Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread

In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread : why would it make me feel any better? everyone knows the D is horrible, but the refs suck just as bad as they do...go cheer on the jests if u dont wana support the team u ignorant pr*ck
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Nice name calling with the profanities to boot.

Lets blame the refs for that pathetic run defense right there.

And what does cheering for the Jets have to do with anything? I've been a Pats fan since the mid 70's. Was a ticket season holder for 10 years. How about you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Looks like the first offense to make a mistake (INT, fumble) may lose.  Hopefully, it won't be us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

[QUOTE]Like to see the defense get a turnover.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    As bad as Rex is, I don't like those odds...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

This is truly train wreck material - it really would be better if the Pats missed the playoffs this year  - they could have a Red Sox like house cleaning and start addressing this abysmal defense

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Hold them

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

oh christ that was bad, sack him guys.

Edit: julian edelman, matthew slater.....brutal.  Did Chung get lost on the moon or something???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Missed a sack that would have been huge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The 3 man rush

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

wow how did he not get rex to the ground there...horrible tackling

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

3rd down, this is where they fail.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This week when Wilfork goes on weei and talks about how good this defense is and how they're a bunch of hard working warriors...I'm going to throw up into my lap.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Basically, a defensive stop will win this game.  I think that's what it's going to take.

But on the plus side, I'm starting to think of it like this:

There's not much positive about our D right now, but they could well win today without forcing a punt at all.  When you think about that, it's pretty crazy.

Washington's D is better-ranked than some of the playoff bound teams.  If NE can do this now, they could actually beat one of those teams.  But their offense must continue to dominate for that to happen.    And their D must limit TDs to FGs.

Tall order, but possible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

why do they use 2nd and 3rd round draft picks for vereen and ridley if they are never going to use them? i know vereen has a hammy tweak and isn't playing today but even when healthy they don't use these guys. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I am used to the pass defense being weak, but this is the worst the run defense has looked all season.

Fortunately, we still have Brady, Gronk and Welker on the other side of the ball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully one of our DB's can accidentally find themselves in the right place to make a play this Skin's possession
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    Ya think?  Looking at the highlights of the Skins TDs, the defenders were no where close to making any sopts!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

The offense has only scored 27 and you irrationals are blaming the D. Pinkhats.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdcfreshkickz. Show jdcfreshkickz's posts

Come D show up and make a stop please!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

We could use an INT or strip sack.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread : OF course most of them are nowhere to be found on game day. It's hard to overlook what happens in the actual game when the game is actually happening.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Z, what kills me most is how some honestly don't see it.

It's completely ridiculous. I love my Pats to death but I'm hardpressed to find defense worse then ours in the whole league. It doesn't matter what the scheme is our personal stinks. Outside of VW, AC, JM the talent pool on this D is atrocious. No one makes plays or can for that matter and thiat is the reason why I think BB calls soft defensive schemes.

It is so painfull to watch it hurts. I'd settle for a bad defense at this point.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Whiff on the sack, but didn't matter - another defensive penalty on 3rd down.  Good gosh, this is one frustrating performance by the Pats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wilfork, Mayo, Carter, Spikes, Chung, Love are the only players I want back next year. The rest you can dump and I wouldn't shed a tear

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

DMC sighting!!!!!!