Reed Clears Waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Reed Clears Waivers

Bring him in... work him out.  McCourty, Gregory, Harmon, and Reed sounds deep to me. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Umm he didn't choose to clear waivers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

@jeffphowe The Patriots have not shown any early interest in Ed Reed, I'm told. At this point, not sure if there will be any.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said at his Wednesday news conference that the team "has no plans" to change its secondary personnel. Translation: It's not happening.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

So, my original gut feeling was correct.  

1. He either is wanting to play for BB.

2. His agent has told teams he's retiring.

Discuss:

this is incorrect. any team claiming him on waivers, is on the hook to Reed and the Ravens for the remaining salary this year and a partial prepaid bonus to the tune of about $1.4M. No team will do this. Reed has now cleared waivers and is now a free agent...the kicker is that not only can he sign with any team, at any salary he wants, he gets to keep his pre paid bonus and, so he is effect double dipping on salary

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Ed Reed clearing waivers is old news now.  Why create another thread?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

WHat thread is here and says he cleared waivers 60 minutes ago?

Ed Reed is available thread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

So, my original gut feeling was correct.  

1. He either is wanting to play for BB.

2. His agent has told teams he's retiring.

Discuss:

this is incorrect. any team claiming him on waivers, is on the hook to Reed and the Ravens for the remaining salary this year and a partial prepaid bonus to the tune of about $1.4M. No team will do this. Reed has now cleared waivers and is now a free agent...the kicker is that not only can he sign with any team, at any salary he wants, he gets to keep his pre paid bonus and, so he is effect double dipping on salary

The title of this thread is about Reed clearing waivers officially as of about 60 minutes ago.

Please stop trolling and ruining the real fans' discussions of what is transpiring in Pats Nation.

but Reed clearing waivers has nothing to do with BB or his agent telling teams he is retiring..it is about teams not wanting to pay $1.4M for 7 games of Reed. speaks volumes about where his skill level is today due to age and wear and tear over the years...he simply is not worth $1.4M to any team at this time

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

Umm he didn't choose to clear waivers

He doesn't have to but teams aren't going to put in a claim and try to force him to play if he/his agent have already made it clear that a) he's done or b) he has a specific team or teams he wants to play for.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Oh and I think this thread is more valuable than a "let's take a poll. who stays and who goes?" thread or a "remember when so and so lost this bet?" thread.

Even football-related threads are now troll'd. Great.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Patriots contact Reed patently....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24228202/jets-patriots-show-interest-in-ed-reed-after-safety-clears-waivers

Play 4-week Fantasy Football - now with BIGGER cash prizes!

Jason La Canfora CBS Sports NFL Insider Jets, Patriots show interest in Ed Reed after safety clears waivers

November 13, 2013 5:28 pm ET

•  

Ed Reed was not a good fit for Wade Phillips' defense in Houston. (USATSI) Ed Reed was not a good fit for Wade Phillips' defense in Houston. (USATSI)

Ed Reed has cleared waivers after being released by the Texans and is being courted by the Jets and Patriots, according to sources.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

WHat thread is here and says he cleared waivers 60 minutes ago?

Ed Reed is available thread.

Umm, that was from yesterday, pre-waiver clearing.  Ed Reed was not available to the Pats unless it was their turn on waivers and they claimed him.

Today is a different day, with a different part of the process unfolding.

The new news is HE CLEARED WAIVERS. Get it?

In the thread it is reported and discussed about him clearing waivers.  Get it! 

Re: Ed Reed Available

posted at 11/13/2013 4:16 PM EST

• pcmIV
    • First: 10/31/2011
    • Last: 11/13/2013

Schefter is reporting that Reed went unclaimed.  He is now a FA.

You must be too busy arguing with people to follow threads?

So my question is, since there is already a thread talking about Reed clearing waivers, why make a new one?  GET IT?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Jim IrsayVerified account @JimIrsay

ColtsFans...Ed Reed signs,goes to WR,with limited special packages for WR plays; backs up safety n plays some role n return game/Yes-no?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots have to kick someone off the squad in order to make room for Shane Vereen by Monday.   There's no room for Reed this week.  Maybe next Tuesday?  I notice that Reed hasn't signed with anyone immediately.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The trolls just hate it when I am right.

