easy to criticize someone else's decisions when it's not your playoff hopes on the line. You gotta know, this was the first Redskins home playoff game since 1999, so this was like the Super Bowl to the DC area. Even most Redskins fans, who are all-in on the RG3 as franchise QB thing, were happy to let him play and risk his well-being.

RESPONSE: Then, with all due respect, they're idiots. Again, that's why they're fans, and are not in charge of running the team. Sorry, but having seen him hobble around attempting to play, it shouldn't have been that difficult a decision.  

reactionary much...?  This is football.  It ain't for sissies.  Rg3 was fine until was running head first into collisions .  He has to learn to protect himself.  Even the play against Baltimore where he got hurt.  he made a dumb move getting into awkward position.  Stop it...

his pcl got tweaked.   he could run, he could throw, he just needed to avoid awkward punishing movements.
    like chasing a bad snap.  his career ain't over , so stop the hysterical whining.  He'll have the off season to rehab 100%...

It also would have helped if receivers could catch better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Since the game all I see on TV are the analysts yucking it up and complimenting Wilson on his downfield blocking for at least 2-3 plays.   The focus of this thread I know is on RG3 but I really don't see much difference in how Wilson is being used in Seattle. 

To me he is equally likely to get injured and that's too bad.  He sounds like a really nice kid.  Stats show he holds on to the ball longer than just about any QB in the NFL so he is more likely to get sacked.  He is running just about the same amount as RG3 while getting sacked more often.  And this downfield blocking has got to stop.  This cr@p about it shows his leadership ... so guys who don't do it (Brady, for example) aren't leaders? 

As soon as the inevitable injury occurs to Wilson the analysts will switch to "I told you so".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Waddya think Gronk fire them? .... nah, RG will be OK after 7-8 months and  good to go ...just like me .....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

reactionary much...?  This is football.  It ain't for sissies.  Rg3 was fine until was running head first into collisions .  He has to learn to protect himself.  Even the play against Baltimore where he got hurt.  he made a dumb move getting into awkward position.  Stop it...

his pcl got tweaked.   he could run, he could throw, he just needed to avoid awkward punishing movements.
    like chasing a bad snap.  his career ain't over , so stop the hysterical whining.  He'll have the off season to rehab 100%...

Both you and all the talking heads this morning are missing the point. It's got nothing to do with whether RG III gave the 'Skins the best chance to win, or that he "earned the right to be out there"...that comment is especially idiotic. It's about protecting The Franchise. It's about protecting the kid from himself. It's about making sure that his previously injured right knee wasn't seriously damaged. A blind man could see on the play just prior to him throwing a TD pass, that but the 'Skins up, 14-0, that his knee was ready to buckle. Shanahan should have sat him down at that point. I'm not saying this in hind-sight. I was saying this while I watched the game, It was obvious to me that his knee was ready to go. His MRI is today. If RG III needs to undergo reconstructive knee surgery again, he'll never be the same player:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/redskins-brace-for-bad-news-on-griffin/  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Jets' comment:

Listen to the interviews =RG was asked if he was in pain. He said yes but he wasn't injured. You take the players word and get him on the field. That's it!

Hey did you see the photo on the Sports page?There's a Bruins fan buying more Bruins gear while wearing everything Bruins. Only in NE folks ...only in NE!?

Thanks for the laugh BDC!

Hey Leon!! Are you excited for Sunday's game?! 

You forgot to send me your address so I can send you the Patriots AFC East Champs t-shirt!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Jets's comment:

Listen to the interviews =RG was asked if he was in pain. He said yes but he wasn't injured. You take the players word and get him on the field. That's it!

RESPONSE: No...that's not it! What competitive player in a similar situation is going to ask to be taken out? A blind man could see that RG III's knee was ready to buckle. With the score 14-0, he should have been pulled. An experienced coach should have known better.

Hey did you see the photo on the Sports page?There's a Bruins fan buying more Bruins gear while wearing everything Bruins. Only in NE folks ...only in NE!?

RESPONSE: And your point is?? Boston has always been a big-time hockey town...with rapid Bruin fans. The Bruins are really good, right now. Why should this surprise you? Congratulations on the Rangers' choke last year, against the L.A. Kings...LOL!!!     

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Texas Pat- Slow down Big Fella!-Hey your response is one of a fatherly response.

RESPONSE: Not at all! The Redskins have sucked for years, primarily because they couldn't find a QB. So now, they mortgage their future to get RG III...who appears to be the real deal. Then, they risk him, as they did yesterday? That's a bad business decision.

In the NFL or in College,everybody plays with pain.Yeah the kid was hurting but he was still productive. What are you so upset about anyway? When he fumbled that snap I lost my bet!

RESPONSE: RG III is a nice kid, and is fun to watch. I hate to see his career ruined due to macho, youthful exubberance, and a short-sighted coach. A blind man could see that his knee was ready to go by the first quarter of yesterday's game.   

