Refs out of control, possible solutions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Re: Refs out of control, possible solutions

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They miss more than they get right. I wouldn't call them out of control, I know they have been the reason for 3 of the 4 losses the Patriots have been given. they clearly need to define what PI's really are!

[/QUOTE]

you guys should be 9-5 (at best) so dont look that gift horse

[/QUOTE]

The giants should be 0-15. What a joke of franchise with the Jets actually being a superior team. lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:

the refs aren't out of control-this is just a product of technology making the viewer at home see EVERYTHING crystal clear from 10 different angles in super slo-mo...the refs are actually doing a good job and all this nonsense comes from the above plus 24 hr sports talk and simple minds...i would have thought after the Tuck Rule bs pats fans would NEVER get on an official again

I'm not getting on an official.  I am getting on the overall level of officiating across the NFL this year.  I am also getting on the calls that give an easy way to impact the outcome of a game from an official.  I agree that as fans we see the play from many angles and is why in my suggested improvements that the league expand the replay rule to include penalties from the refs.  This gives an in game check and balance vs. any corrupt officials.

[/QUOTE]

yes but I also disagree there are corrupt officials just because their calls went against ur team...that to me is the height of either being a sore loser or a conspiracy nut...missing a call or making a call wrong does not equal corruption - and like all homers/fans u don't realize and/or count the calls that go the Pats way-and believe me they do

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There are TWO things you can't take out of the job of refereeing:

#1 - the HUMAN element, as it comes with some subjectivity and, possibly, unconscious bias.

#2 - split second decision making.  A referee can't stand there and rehash the play in his/her mind and decide if there was a penalty or not.  At game speed, a split second decision and most are correct.

From the comfort of the couch, the camera angles of the play and with replays, it looks easy to do, doesn't it?  Look at it from field level and with all those bodies moving around.  May mean a totally different perspective for some here.

[/QUOTE]

+10

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They miss more than they get right. I wouldn't call them out of control, I know they have been the reason for 3 of the 4 losses the Patriots have been given. they clearly need to define what PI's really are!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still better than your record...by the way, take your own advice. Apparently you looked 2 gift horses in the mouth..or was it you have it to 2 gift horses in the arss?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still better than your record...by the way, take your own advice. Apparently you looked 2 gift horses in the mouth..or was it you have it to 2 gift horses in the arss?

[/QUOTE]

nah just the better team whenever we play u guys. : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to kman2004's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The giants should be 0-15. What a joke of franchise with the Jets actually being a superior team. lol

[/QUOTE]

DADDY'S

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

really jints? how you figure?

[/QUOTE]

gifted NO should have lost to Denver and Cleveland those games were handed on silver platter especially the choking gutless Browns

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here is solid proof that Jints loves the refs

Edit:

And why was the clock stopped again?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Rodimus77's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edit:

[/QUOTE]

translation: waaaaaaaaah!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

gifted NO should have lost to Denver and Cleveland those games were handed on silver platter especially the choking gutless Browns

[/QUOTE]

dude, you're not helping your status around here with the troll talk. C'mon you were making great progress to finally be accepted as a non-troll. I'd hate to see you in the same company as UD, meadowland mike, rusty and other such midget brains.

trurh is the Patriots would be 14-1 right now if not for the refs.

BTW, congrats on your boys beating the dying lions. good luck against the redskins,maybe you guys can get to 7-9. must be rough missing the playoffs back to back seasons. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

dude, you're not helping your status around here with the troll talk. C'mon you were making great progress to finally be accepted as a non-troll. I'd hate to see you in the same company as UD, meadowland mike, rusty and other such midget brains.

trurh is the Patriots would be 14-1 right now if not for the refs.

BTW, congrats on your boys beating the dying lions. good luck against the redskins,maybe you guys can get to 7-9. must be rough missing the playoffs back to back seasons. 

[/QUOTE]

I will never be in the category of the above mentioned no matter what I do or say especially Rusty...that is beyond mere mortals...14-1? Come now....first off 2 of the 3 calls were correct-I'll give u the Keuchly or however u spell his name...refs gave u Saints...and Pats had no business winning either Denver ir Cleveland those weren't won they were handed to you..add it up: 5 losses u should have and got away with 4 of them

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

I will never be in the category of the above mentioned no matter what I do or say especially Rusty...that is beyond mere mortals...14-1? Come now....first off 2 of the 3 calls were correct-I'll give u the Keuchly or however u spell his name...refs gave u Saints...and Pats had no business winning either Denver ir Cleveland those weren't won they were handed to you..add it up: 5 losses u should have and got away with 4 of them

[/QUOTE]

Karma evens out when you figure the refs jobbed us out of the Jets game for sure.  It was the first and only time that this penalty has ever been called in the history of the NFL.  They just made up an obscure rule and waited with that in the back pocket for point shaving.

The Panther's game had a player dry humping Gronk's leg while bear hugging him and there was no call.

We definately got calls in other games as well and they seemed to have evened out... but it is a very scary proposal.

The entire point of the thread is that too many of the games this year have come down to calls with the refs.  These are four to five games that were basically decided by referee calls right here.  It is a problem across the league and it seems more apparent this year then in years past.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to antibody's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No more part-timers. I think it's long past time that the NFL employs people who's sole occupation is officiating. The league can certainly afford this. Also believe that there should be minimum physical, if not age requirements for on field officials.  

