Reed throws Flacco under the bus!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Reed throws Flacco under the bus!!

The great safety Ed Reed has been quoted as saying Flacco was rattled during the Texan's game and seemed to be effected by their Defense. Also that if he just doesn't do that then the Ravens have a chance. He believes that the only reason that the Ravens won was because of the D. As I have heard Joe doesnt take criticism to well and imagine it coming from your own player esp. a player as good as Reed, respected! This is another reason that I love the Pats and their way of doing business. I can't imagine anyone talking about another player. They praise one another!!! Yeah I know we have Brady but they all take the blame for a loss and on the flip side they give everyone credit for a Win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Reed throws Flacco under the bus!!

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7473245/2012-nfl-playoffs-ed-reed-baltimore-ravens-says-joe-flacco-was-rattled-houston-texans

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

To open the door to the strife and frustration brewing in the Ravens the Pats should sell out a little bit in the beginning of the game to just get to Flaco a bit.

Do what it takes to get a sack in the early going.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Why do they open their yaps in this way?  Not good for the Ravens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

A sign they are nervous??!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Fu Man Chu Flacco is gonna wilt under the pressure. He will try to do too much as he is surely feeling the pressure to score with Brady and get Reed and Ray Ray off his back.

I see what they are trying to do but it will backfire. Flacco is not a Gun Slinger, however we have to contain Rice and Keep an eye on Boldin.

He is good at those back shoulder throws when his guy is covered.

The Ravens know we are Better and are trying to motivate their QB to be better but great QB's either have it or they dont.

Eli and Brady are the only gunslingers left. A.Smith showed the ability to lead his team to a comeback but that was a rare occasion and not the way they want to win.

I wouldnt even attempt to run on Bmore or San Fran for that matter. thats their strenght. Just spread em out and pass all day!

Vs the Giants we would have to try to establish something as their front four get after the passer like no other.

After chasing around a guy like Tebow the defense is gonna be thrilled to play a QB in Flacco who is always in the same spot and has no pocket mobility. Its gonna be a long day for him, IMO

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

No surprise. The Ravens thug defense has Rex Ryan's dirty fingerprints all over it. Yap all day. Get out to a decent lead on the Ravens early and watch this team implode. Especially if Flacco threw a pick or fumbled. Forces the Ravens to pass, and puts the game in Flacco's hands to win. Not a good recipe.

I don't agree that we shouldn't run it. We have to and I think we can be successful here if we pick our opportunities. You take a guy like Woody who is similar in respect to Rice, and use him more than a power runner like Ridley or BJGE. A healthy dose of Woody running and catching passes out of the backfield is the way to counter the over aggressive and slow front 7 of the Ravens. The Ravens are a power defense, intimidation, aggressive. Get them to over commit, use their aggression against them, let them blitz and burn them with Woody, Hern and even sprinkle in Edelman. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Key is RICE.

If we do not stop him Flacco will have plenty of tiem to "not get rattled"

Stuff Rice early and often and make Flacco the center of attention, he will fold.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Lifer, Its ok to sprinkle in the run game here and there but to me the strenght of the Ravens "D" is stopping the Run. They had an aberration last week giving up their first hundred yard rusher in playoff history to Arian Foster.

2 things for me that stood out,.

We dont have an Arian Foster on our team who is, IMO, the best zone rusher in the game right now and best Ive seen since Terrel Davis.

The other thing is we dont have the talented Line that Houston does nor do we HAVE to establish the run because we have a rookie QB.

I saw that Fire in Brady's eye last Saturday night and I say let him loose.  Wasting downs to try to run at this team early is useless. One thing about the Ravens, they come out FIRED up and can STOP our run game early.

So spread em out where their linebackers are suspect in coverage and not play to their strenghts wich are stopping the run.

IMO, I dont think Woody can run on this defense. In the second half if we are UP, then yes, I run with Woody, but best thing is to put up points early so Flacco is in a hole and you cant do that running early, IMO

We shall see, but I think we pass on this team and make them play from behind.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

oh, you mean like some of the stuff that mr. wilfork and mr warren have been talking about during their meetings? lol. I look for nicht and mayo definately targeting rice this weekend. last week we saw our boys play the best game in two years. offense,defense and special teams. fkn crows are going down.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Why would anyone air their dirty laundry the week b/4 a playoff?
    Wouldn't  be my choice of a top three motivating ploy but then again I don't know all the particualrs and probably never will....

