Referees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Referees

I pray we have a great refering crew next week.
    I saw Lewis throw a forearm at a reciever as he was going down and the ref was right there and nothing was called.
    A fumble not called and a ghost hit to Rodgers head called.
    Not to mention a clear hold by NY on the last long run to the 3 yd line. Which again the ref was right there.

I have never been so worried about the refs in the NFL controling games with calls and non calls.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from robertebishop. Show robertebishop's posts

Re: Referees

I agree.  I just wish we were as good as the colts organizationally. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

i have been disgusted by the refs in most of the games this post season (and regular season).  the niners game seemed clean, and the pats game seemed clean, but everything else has been very very sketchy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Yup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

In Response to Referees:
    [QUOTE]I pray we have a great refering crew next week. I saw Lewis throw a forearm at a reciever as he was going down and the ref was right there and nothing was called. A fumble not called and a ghost hit to Rodgers head called. Not to mention a clear hold by NY on the last long run to the 3 yd line. Which again the ref was right there. I have never been so worried about the refs in the NFL controling games with calls and non calls.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Jim.  The refereeing has been abysmal this postseason.  I just hope it doesn't affect games next week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

The crews working the AFC games were much much better than their NFC crew counterparts.  They kept the flags in and let the players play.  

The crew working the GB/NYG game was the same one who screwed Seattle in the Super Bowl.  The head ref is still getting high profile games and messing them up.  The NFL HAS to fix it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Referees:
    [QUOTE]Yup.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

chris you and others may not have liked the call but at the time (all though an obscure rule) it was according to the rules.

I'm talking about some calls that could have swung the results of the game that were blantantly WRONG.

Big difference between wong calls and calls that are according to the rules that people disliked.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They certainly wante GB and NO to win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Referees : chris you and others may not have liked the call but at the time (all though an obscure rule) it was according to the rules. I'm talking about some calls that could have swung the results of the game that were blantantly WRONG. Big difference between wong calls and calls that are according to the rules that people disliked.
    You're on it, Jim. In Green Bay(Jennings' fumble) I'm watching from the couch and I get it, he lost the ball. The guys calling the game get it. Mike Pereira got it. Most everyone commenting online during the game gets it, yet, somehow the "official" reviewing the play doesn't. This/these review(s) are sometimes so ridiculously lengthy that one can't help but wonder if the man under the draping isn't fielding phone calls from Roger Goodell's peops instead of actually judging the play.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

Whos ref for this sunday?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

IMHO.. neither the Pats or the Ravens are referee favs.  Ravens are a whining team when it comes to zebra calls.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds like Goodell is actually going to wake up for once and now have only full time refs in 2012. Bout time!!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

He said they may have 10 FT officials. Hmmmmm they play 14 games per week because 4 teams have byes 32-4=28/2=14. So we have 4 games with no FT official. On top of that there are 6 per game 6X14=84 or on 74 Non Full time officials. Seems to me if they paid these guy 100K each or 840,000 they might actually have something right

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

that call on the jennings fumble was horrendous...but other than them missing holding calls, i like that they are letting defenses play physical, it makes for much more entertaining football.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]The crews working the AFC games were much much better than their NFC crew counterparts.  They kept the flags in and let the players play.   The crew working the GB/NYG game was the same one who screwed Seattle in the Super Bowl.  The head ref is still getting high profile games and messing them up.  The NFL HAS to fix it.
    Posted by Ytsejamer1[/QUOTE]

That is interesting that that is the same ref who worked the SEA/Pitt Super Bowl, b/c there were a couple calls in the NYG/GB game yesterday that were beyond awful.  Not only the fumble that was but wasn't but Umenyiora got flagged for a non-existant blow to the head on Rodgers while there were a couple occasions where it looked like GB was taking some late hits on Eli.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

Official score of the Giants vs Green Bay:
    Giants 37 Packers 6 Bill Leavy 14

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The NFL is quickly catching up to the NBA's terrible officiating

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The Refs don't know what PI is
    So how can thye call it right?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I've been saying it for years! Welcome to the WWNFL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ipats. Show ipats's posts

Looks like Ed Hercules is doing the NFC game, Al Riveron is doing the AFC game.

His crew had some issues in the Miami game Christmas eve. 

http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-referees-by-season/2011-crews/playoffssuper-bowl/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Referees:
    [QUOTE]I pray we have a great refering crew next week. I saw Lewis throw a forearm at a reciever as he was going down and the ref was right there and nothing was called. A fumble not called and a ghost hit to Rodgers head called. Not to mention a clear hold by NY on the last long run to the 3 yd line. Which again the ref was right there. I have never been so worried about the refs in the NFL controling games with calls and non calls.

What really got me about the fumble was that the play was reviewed and still missed.

That was one of the most obvious calls ever "missed".  No one can tell us that every one of the officials agreed with that ruling...no way.  THere's no way they wanted Coughlin to throw that flag in the first place.