As far as the gear goes. Well you NE fans or fans of boston teams just take the gear weraing to another level. Along with those tacky team logo stickers of every boston team on every vehicle that you own.

RESPONSE: You silly, arrogant New Yorkers! You're so used to being around morons and jerks, that you believe that's the norm for people! Want to see what an idiot fan looks like? Check out Fireman Ed...LOL!!

That kid had to wearing a copule of hundred dollars worth of gear and was buying more??

RESPONSE: Rich people spend on their passions. What's the big deal?

When is enough gear enough gear?Did the Rangers choke last year?Is hockey a sport?

RESPONSE: In Boston, hockey is big time. You New Yorkers tend to be front-runners.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

There are risks every time a player takes the field. They know it the coaches know and most of the fans seem to get it. Some don't.

Big deal the kid was limping around a little bit but he was still productive. My suggestion to you-Get off your soap box!

Arrogant New Yorkers-Why sir -I don't respond to personal attacks!

That kid on the front page of the Sports doesn't look like a rich kid to me. he looks like a guy that hasn't paid his child support in 3 months but he can buy a 200$$ jersey? Once again- When is enough gear enough gear?

In boston hockey is big?-Good for boston

NOTICE- I DIDN"T REPOST THE ORIGINAL POST TO REPLY!!LEARN FROM LEON!

Sorry...but, like it or not, New Yorkers have that reputation. If you take that as a personal attack, so be it. 

As for the RG III deal, compare and contrast Shanahan's fool-hearty decision to risk his franchise player, with the decision that the Washington Nationals baseball team made on star pitcher Stephen Strasburg. Who made the better business decision?:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2013/01/06/stephen-strasburg-and-robert-griffin-iii-the-inevitable-and-cloying-comparison/

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'll admit to agreeing that how the Redskins' "brain trust" has handled Griffin's injury serves neither them nor him. The franchise mortgaged its future for this kid and is feeding him to the wolves with alarming disconcern. As for Griffin himself . . .   well . . .  athletes are almost always going to say that they're good to go . . .  unless they're Christian Ponder, who nobody even knew was hurt and is now taking shots from people who call themselves "old school" because he didn't "man up." It's apparent to me that athletes -- in this day and age -- are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Both you and all the talking heads this morning are missing the point. It's got nothing to do with whether RG III gave the 'Skins the best chance to win, or that he "earned the right to be out there"...that comment is especially idiotic. It's about protecting The Franchise. It's about protecting the kid from himself. It's about making sure that his previously injured right knee wasn't seriously damaged. A blind man could see on the play just prior to him throwing a TD pass, that but the 'Skins up, 14-0, that his knee was ready to buckle. Shanahan should have sat him down at that point. I'm not saying this in hind-sight. I was saying this while I watched the game, It was obvious to me that his knee was ready to go. His MRI is today. If RG III needs to undergo reconstructive knee surgery again, he'll never be the same player:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/redskins-brace-for-bad-news-on-griffin/  

" If RG III needs to undergo reconstructive knee surgery again, he'll never be the same player: "

What's the link...? someone worrying their little head about a knee injury...,? 

2 words...   Adrian Peterson.  2 more...  Wes Welker. 3 more...  He's  a QB.

You're hysterical...  Get over yourself.  He's young, he'll heal.  He has the best doctors.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Hey Texas Pat- Your NE Napolean Complex towards everything New York is showing for all to see.

RESPONSE: What's showing, Leon, is that, apparently, I struck a nerve. Imagine, a New Yorker with an inferiority complex...LOL!!!

Different sport-Not a fair comparison. Football players play with pain NOT an injury- He didn't play any more after the injury.

RESPONSE: How is it different? Curt Shilling didn't pitch in pain when he closed out your Yankees in 2004? Sandy Koufax didn't pitch in pain for years with the Dodgers, before he had to call it quits at a relatively young age? The comparison is dead on. The Nationals made a business decision to protect their asset, rather than use him in the play-offs, and risk ruining his arm. The Redskins made a different decision, which may have ruined RG III's knee...thereby taking away perhaps his greatest asset...his extraordinary mobility.

I guess that we just agree to disagree.

RESPONSE: It would seem so. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

" If RG III needs to undergo reconstructive knee surgery again, he'll never be the same player: "

What's the link...? someone worrying their little head about a knee injury...,? 

RESPONSE": Where's the link?? Are you blind?? See above.

2 words...   Adrian Peterson.  2 more...  Wes Welker. 3 more...  He's  a QB.

RESPONSE: He has already had surgery on the same knee. If the injury is as serious as it appears, requiring reconstructive knee surgery, it's likely his mobility will be affected.

You're hysterical...  Get over yourself.  He's young, he'll heal.  He has the best doctors.

RESPONSE: Are you a doctor? How do you know? Even if RG III fully recovers, the Redskins were still foolish to risk his career.

Sections
Shortcuts