Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread

In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread:
    In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread : yes they do, but its hard to believe its a 10-3, youd think we were talking about a 3-10 team lol
    Posted by redsoxfan94

unfortunately that's what happens when your expected to live up to your potential of greatness. That is not what this team is, but when you think about it this defense has gone through a lot this year from last year. So they deserve some accolades, but this game was a clear sign this team isn't close to playoff ready.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread : Probably because they aren't going to play scrubs they can drop 30 at will on in the playoffs. That's were defense is really relevant.
    Posted by tompenny

you are absolutely correct, and thats why they have made early exits in the postseason the first couple of years 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

10 - 3....    take it now.  Wonder if Tebow will be salivating watching film of the Pats D?  He may have his first career 300+ yard game, ya think?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

If it weren't for Brady's brain f*rt on that last drive, this game would have ended with less drama.  Leave it to the D to give everyone angina!!
    Posted by agcsbill

Yeah but who put that personnel in and called the play? Plus that guy maybe an awesome play on the ball, have to give the other side some respect also. However Brady was off all day, they jinxed him when they talked about his INT rate the past few games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

10 - 3....    take it now.  Wonder if Tebow will be salivating watching film of the Pats D?  He may have his first career 300+ yard game, ya think?
    Posted by agcsbill

he's the worst passing qb they will have faced this year, had very low passing yardage every game, it will be interesting to see how he does. they should load up on the run and make him throw it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread : yes they do, but its hard to believe its a 10-3, youd think we were talking about a 3-10 team lol
    Posted by redsoxfan94

I think, as has been discussed ad nauseam on these forums, is all about expectations. From 2001-2004, Brady and BB set a standard where anything less than a championship became a disappointment. I am not saying it is fair and I am not saying the fans are not spoiled, but that is how it is...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Posted by agcsbill

I think he will run crazy on this soft defense, he will always run it before he will throw it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread : he's the worst passing qb they will have faced this year, had very low passing yardage every game, it will be interesting to see how he does. they should load up on the run and make him throw it.
    Posted by kjfiton

After the game against the Redskins today, I do not have as much faith as I did in this team to stop the run either. If you have watched Tebow's games this year, he has been effective when teams load up agains the run. It is not like we have DBs that we can leave out on islands against WRs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I guess there's two ways to look at this win.  TB and the offense less Gronk and Welker were awful.  Kicking game was mediocre.  Defense, after a great start, stunk.  I've never seen so many receivers so wide open - as evidenced by how many third and longs Washington converted.  Of course, I give them somewhat of a pass, as they had to basically play the entire 1st quarter and most of the 2nd.  On the other side of the ball, TB was dreadful despite good overall numbers.  Given all this, I think we were fortunate to win.  However, if we had been playing a decent, or worse yet, a good or great team, we'd have lost badly.  At the end of the day, to my eyes, this team doesn't project to go very far in the playoffs.  I want to be wrong on that front, but when I look at really good teams in our conference, chiefly Pittsburgh and Baltimore, I just can't envision beating them come crunch time.  And I darn sure can't envision them beating New Orleans or Green Bay (I think one of those two teams will be in the SB) or even a San Francisco.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

People don't get it. We already know the defense isn't good at least people with a brain and eyeballs that work. The offense in the playoffs is going to struggle because the outside WR are average at best. Realistically they are below average and I'm not talking about a deep threat. They cannot get open period. It totally limits the offense. They can't even beat man coverage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I guess there's two ways to look at this win.  .... And I darn sure can't envision them beating New Orleans or Green Bay (I think one of those two teams will be in the SB) or even a San Francisco.
    Posted by gr82bme

The same was said about the Pats team of 2001 and look what they did.  Somewhere, BB has some level of faith this team can pull it off. The Pats still had some key players out of this game and their return may make some difference, we hope!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Put me on record as saying Tebow doesn't do that well.  The run game softened up when we started working more on pass protection, which was a bigger deal for sure today.  C'mon, guys, we were playing WRs at safety.  Any other team you know of that can get away with that?  At least we won.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

People don't get it. We already know the defense isn't good at least people with a brain and eyeballs that work. The offense in the playoffs is going to struggle because the outside WR are average at best. Realistically they are below average and I'm not talking about a deep threat. They cannot get open period. It totally limits the offense. They can't even beat man coverage.
    Posted by tompenny

its going to hurt a lot in the playoffs because the good defenses will load up on gronk and welker. it will be a struggle to score and its unlikely that the defense is going to hold anyone under 20 points. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Redskins vs Patriots Game Thread : The same was said about the Pats team of 2001 and look what they did.  Somewhere, BB has some level of faith this team can pull it off. The Pats still had some key players out of this game and their return may make some difference, we hope!
    Posted by agcsbill

I certainly hope you're correct - LOL :).  But in years past, BB had some "step-up" kinda' guys on D and better running games.  A. Smith or Corey Dillon ain't walking through that door.  Neither are Vrabel or Teddy.  Hey, I love this team as much as anyone, I just don't think they're going to go very far unless we get really better, really quickly. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Posted by tompenny

You would be surprised at how many people fail to see this. They think this offense is loaded. What I see is an all world tight end, a outstanding possession receiver (who looks worn out), another solid receiving tightend and Brady. Branch cannot separate - Ocho evidently is still lost and we don't have a dynamic running threat. 

Sections
Shortcuts