REF finally exposes how our PATS have been TARGETED + robbed out of RINGS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: REF finally exposes how our PATS have been TARGETED + robbed out of RINGS!

you guys may be right that the pats have been on the wrong side of some bad calls/non-calls....but imo they have played poorly in the big games and dont deserve to have won a ring in that time period.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2013/04/02/pac-12-must-severely-penalize-ed-rush-to-uphold-conferences-integrity/

my SOURCES TELL ME THIS IS HOW ITS BEEN SINCE SPYGATE. ESP IN THE BIG GAMES. GOODY AND HIS BOYS MAKE IT CLEAR WHAT CALLS THEY WANT AND WHAT PENALTIES THEY need thrown and sometimes.. WHEN.. guys get cancun trips and more than $5k for compliance thru the head ref and voila...very subtle! we just need someone to snitch.. umm, be a whistleblower.

does this include the "breath on tom brady and it's a 15 yard penalty" rule?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

There are two separate questions here:  do the refs make fraudulent calls, and did it consistently hurt the Patriots?

My answer to the first question is yes, yes, YES! One NBA game-fixing ref, Tim Donaghy, in his book "Personal Foul", reported an endemic culture of phantom foul calling among NBA refs.  Refs would conspire to call phantom fouls against any player that they hated or against a specific team.  They also followed NBA directives to always let a severe underdog back into a 2-0 or 3-1 playoff series, because the NBA needed a few more more 6 game or 7 game playoff contests to garner more ad revenue.  Donaghy himself made his phantom calls for the mob.

The betting volume on major NFL games is an order of magnitude higher than on NBA games.  If you were fixing an NFL game you'd have an order of magnitude more bribe money to hand out. 

I'm considering adding a "likely fixed game" factor to my NFL point spread prognostications, on the theory that bought refs will throw a game where the home team is an underdog by 7 points or less.  In those games the home team crowd will never get after the refs for a home field call.  This makes the refs far easier to buy.

I rate teams by their home field advantage.  In some cases the team has an obvious distance, elevation, ice bowl or heat exhaustion advantage.  In other cases (i.e. Baltimore) I see no other credible explanation besides (a.) the refs are duped and intimidated by the home field crowd all chanting their favorite swear word in mighty unison, (b.) the home team goes out and buys refs to be quiet about gratuitous violence by Baltimore players, then the opponent gets flagged for retaliating, or (c) the visitor's locker room is bugged as Jerry Jones tried in Dallas, and their water fountain contains an emetic. 

I saw a trend when the NFL replacement refs came in, and that trend seemed to say that the replacements had a quiet little deal with the union.  In a high percentage of the games where playoff contenders were supposed to win, the refs made blatantly bad calls in about the last two minutes so that the game was thrown from victory to defeat.  Patriots fans will only remember how their own team got gypped by Baltimore's phantom field goal kick, or by a phantom holding call that called back a winning touchdown against Arizona with a minute remaining in that game.  In the end New England managed to grab two home field games in January so the losses didn't count for much.  If you want to hear real fury, talk to the Packer fans about their gypped game.  Or, just take a tour around the league to see how many critical game results were shafted by the refs.  Those first three replacement weeks smell to high heaven like the deal was down in favor of the refs union, which made out quite well thank you. 

As for the second question, it's statistically probable that individual owners of mediocre teams have talked to the mobsters that run the refs.  I note a trend where truly average teams barely make the playoffs, and then they all go on unusual runs that end with the Lombardi Trophy.  The Giants were pretty lousy in 2008 and in 2012, and Baltimore was lucky to make the playoffs with their 1-4 run to end the season.

Can you say "Black Sox"?

Then there's the Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints.  They paid their money in a different unethical direction.  So, it's not as though teams are babes in the woods about all of this.  Bringing home the trophy is worth easily $50-$100 million in enhanced ticket sales, and so the temptation to spend money to win exists.  For that matter, how many NFL players have been tempted to take steroids in a way that they can still beat the tests?  How many coaches wink at their players' performance enhancing drug use?

