Redskins Should Consider RG III Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Redskins Should Consider RG III Trade

Sometimes, things don't work out as you hoped. The Redskins gambled their #1 draft choices in 2012, 2013, and 2014, plus their second rounder in 2012. What they appeared to get is a right-handed, younger version of Michael Vick. If their back-up QB Kirk Cousins can show something over the next three games, could an RG III trade be in the offing?

I a previous post, I stated the following: While I feel that Mike Shanahan has done a poor job in Washington, and should be replaced...he's being unfairly chastised and criticized by the media for his decision to bench RG III. Griffin has been terrible, especially of late. Why not check out what the Redskins have in 2nd year back-up Kirk Cousins? 

Benching RG III works in helping to keep his trade value high. If he's hurt again, and/or continues to look like an elusive Curtis Painter, his perceived value will plummett. If I were running the 'Skins, I'd try to trade the seemingly arrogant, egotistical, and pampered young RG III in the off-season, and see if I could cut my losses. I see RG III as a right-handed Michael Vick...flashy at times, great on occasion, but overrated and injury prone.

The Browns swindled the Colts by trading their over-hyped, over-drafted, and overrated RB, Trent Richardson...thereby recouping some of their losses. Perhaps it's time for the 'Skins to consider doing the same.   

With another weak QB class on the horizon in the 2014 draft, why not offer up RG III to the QB desperate Texans, for their #1 pick this year and next? Ask yourself this...would the Texans rather have the overrated Teddy Bridgewater...or a local hero (starred at Baylor and grew up in Texas), who, when healthy, has shown that he can play?   

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

Re: Redskins Should Consider RG III Trade

Not.gonna.happen.

Coach goes bye bye first.  RG III is coming of a serious knee injury and it usually takes at least until the second year to get back to the same player they once were. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Shanahan has pretty much called Snyder's bluff there. If Snyder wants RGIII then he needs to fire Shanahan. If he wants Shanahan then RGIII is done...

Ya got Palance saying to Ladd...Prove it...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Synder is siding with RGIII. It is more likely that he fires Shanahan than to trade RGIII.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL!

You feel he should be replaced, huh, TexasPat?  Gee, is the sky blue, too? Where were you when I said on draft day in 2012 that the Rams FLEECED the Skins to the moon and back and mortgaging their entire franchise in upcoming seasons was moronic?

Every other Tom, Dick and Harry feel for that hype and I kept saying he's another Vick who wants to run.  Those kinds of prospects are obvious failures, but the Skins toss their next 3 drafts away for that?  This isn't news.

Where were you? Hmm?

This is news?  No one will trade for RG3.  The red flags were there and they have been showing up in spades this year. He's Tebow with a better arm, but you can't fix the brain.

Also, Al Davis is dead, so I doubt there will be trading partners. Jay Cutlie may not even have many bidders this offseason. lmao

[/QUOTE]

I cant think of a single person who thought that a good trade. Why do you make it seem you were the only one Mr Liar?

RG did QB the team to 8 wins last year. This years team has a poor OL and defense. Patience with young players. Great talent, hard worker, smart. RG can succeed if given time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shanahan has pretty much called Snyder's bluff there. If Snyder wants RGIII then he needs to fire Shanahan. If he wants Shanahan then RGIII is done...

Ya got Palance saying to Ladd...Prove it...

[/QUOTE]

Shane: So you're Jack Wilson.

Jack Wilson: What's that to you, Shane?

Shane: I've heard about you.

Jack Wilson: What have you heard, Shane?

Shane: I heard you're a low-down Yankee liar.

Jack Wilson says, smiling: Prove it!

LOL!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

It is a mess down there.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

The Redskins would never recover in a trade what they gave up to get RGIII.

Rams picks in bold.

For Robert Griffin III the Rams got picks,
    2012 #6, #39, 2013 #16, 2014 1st

2012 #6 traded to Dallas for 2012 #14, #45
    Dallas picked Morris Claiborne

2012 #14 Michael Brockers
    2012 #39 Janoris Jenkins

2012 #45 traded to Chicago for 2012 #50, #150
    Chicago picked Alshon Jeffery

2012 #50 Isaiah Pead
    2012 #150 Rokevious Watkins

2013 #16 traded with #46, #78, #222 to Buffalo for 2013 #8, #71