Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread

In other news, Tyler Palko is maybe the worst player in the NFL.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I believe BB needs to get over his aversion to playing RBs younger than 35.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

jets are throttling the chiefs...looks like phat rex is gonna start talking again

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]I believe BB needs to get over his aversion to playing RBs younger than 35.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

It's just that sitting Price out for a whole year was so successful, that he's doing the same with Ridley and Vereen. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread : Welker was a defenseless reciever who was standing upright at the time of the hit, Tom took a late slide and Fletcher broke down to make the hit.  Aboslutely nothing dirty or unfair about that, his forearm did not even make contact with Tom's helmet.  The two plays are oil and water, not even remotely related.  And Clark launched himself, on this play the LB just broke down and went to hit TB12.  Sorry I don't let being a homer get in the way of actual football.  
    Posted by andrewmcintosh[/QUOTE]

So - your assessment of the Personal Foul against the Pats that negated the INT then?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

[QUOTE]Most frustrating 9-3 team to watch EVER!!!!
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]
    Indeed!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

The defense looked bad - the 'Skins offense was dictating the game to our defense - not the other way around. Gotta tighten up and start playing how they were on the first few drives. The terrible call against Carter doesn't help either, as it gave the 'Skins 3 points, and took away an INT from McCourty, which may have gone a long way towards helping his confidence.

The offense was erratic, and it started with Brady. He was on-and-off all of the first half. The offensive line has been spotty as well. 

Red-zone offense has to improve. We left 8 points on the field, and should be up 28-20 right now. Hernandez with the drop, and a miscommunication between Brady and Gronk. Gotta get it fixed.

Hoping we can come out and have a solid drive to start the 2nd half, and hopefully get back on track. 

All I care about is a win. The overall play of the team is concerning, but a win is a win, and once we get into the playoffs, anything can happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

That McCourty penalty on 3rd/18 might decide the game as the Pats might have put Washington away with another score at that time

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread : So - your assessment of the Personal Foul against the Pats that negated the INT then?
    Posted by qball369[/QUOTE]
    What? that was a HORRIBLE call as well.....I clearly stated earlier, they were both brutal calls.  My only point was that one bad call does not create a mortgage for a future "help" penalty, just because it aids your team.  that's not pro football as far as I am concerned.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The offense is a little off, but I'm surprised by the hate. Washington has the 8th best defense in the NFL. They aren't playing chumps out there. 

No turnovers. 13 points. Not bad at all for being "off."

The defense is helpless. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry guys, you don't "help" teams out because you missed a call earlier in the game.  Is that seriously how you want refs to act on their discretion?  Oh wait, only when it helps the Pats gain yardage.  The refs have blown some calls, if you want to make that the excuse for drops, missed blocks, and poor passes, be my guest.

Once a QB gives himself up in a foot first slide you can't hit them unless you are already in the process. Brady started the slide before he left his feet to make the tackle. The explanation was BS but the call was right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]Wonder if BB would do a trick play?
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

With Washington's record, i.e. nothing to lose, if I were BB I'd be mindful of a possible on-side kick to start the half.  This game appears to be taking the shape of the "last team with the ball" will win it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

thank you for that kick off - did not tempt us to bring the ball back !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

unfortunately, make-up calls are present in sports, however if the bad calls werent made in the first place, there would be no need for make-up calls...!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread : Once a QB gives himself up in a foot first slide you can't hit them unless you are already in the process. Brady started the slide before he left his feet to make the tackle. The explanation was BS but the call was right.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    he hooked late, you can't just slide willy nilly when you feel like it to get flags.  Not buying it guys, that call was garbage.  So was the one on Andre.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

[QUOTE]I believe BB needs to get over his aversion to playing RBs younger than 35.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

he needs to get over a lot of things. like letting someone else draft, hiring real offensive and defensive coordinators. 

it will never happen but they need a gm and let bb just coach the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Hey the WR screen th Welker

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread : What? that was a HORRIBLE call as well.....I clearly stated earlier, they were both brutal calls.  My only point was that one bad call does not create a mortgage for a future "help" penalty, just because it aids your team.  that's not pro football as far as I am concerned.  

You've never heard of balancing the scales?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Whatever, 2nd half.  GO PATS!  Nice slip out to Wes there

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm afraid Gronk is become Brady's next Moss . . . 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well if you aren't going to run it at least they mixed in a screen. That's similar to a run. But, seriously the lack of balance on the O today is killing me

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ugly, ugly, ugly. This D is ugly. Better make adjustments--or else........

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Just go to Welker every play, I'm convinced the man is uncover able.

Sections
Shortcuts