Meanwhile just gotta love the sweet silence in Foxboro.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's always a good sign when they start turning on each other. They are scared of yet another failed playoff berth; they should be; trying to generate a rush and cover Gronk/Hernandez is nearly impossible; they are setting up who to blame for the fail already.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: Reed throws Flacco under the bus!!:
    [QUOTE]It's always a good sign when they start turning on each other. They are scared of yet another failed playoff berth; they should be; trying to generate a rush and cover Gronk/Hernandez is nearly impossible; they are setting up who to blame for the fail already.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I agree. Reed coming out on Flacco is the Ravens D setting up Flacco in case he crashes and burns. Got to love it. Call it the Rex Ryan legacy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

This whole topic the media are creating is NOTHING. I heard the whole thing and he did not throw Flacco under the bus. It was NOTHING.

He said what he felt and or thought while standing on the sideline watching about a given play and then in his next breath said it was easy for him to say standing on the sidelines or sitting in the stands cause he does not know what was suppose to happen or what the play call was, etc.

He also said the entire team needs to play better and also threw himself under the bus earlier in the conversation before being asked about Flacco.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I agree somewhat about media spin.  They always play a certain audible and you never hear the whole thing.

That being said, he clearly questioned his QB's ability to get the job done by saying Flacco was told to hit this guy or that guy and thats not his game.

I took it as him saying, Flacco needs to just manage the game and stop trying to be a Brady type because he cant do it.

Either way, the fact is, they are not too confident in his abilities outside of handing the ball off.

Thats clear to me..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]This whole topic the media are creating is NOTHING. I heard the whole thing and he did not throw Flacco under the bus. It was NOTHING. He said what he felt and or thought while standing on the sideline watching about a given play and then in his next breath said it was easy for him to say standing on the sidelines or sitting in the stands cause he does not know what was suppose to happen or what the play call was, etc. He also said the entire team needs to play better and also threw himself under the bus earlier in the conversation before being asked about Flacco.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I heard it on Sirius/XM and it was nothing. Really unremarkable. What is something is ESPN blowing it up into a major confrontation and ego battle. ESPN behavior is outlandish, regretable and disrespectful of the NFL and it's fans. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]This whole topic the media are creating is NOTHING. I heard the whole thing and he did not throw Flacco under the bus. It was NOTHING. He said what he felt and or thought while standing on the sideline watching about a given play and then in his next breath said it was easy for him to say standing on the sidelines or sitting in the stands cause he does not know what was suppose to happen or what the play call was, etc. He also said the entire team needs to play better and also threw himself under the bus earlier in the conversation before being asked about Flacco.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

Really? maybe you should read Reed's comments verbatim...sounds a bit of throwing Flacco under the bus to me, or at least questioning his ability which is even better...

Reed's comments;
    "I think Joe was kind of rattled a little bit by (Houston's) defense," Reed said on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Monday, according to ProFootballTalk. "(The Texans) had a lot of guys in the box on him. And, I mean, they were getting to him. I think a couple times he needed to get rid of the ball. I don't know how much of the play-calling ... but it just didn't look like he had a hold on the offense. ... It was just kind of like (Baltimore's coaches) was telling him to do, throw the ball or get it here, you know, get it to certain guys. And he can't play like that."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Def. not a glowing endorsement and I dont take it as in house fighting as much as i take it as motivation from a guy frustrated by years of dominating on defense only to be out early in postseason because they cant score.

Remember how pathetic they looked vs K.C. a few years back?  They completely shut down K.C. but they were still in it becase Bmore couldnt score enough to put them away.

I know Ed Reed is always classy and gives respects to the Pats whenever he speaks and I think he is genuinely concerned with how his qb will perform.

Maybe he is lobbying for better playcalling and just used Flacco as a platform to do that instead of walking into the coaches office..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reed throws Flacco under the bus!! : YUP. They looked at the Pats/Broncos film and said "oh F---". No one loves Ray Lewis more than Ray Lewis.   I am just surprised Ed Reed has joined this little situation. He's usually VERY quiet.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Ray Lewis is President and #1 fan of his own fan club.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

This is a prime example of a class-less team such as the Ravens.  Somehow they remind me of the also class-less Jets.  As you would expect the Ravens also play class-less football on the field...

Sections
Shortcuts