Redskins Are Insane!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: Redskins Are Insane!

In response to Jets's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All of the suden everybody in here is a bleeding heart!? Football players play in the playoffs with pain. That's the bottom line!

Take a shot and get on the field. This isn't pee wee football!

[/QUOTE]

First off this is such a stupid argument.  The point is to WIN the game.  They couldn't do anything with him in there playing like that.  They have a decent backup so you go to him.   Easily the dumbest decision in a looooooooooooooong time to leave RG3 in there.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Agreed Tex........Shanahan is a pretty smart guy but I think he screwed up on that decision. I'm sure he'll have surgery done and be ready for next year but what will that do to him in 2023? Did Shan really think he'd take them throughout the playoffs?

He bent that knee over so much he hyper-extended the brace so it can't be used anymore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Nobody in here ever strikes a nerve with me. This Leons Playhouse so try to remember who you are talking to.

RESPONSE: I'll try to remember. Sorry...LOL!!

Curt Schilling-LOL- You guys want to put into the HOF because he played with a little blood on his sock-(The jury is still out wether that was his blood or not)We can discuss him in the baseball if you would like.

Big DEAL Schilling played with a few stiches in his ankle! I still laugh about that one. BIG DEAL his stiches were bleeding BUT he played through it. You guys act like he was some kind of Super star hero for playing with a little blood . Again ...laughable!

RESPONSE: I don't think Yankee fans laugh, when they think of Curt, and his bloody sock...LOL!!

RG3 will have the best Doc's and rehab available.Football players play with pain.He'll be back!

RESPONSE: Yes...eventually, he'll be back. But will he ever be the same player he once was?

[/QUOTE]

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

The bloody sock - That was the year that after the WS all of the guys on the sox tested positive for SPEDS- yeah I vaguely remeber that.These were blood tests not speculation from fans...yes it rings a bell.

RESPONSE: Excuses?? Still?? LOL!!!!

RG# will be fine. If not bring in another guy.It's pretty simple.

RESPONSE: If he's not fine, who do you want them to turn to? John Beck and Rex Grossman?? What about all those high draft picks they invested?? No big deal, either? LOL!!

To all the newcomers in here. Welcome to Leons Playhouse!

RESPONSE: Leon, it's time to seek help...LOL!!  

[/QUOTE]

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Excuses...for a team that I don't play for ..never. I just stated facts about how many of the sox players tested positive for PEDS.That's not an excuse it's just factual information.

RESPONSE: Sounds like an excuse to me. How do you know this? Did you ask A-Roid?? LOL!!!

Here's another fact.The pats and the sox both got caught cheating.The sox are now the Jets of MLB over the last two years and the pats will not,can not win a SB because of the cheating scandal that you all try to brush under the rug.

RESPONSE: Oh, here we go...the tired ol' spygate refrain...LOL!!!

Y'all remeber Spygate and the Curse of Spygate don't you?

RESPONSE: I remember the Pats playing in two SBs since then. How many have the Jets played in? What? One...in 1968?? LOL!!!  

Gnaw on that while I go get something to eat. Try not to miss me too much!

RESPONSE: Very weak comeback, Leon...here in "your playhouse". LOL!!  

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Here's a fabulous article on the idiot Redskins and the RG III knee fiasco. It also covers the playoff teams: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8820196/bill-barnwell-weekend-wild-card-games

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ahhh tony dungy just ripped these little non athletic weasels who think they know what they're talking about blaming shanahan.. 

[/QUOTE]

Tony Dungy agreed with what Shanahan did? It figures. Now I know I'm right! I suggest you read that article I cited, above. It's dead on: http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8820196/bill-barnwell-weekend-wild-card-games 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

knee jerk.. this was RG3's decision. he made a fuss about missing even one game, then passed all the tests (just as the doc says) and demanded to play. this was weeks ago!RG3 put in a seasons work to get to the playoffs and as the worrior he is he want's to be out there with his team. was shanahan really supposed to risk his relationship with the franchise QB and sit him in a playoff game against his will and after having passed all tests? ha! yeah right! 

Shanahan has been a blessing to that organization.

[/QUOTE]

What does it matter what he says? Does anyone really expect a leader and competitor such as he to tell his coach that he isn't ready? It was obvious that the guy was no where near 100%. He should have been yanked for his own good, and the good of the franchise, after the 'Skins had amassed that early 14-0 lead. Shanahan may have ruined his career by leaving him out there.   

[/QUOTE]

It agree with ricky on this one. It is the playoffs. The team will suck it up and play whoever they think gives them a better chance of winning. If they thought that RG3 at less than 100% gives them a better chance (even with risk of aggravating an injury) than with cousins, then they should have gone with RG3.