It's not that the Pats have been targeted to lose -- there's no money in that game.  It's more likely that someone else was targeted to win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

While I think you have to lay the lion's share of the Pats' recent inability to finish at their own collective feet, I am more than a little bit concerned at how this ongoing focus on "safety" is placing more and more subjective decisions in the hands of the officials and we are -- and will be -- seeing less and less of the gladiators themselves actually deciding the outcomes.

Now, an objective person might argue that some of the examples cited here might smack of homerism (and then again, they might not), but I don't think anyone tunes in or buys his ticket to watch the officials move the ball up and down the field . . .   which, sadly, I saw far too much of last season.

From my perspective, the NFL is rapidly approaching NBA status as regards officiating and, if you're wondering, that ain't a good thing.

I think you nailed it. 

I've been noticing the trend of alot of subjective calls due to the safety issue (leading with the helmet, launching,  helmet to helmet, hitting the qb in the head whether by accident or not, going at the qb's knees etc. etc.).

They're trying to make a game that it is by nature, violent and dangerous to one's health playing it into something it could never be without messing with the integrity of the game itself.

The thought of the NFL turning into the NBA is too nauseating to even think about.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2013/04/02/pac-12-must-severely-penalize-ed-rush-to-uphold-conferences-integrity/

my SOURCES TELL ME THIS IS HOW ITS BEEN SINCE SPYGATE. ESP IN THE BIG GAMES. GOODY AND HIS BOYS MAKE IT CLEAR WHAT CALLS THEY WANT AND WHAT PENALTIES THEY need thrown and sometimes.. WHEN.. guys get cancun trips and more than $5k for compliance thru the head ref and voila...very subtle! we just need someone to snitch.. umm, be a whistleblower.

does this include the "breath on tom brady and it's a 15 yard penalty" rule?

Eli is tied with Brady at 0.16 roughing the passer calls per 100 pass attempts.  Neither of them get many calls compared to the league average.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I have said this many a time....but I'll say it again....I have even instructed the following to be written on my grave stone........

The 1976 Playoff Game between the Raiders and the Patriots was fixed.

It was because Goodell hates the Pats

It was because the media hates BB

it was because if thePats won that game and somehow made it to the SB, Brady would have played poorly 

yeah, it must have been fixed

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Wise guys or versions therof have been trolling the aisles of professional sports since  time in memoriam.  It's not much of a reach to conclude that a 9.5 Billion Dollar enterprise such as the NFL isn't complicit in field-leveling activities to whatever degree...

All for the greater good of course...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

I have said this many a time....but I'll say it again....I have even instructed the following to be written on my grave stone........

If it was, it's a good example of what is being talked about above. It's a business and a Steelers/Raiders matchup for ratings was more money than a Pats/Steelers match up at that time.

So, Ben Dreith, having an oppprutnity to influence the Raiders possibly winning by giving them a fresh set of downs, is a possiiblity in itself.

Absolutely.

What's funny about it, is the Raiders are the WHINIEST set of players I've ever seen, specially Gene Atkinson.  To this day, when he talks about the Steelers or the Tuck Rule, he acts like the Raiders never got help from the refs.

Al Davis used to play the victim role all the time and his players did too, meanwhile a thug like Jack Tatum was running around trying to club people in the head with a towel wrap around his forearm.

Later, I was additionally troubled by the revelations of Stabler's many links and connections with Organized Crime.....It wasn't just the phantom call on Hamilton....I believe there were 4 calls on the Pats that entire drive. It just seemed that Oakland had to win that game....by whatever means required.

I remember that game well and completely agree.  I was in college and had a bet with a Pats hater from NY.   The calls in that game were so bad that even  he refused to take my money.

That's the only championship the Pats were ever robbed of IMO.   Since 2004, they've had their chances several times, just couldn't make one or two more clutch plays in the playoffs, on either side of the ball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

It was because Goodell hates the Pats

It was because the media hates BB

it was because if thePats won that game and somehow made it to the SB, Brady would have played poorly 

yeah, it must have been fixed

Ah.....Goodell was 17 in 1976?????????????????

Your point totally escapes me....but I am getting senile in my old age so it may be me.....

Sections
Shortcuts