Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread

Put me on record as saying Tebow doesn't do that well.  The run game softened up when we started working more on pass protection, which was a bigger deal for sure today.  C'mon, guys, we were playing WRs at safety.  Any other team you know of that can get away with that?  At least we won.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread:
    People don't get it. We already know the defense isn't good at least people with a brain and eyeballs that work. The offense in the playoffs is going to struggle because the outside WR are average at best. Realistically they are below average and I'm not talking about a deep threat. They cannot get open period. It totally limits the offense. They can't even beat man coverage.
    Posted by tompenny

its going to hurt a lot in the playoffs because the good defenses will load up on gronk and welker. it will be a struggle to score and its unlikely that the defense is going to hold anyone under 20 points. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread : The same was said about the Pats team of 2001 and look what they did.  Somewhere, BB has some level of faith this team can pull it off. The Pats still had some key players out of this game and their return may make some difference, we hope!
    Posted by agcsbill

I certainly hope you're correct - LOL :).  But in years past, BB had some "step-up" kinda' guys on D and better running games.  A. Smith or Corey Dillon ain't walking through that door.  Neither are Vrabel or Teddy.  Hey, I love this team as much as anyone, I just don't think they're going to go very far unless we get really better, really quickly. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

People don't get it. We already know the defense isn't good at least people with a brain and eyeballs that work. The offense in the playoffs is going to struggle because the outside WR are average at best. Realistically they are below average and I'm not talking about a deep threat. They cannot get open period. It totally limits the offense. They can't even beat man coverage.
    Posted by tompenny

You would be surprised at how many people fail to see this. They think this offense is loaded. What I see is an all world tight end, a outstanding possession receiver (who looks worn out), another solid receiving tightend and Brady. Branch cannot separate - Ocho evidently is still lost and we don't have a dynamic running threat. 

Sections
Shortcuts