OMG, did I really just read that.  Please tell me what you are right about.  Please don't answer with what I think you are going to answer with.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

The Patriots have to kick someone off the squad in order to make room for Shane Vereen by Monday.   There's no room for Reed this week.  Maybe next Tuesday?  I notice that Reed hasn't signed with anyone immediately.

Cut Cole asap... he'll hand around on emergency dial... then you either cut Forston or Jake Bequette... there's easy moves that can be made IMO. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Cut Cole asap... he'll hand around on emergency dial... then you either cut Forston or Jake Bequette... there's easy moves that can be made IMO. 

This should have been done weeks months ago.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Lou Reed > Ed Reed

Can still listen to Lou........might as well kick the future cast member of Cocoon 2's tires............

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don't think it is 1.4 million. Even still, Reed's preferred teams will bea VERY, VERY short list unless he's done and chooses to retire.

What a disaster by Houston, huh, RKrap? Cushing done. Foster done. Schaub benched.  Coach with a stroke, Reed overpaid for, etc.

Compare our teambuilding and leverage to other teams.

yes, it is $865 to the Ravens and about $600 to Reed if someone had claimed him. since no one claimed him, he is now a free agent. so it really had nothing to do with BB. so you were not right again as you said

yes, Houston is a disaster. Injuries, but evey team has them. killer that Schaub imploded.

Thanks TB! You could have also imploded with so many questions surrounding you, but you stood tall and lead this team to 7-2. Thanks TB!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

OMG, did I really just read that.  Please tell me what you are right about.  Please don't answer with what I think you are going to answer with.

I spelled it all out here yesterday.  Reed does not want to play a half season with a crap or .500 team at this point of his career.

The only thing stopping him is ego at this point. Onus on Reed where he wants to play and if a team like ours wants him or not.

Yep.

A player like Reed needs a carrot now.  That carrot would obviously be a SB ring.  He's been paid so it makes no sense to keep playing for a non contender.

Get it?  

Why does he need that carrot? It's not like he doesn't have a ring. You don't know what he wants. He could go to the Jets right now if they offered him more money than the Pats did.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Ed Reed is done. He is a shell of his former self as a player. He has had 3 hip procedures in the last 4 years and he has put off surgery on his neck. On top of his injuries he was a problem in the ravens lockerroom last year and seems to be an issue with him lately.

They don't need the headache.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

I spelled it all out here yesterday.  Reed does not want to play a half season with a crap or .500 team at this point of his career.

The only thing stopping him is ego at this point. Onus on Reed where he wants to play and if a team like ours wants him or not.

Yep.

A player like Reed needs a carrot now.  That carrot would obviously be a SB ring.  He's been paid so it makes no sense to keep playing for a non contender.

Get it?  

Why does he need that carrot? It's not like he doesn't have a ring. You don't know what he wants. He could go to the Jets right now if they offered him more money than the Pats did.

he played his best football with the RAvens when Rex was his coach

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I saw Reed play a little bit with the Texans, and I really can't figure out why some of you want us to sign him so badly.  He looked painfully slow.  He is toast.  Harmon is a good, promising young player and he needs the reps while Gregory is out.  Signing Reed would prolong Harmon's development.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I saw Reed play a little bit with the Texans, and I really can't figure out why some of you want us to sign him so badly.  He looked painfully slow.  He is toast.  Harmon is a good, promising young player and he needs the reps while Gregory is out.  Signing Reed would prolong Harmon's development.  

My only argument would be for back up to McCourty, security for Gregory and/or Talib's situations and an in the box nickel guy. Reed is one of the all time most instinctual players ever, IMO, so BB would probably love to use him in less space, around the line, blitzing, and covering TEs in the big nickel.

Just saying.

It's what Adrian Wilson was really here for and we don't really have that rover kind of Safety in the box.   Gregory has been doing it with but with a cast and broken thumb and Harmon a rookie, Ed Reed is clearly better than Nate Ebner.

+1

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

My only argument would be for back up to McCourty, security for Gregory and/or Talib's situations and an in the box nickel guy. Reed is one of the all time most instinctual players ever, IMO, so BB would probably love to use him in less space, around the line, blitzing, and covering TEs in the big nickel.

Just saying.

It's what Adrian Wilson was really here for and we don't really have that rover kind of Safety in the box.   Gregory has been doing it with but with a cast and broken thumb and Harmon a rookie, Ed Reed is clearly better than Nate Ebner.

What are the chances of Ed Reed being in a patriot uniform by the Denver game.

Sections
Shortcuts