In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to soups' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This may be a bit of an exaggeration, but RGIII took more bigtime hits this season than most QBs take in their careers.  Some serious, bone-rattling hits. 

All season long people were concerned about his health and status moving forward.  Greater DC area must be holding a collecitve breath right now.

[/QUOTE]

I think you're right on, no exaggeration. He's a terrific talent but he's a kamikaze out there. Hopefully he'll learn and change.  

[/QUOTE]

How is that going to happen? Shanahan designed his offense to take advantage of his RG III's running skills. If he's healthy, I don't see it changing. If he's not, it's back to the good ol' Rex Grossman days...and kiss all those #1 draft choices goodbye. I can't believe how shortsighted this franchise is. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, it may not happen. He has the talent to be a fine pocket passer. Strong, accurate arm, intelligent, poised.  But it takes commitment, time and patience to learn to QB that way. I don't think his coaches did him any favors playing the style they did. Yes, they probably won some more games than they otherwise might have, but did they set back his development as a QB?

Look at Luck, very talented, made a lot of plays and a lot of mistakes.  He's got a long way to go to becoming a great QB, but he's far ahead of RGIII in that regard.  He'll only get better. I'm not sure RGIII is set up to get better right now. He has to learn to play QB, not quasi-option RB/QB whatever.

[/QUOTE]

RG III's mobility and running ability are the reason that he's a star...combined with a strong passing arm. He won't be nearly as effective as a pure pocket passer. Andy Reid tried to make a pocket passer out of Michael Vick...and you saw how that went. This is a reason why Andrew Luck was more valued. Even though Luck too is athletic, he was much more of a pure pocket passer - traditional NFL QB, than is RG III.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Redskins Are Insane!

RG III's knee may be ruined. Shanahan should be fired: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/08/report-lcl-surgery-for-rg3/

It's extremely aggrevating to hear the "talking heads" trying to defend him.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

They interviewed a bunch of guys on ESPN who defended him. I don't get it. He was coach of the year except for this. Why do you think Morris was so good?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Great job, Shanahan: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/report-robert-griffin-iii-out-6-8-months-with-complete-acl-lcl-tears/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nobody in here ever strikes a nerve with me. This Leons Playhouse so try to remember who you are talking to.

Curt Schilling-LOL- You guys want to put into the HOF because he played with a little blood on his sock-(The jury is still out wether that was his blood or not)We can discuss him in the baseball if you would like.

Big DEAL Schilling played with a few stiches in his ankle! I still laugh about that one. BIG DEAL his stiches were bleeding BUT he played through it. You guys act like he was some kind of Super star hero for playing with a little blood . Again ...laughable!

RG3 will have the best Doc's and rehab available.Football players play with pain.He'll be back!

[/QUOTE]

Nope, we laugh 'cause the Yanks couldn't hit a guy pitching with stitches in his ankle, LOL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

RG III's knee may be ruined. Shanahan should be fired: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/08/report-lcl-surgery-for-rg3/

It's extremely aggrevating to hear the "talking heads" trying to defend him.

[/QUOTE]
    I thought that he shouldn't have been playing throughout most of the game.  It was obvious that he was injured.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Again...the Redskins are idiots...and Mike Shanahan should be fired. They likely ruined the greatest thing to happen to them in well over a decade: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/12/griffins-knee-creates-more-concern-than-advertised/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

Again...the Redskins are idiots...and Mike Shanahan should be fired. They likely ruined the greatest thing to happen to them in well over a decade: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/12/griffins-knee-creates-more-concern-than-advertised/

[/QUOTE]

dude won't be back next year. sad.

Sections
Shortcuts