There is nothing wrong with playing RG3 if RG3 wanted to play. He's a smart kid. That is actually the raason why everyone thinks he has a great future in teh NFL. He knew the risks. 

The only debate is whether they indeed had a better chance of winning with RG3 than with Cousins. In retrospect, it's easy to see tha playing RG3 did not work. Without hindsight it's a tougher decision. 

In some ways that decision was similar to...

1) Letting Schilling play on a bad ankle

2) The decision to let the starter continue or replace with a reliever (a never ending debate on the Red Sox Forum) - the most famous of which was Little's decision to leave pedro in. 

3) The decision to fully integrate an injured Gronk into the planning for a SB game.

There will always be people who believe you believe your best horse in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

knee jerk.. this was RG3's decision. he made a fuss about missing even one game, then passed all the tests (just as the doc says) and demanded to play. this was weeks ago!RG3 put in a seasons work to get to the playoffs and as the worrior he is he want's to be out there with his team. was shanahan really supposed to risk his relationship with the franchise QB and sit him in a playoff game against his will and after having passed all tests? ha! yeah right! 

Shanahan has been a blessing to that organization.

[/QUOTE]

What does it matter what he says? Does anyone really expect a leader and competitor such as he to tell his coach that he isn't ready? It was obvious that the guy was no where near 100%. He should have been yanked for his own good, and the good of the franchise, after the 'Skins had amassed that early 14-0 lead. Shanahan may have ruined his career by leaving him out there.   

[/QUOTE]

It agree with ricky on this one. It is the playoffs. The team will suck it up and play whoever they think gives them a better chance of winning. If they thought that RG3 at less than 100% gives them a better chance (even with risk of aggravating an injury) than with cousins, then they should have gone with RG3.

RESPONSE: And expose the franchises' most valuable asset to risk? Surely you jest.

There is nothing wrong with playing RG3 if RG3 wanted to play. He's a smart kid. That is actually the raason why everyone thinks he has a great future in teh NFL. He knew the risks. 

RESPONSE: Yeah...so let him go ruin his career. The operative word in your paragraph above is "kid".

The only debate is whether they indeed had a better chance of winning with RG3 than with Cousins. In retrospect, it's easy to see tha playing RG3 did not work. Without hindsight it's a tougher decision. 

RESPONSE: Again...like the talking heads, you're missing the point. A blind man could see that RG III was struggling. Why risk his career? Will he be the same player if he's unable to run as he once did? MRI today will tell.  

In some ways that decision was similar to...

1) Letting Schilling play on a bad ankle

RESPONSE: Not similar at all. Shilling was 37 or 38 years old...as was told by doctors that pitching with his condition wouldn't ruin his ankle any further.

2) The decision to let the starter continue or replace with a reliever (a never ending debate on the Red Sox Forum) - the most famous of which was Little's decision to leave pedro in.

RESPONSE: Again, missing the point! The kid's career was placed in jeopardy. 

3) The decision to fully integrate an injured Gronk into the planning for a SB game.

RESPONSE: No. Gronk had a high ankle sprain...not sprained knee ligaments, on an already once surgically repaired knee.

There will always be people who believe you believe your best horse in.

RESPONSE: I recommend to you the following article": http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8820196/bill-barnwell-weekend-wild-card-games

[/QUOTE]

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I feel awful about what happened in that game. Once he tweaked that knee on the touchdown drive, I was just holding my breath hoping he'd get out of that game no worse off. Then when he lunged to get that fumble and just laid motionless on the ground while the ball rolled away - that scene was just terrible. I thought I could hear his screams in the broadcast. The Globe has a photo in the sports section of him on that play with his knee bent sideways; its tough to look at. The decision to leave him in may have cost him his career; although after seeing what AP did this year, maybe there is hope.

I think Shanahan is a great football coach, but man, I really, REALLY wish he had pulled Griffin out of the game after the 1st half. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BelichickDisciple's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I feel awful about what happened in that game. Once he tweaked that knee on the touchdown drive, I was just holding my breath hoping he'd get out of that game no worse off. Then when he lunged to get that fumble and just laid motionless on the ground while the ball rolled away - that scene was just terrible. I thought I could hear his screams in the broadcast. The Globe has a photo in the sports section of him on that play with his knee bent sideways; its tough to look at. The decision to leave him in may have cost him his career; although after seeing what AP did this year, maybe there is hope.

I think Shanahan is a great football coach, but man, I really, REALLY wish he had pulled Griffin out of the game after the 1st half. 

[/QUOTE]

Just another reason why the Redskins are losers. Hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look good for RG III:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/07/rgiii-headed-for-more-tests-on-knee/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I agree, after he got the team a 14 point lead he needed to be pulled because he wasn't helping the team anymore and whatif they had won the game, he is done anyways......stupid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Doubletap.

Sections
Shortcuts