reed suspension reversed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

reed suspension reversed

Makes sense...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: reed suspension reversed

Who reversed it?  And maybe they should be held liable for any future brain injury law suits.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Appeals guy dropped it to 50k, no suspension.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Half the time on helmet to helmet the offensive player lowers his head and causes contact.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Reed isn't a dirty player IMO, he's damn good though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Watch the hit on Branch and tell me he's clean!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Makes sense...

[/QUOTE]

never thought of Reed as a dirty player

[/QUOTE]

As Reeds skills diminish i have thought he is very dirty. Imo he gets away with at least 2 non calls per game. Making me like him less and less as a player as he gets by on experience and dirty play rather than stellar skills

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Makes sense...

[/QUOTE]

never thought of Reed as a dirty player

[/QUOTE]

I never did either but 3 clear head heads leading with his helmet and lining the guy up has changed that opinion recently. To me this is a disgrace. The former players are calling foul for concussions yet when the league tries to take measures to knock it into these guys heads not to head hunt it's met with a brick wall.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Not a dirty player?  Sorry, is this the same Ed Reed who said last year, "I'm going to keep aiming high..if they want to fine me, they can fine me."

Since then, he's aimed at about 7 different heads. If you watch the replays, you'll see he's trying to hit the head.  Some of it is the receiver lifting his own head, but most of these are pure Ed Reed trying to decapitate a player.

There are very few players with his skill in this league who don't head hunt when given the chance.  Reed has all but admitted it.  So far it hasn't cost his team anything.  Wait till it does.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to soups's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not a dirty player?  Sorry, is this the same Ed Reed who said last year, "I'm going to keep aiming high..if they want to fine me, they can fine me."

Since then, he's aimed at about 7 different heads. If you watch the replays, you'll see he's trying to hit the head.  Some of it is the receiver lifting his own head, but most of these are pure Ed Reed trying to decapitate a player.

There are very few players with his skill in this league who don't head hunt when given the chance.  Reed has all but admitted it.  So far it hasn't cost his team anything.  Wait till it does.

[/QUOTE]

yeah I get that...  but I don't get how you go from 25k fine for standard roughing penalty to ssuspension (loss of 450K) because of 3 hits going back to 2010.

I mean what is this the registry adding up speeding tickets?  Its stupid to suspend players over a football play that cant be avoided when sanders lowers his head at the last split second.

There needs to be greater clarification of deliberate launching to injure and standard football hit to player.  Spikes put a shoulder into Shonn Green and knocked him out for a spell...   no flag.  and it shouldnt be...  Some contact to the helmet is incedental and should be allowed.  Hello...?  THATS WHY THEYRE WEARING HELMETS.

I had a concussion playing high school football and a couple others here and there.  Its part of the game and not everybody ends up killing themselves or walking around like the village idiot.  Look at Steve Young and Troy Aikman... among others. 

This over zealous litigious stupid over reactive fining and now suspending has to be reined in...  Glad this appeal went thru.  Next week it could be spikes.  The fines are irritating... Losing a great player over this kind of hitting is not the way to go.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Yeah, good point.  It used to be that the safest position in football was the kicker...might be the QB these days.

Sections
Shortcuts