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the pay should be high, the training and accountability should be tough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he doesnt figure hes just jealous because his team stinks and is at the beginning of a long long long rebuilding phase lol. we have already rebuilt while remaining competitive.

as far as the refs i agree with a lot of what rsdortiz says. especially eliminating the grey area on pass interferance. we lost a superbowl because of a bogus call in the afc championship against the colts. had there been replay it would have shown that the patriot db never even touched the fallen colt reciever. instead of fourth and long the colts got first and goal at the one

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Rules for pass interference calls should be limited to a minor and a major penalty.  There is too much judgement call right now as to intent and there is a lack of consistency with calls from ref to ref.  This means that they can still have some judgement input, but it can only be the foul assigned to a facemask... 5 yards for a minor and 15 for a major. "

Agree that refs are out of control and officiating badly in ways that make the games almost unwatcheable. 

However, your PI solution won't work, as if a defender knows they can only get 15 yards, they will take to clobbering guys when they are beaten on longer passes. 

I'd like a modified rule: regular PI, 10 yard penalty, and a flagrant PI, which can only be awarded by booth review. The guys in the booth are alert to any PI calls and have the option to review on the spot and upgrade to a flagrant - the flagrant PI would be at the spot of the foul. I think something like this could help a lot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"you guys should be 9-5 (at best) so dont look that gift horse"

wow you really are clueless jints. The two officials calls that decided games on our schedule both went against us. 

You can debate whether those were the right or wrong calls if you want, but the fact remains: the only two games on our schedule this year that were decided by refs went against us (Jets and Panthers). 

But it doesn't matter. Even if you are neutral to any one team, you have to see how bad the officiating has been - on all sides. 

I'm getting fed up with low IQ trolls from other teams thinking these officiating threads are about their team and ours. It's about the future of the NFL and wanting to see officials make better calls and influence the outcomes less - whether those outcomes go your way or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edit:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Jints, I can admit Brady fumbled. Can you admit what's wrong with that pic? And why was the clock stopped?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edit:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Jints, I can admit Brady fumbled. Can you admit what's wrong with that pic? And why was the clock stopped?

[/QUOTE]

I can admit u had every chance to beat the Jints last three times u played them-twice on a neutral field and once at home and ur 0-3 ...u got zero class Rod but. I still wish u a very Merry Christmas

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Karma evens out when you figure the refs jobbed us out of the Jets game for sure.  It was the first and only time that this penalty has ever been called in the history of the NFL.  They just made up an obscure rule and waited with that in the back pocket for point shaving.

The Panther's game had a player dry humping Gronk's leg while bear hugging him and there was no call.

We definately got calls in other games as well and they seemed to have evened out... but it is a very scary proposal.

The entire point of the thread is that too many of the games this year have come down to calls with the refs.  These are four to five games that were basically decided by referee calls right here.  It is a problem across the league and it seems more apparent this year then in years past.

[/QUOTE]

I hear u Papi

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he doesnt figure hes just jealous because his team stinks and is at the beginning of a long long long rebuilding phase lol. we have already rebuilt while remaining competitive.

as far as the refs i agree with a lot of what rsdortiz says. especially eliminating the grey area on pass interferance. we lost a superbowl because of a bogus call in the afc championship against the colts. had there been replay it would have shown that the patriot db never even touched the fallen colt reciever. instead of fourth and long the colts got first and goal at the one

[/QUOTE]

long long long rebuilding LOLLOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"you guys should be 9-5 (at best) so dont look that gift horse"

wow you really are clueless jints. The two officials calls that decided games on our schedule both went against us. 

You can debate whether those were the right or wrong calls if you want, but the fact remains: the only two games on our schedule this year that were decided by refs went against us (Jets and Panthers). 

But it doesn't matter. Even if you are neutral to any one team, you have to see how bad the officiating has been - on all sides. 

I'm getting fed up with low IQ trolls from other teams thinking these officiating threads are about their team and ours. It's about the future of the NFL and wanting to see officials make better calls and influence the outcomes less - whether those outcomes go your way or not.

I had to Christmas it up and make it a nice post because you had some good points.

:-D

Enjoy the holidays guys

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edit:

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can admit u had every chance to beat the Jints last three times u played them-twice on a neutral field and once at home and ur 0-3 ...u got zero class Rod but. I still wish u a very Merry Christmas

[/QUOTE]

Wow....you dropped the "zero class" title on me? Really? I'm actually laughing as I'm typing this. Mr. 42and46 called me classless? Mr. Eli-2 Tom-0 called me classless? Now I've seen everything. Still have yet to answer my questions, but I guess the insults tell me everything I need to know. Happy Holidays Jints. Tough break this year about Eli "Interception" Manning and his Little Giants. Maybe 10 wins will be achieved next season. lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[/QUOTE]

Wow....you dropped the "zero class" title on me? Really? I'm actually laughing as I'm typing this. Mr. 42and46 called me classless? Mr. Eli-2 Tom-0 called me classless? Now I've seen everything. Still have yet to answer my questions, but I guess the insults tell me everything I need to know. Happy Holidays Jints. Tough break this year about Eli "Interception" Manning and his Little Giants. Maybe 10 wins will be achieved next season. lol

[/QUOTE]

Even the Germans called a truce on Christmas during WWI... give it a break guys

http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/worldwari/p/xmastruce.htm

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm not mad dude. No anger in me whatsoever. But you're right, it's Christmas!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm not mad dude. No anger in me whatsoever. But you're right, it's Christmas!  

[/QUOTE]

:-D

Have a good one man

Sections
Shortcuts