Reggie Wayne to Patriots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Reggie Wayne to Patriots?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/12/reggie-wayne-hasnt-heard-from-colts-open-to-playing-for-patriots/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Re: Reggie Wayne to Patriots?

All for it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

not for it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd pay him what we payed Ocho and know that this guy will get a hell of a lot more catches than 15. Of course a guy being 33 is not something that you want to answer all your receiver problems, but he doesn't have to be the answer, just a piece that we are missing (an outside threat).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Incentive laden contract (That are attainable for a #3 WR)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I would take him in a heartbeat.

He would be a major upgrade over Branch.

Would still prefer Lloyd over Wayne but Wayne would be cheaper then Lloyd, IMO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

Depends , how many years , how much guaranteed? The guy is a proven winner and still has plenty left in the tank. More importantly , I still believe he has something to prove. I wouldn't mind a two-three year deal if the money was right. If not there's a few wr's in the draft worth a serious look. Whether or not your in favor of our offensive strategy , it can't hurt to add another threat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

At first I was thinking nah, but the more I think about wayne to pats the more I'm liking it. So let's see: Sign Wayne Trade one of our second round picks to Carolina for j stewart who is a three down back who can catch out of the backfield. Resign WELKER of course plus two te's BB could have a combo of the 04/07/11 offenses! Go pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Reggie Wayne to Patriots?:
    At first I was thinking nah, but the more I think about wayne to pats the more I'm liking it. So let's see: Sign Wayne Trade one of our second round picks to Carolina for j stewart who is a three down back who can catch out of the backfield. Resign WELKER of course plus two te's BB could have a combo of the 04/07/11 offenses! Go pats!
    Posted by NOISE

Don't we already have enough RB's?  Varheen and Ridley did not get a chance to prove themselves as replacements for Faulk

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

I'm concerned how much he was iso'd on one side of the field in Indy, they rarely (if ever) moved him from his spot out wide and left...Pats offense has so much shifting, I don't doubt that he could handle it mentally, but I felt the same about Ocho.  And that didn't work out.  I'd rather Llloyd, superior athlete at this point in his career.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

NOOOOO 85 part II

we need a YOUNG, fast WR.... Lloyd or a first round wr

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

He made 60 catches with a nobody at QB so he's got something left in him.

I've read they take a $3 million hit in the salary cap on cutting Ocho though, is that correct?

There are supposedly somewhere around 600 free agents soon available (not all unrestricted) and the Pats have from what I've read somewhere around $25 million available, more if they rollover last years cap room so they can upgrade where they need to and then draft for the furture.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Doesn't solve our deep threat problem, they can sign him ONLY as a replacement to Deion Branch. They need to aggressively go after Robert Meachem, this guy is a 6'2 WR with burst. 

He's a Saints WR so you know he's tall, fast, has good hands. In fact, most of Drew Brees' 20+ yard completions go to Meachem. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

On The WR Position  
    My Take Is : 
    1. cut Ocho , 
    2. Part well with branch . 
    3. Keep Edelman For special teams and welker insurance. 
    4. Draft 2 WR - If Malcolm Floyd Slides In Our Range Trade up . 
    5.Free Agents- Lyod 5-6M if he accepts Vincent Jackson if he agrees around 8-9M. 
    6. if 4 and 5 dont workout - sign randy moss for min vet , i think he is in great shape  
    and humbled and even can be a decoy much better than gronk in the sb. 
    7.Target return guy KR/CB round 4-5. 

develop young talent like PIT 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

Though Reggie may have a couple years left, he's not the player he was a few years ago. With the two young TEs they need a young WR as well. I wouldn't mind them going for Lloyd, and he's got a pretty good relationship with McDaniels. IMO they need to look at a first rounder at WR. A tall guy (like Moss was) who can go up and fight for the ball, and someone with speed who can draw coverage away from Welker and the TEs. Branch isn't getting it done any more. Chad doesn't seem to be on the same page with Brady (though maybe an offseason will change that). As far as RB goes, I don't see why they need to address that. BJGE is solid, and Ridley has shown flashes, as long as he can learn to hold onto the ball. The real needs are on defense. A blue chip pass rusher is needed badly. Someone who can make big plays like McGinest used to. I'd love to see them sign Goldson, but doubt the 49ers will let him walk away. As long as the defense lets the opposition control the clock and cannot stop those 4th quarter drives they cannot count on winning these close games. The offense is great, but you cannot expect them to hang 30+ on elite defenses...like you are bound to face in the playoffs. Hopefully with a full offseason they can make some progress. I was so disappointed in McCourty, and I think the lockout had a lot to do with his "sophomore slump". While I agree they need at least one deep threat WR, I don't think Wayne is a good investment. For a FA Lloyd would be the best option, IMO. Vincent Jackson may be a consideration, but he's had some issues which would need to be addressed. I don't think the Saints will want to let Meachem go, either. Though I'd love to see him in Foxboro!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'd like to fix the WR issues in FA. Draft D. We need a pass rush more then a WR and I cant see trading up on O.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You guys are annoying me with the resigning Welker AND signing Vincent Jackson or Brandon Lloyd whom have both stated they want the maximum WR money (15 mill is the maximum going rate thanks to Fitzy) and we all know that Welker wants the same or BB would've locked him up long ago. 

If you sign Welker and Jackson or Lloyd, thats about 30 million on two WRs. Plus the other WRs, at least 3 WRs that the Pats like to carry, that would bring the WR corps to 40 Million. Then you need to add Brady's 20 million dollar contract and the WRing corps and QB alone account for HALF the team's cap! 

Why do you guy's think the Colts sucked this year? They had 1/2 of the salary cap invested in Manning (16 mill), Collins(7 mill), Wayne (8 mill), Clark (7 mill), Freeny (16 mill) and Mathis (6 mill). Without Peyton, the offense didn't go and the defense suffered as well because with all this money is these players the Colts lack depth on both sides of the ball. 

Let Welker go, bring in young guys like we did with Gronk and Hernandez. Have Brady work with them, he's gotten too big for himself in refusing to throw to receivers who don't do things his way. Remember when Tom had Gaffney, Caldwell and Gabriel as primary WRs? Where was his refusal to throw to receivers then? The biggest problem with Tom in the postseason has been the fact that he's started picking favorites that the defenses zero in on and because he refuses to throw the ball to the Ocho, Slaters and others on the team his play suffers due to a lack of chemistry. 

Invest all the money in the defense! We won't win with an elite offense, but we've won with an elite defense. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Let Welker go, sign Meachem, Mike Sims-Walker, Eddie Royal and Pierre Garcon. 

Those five gentlemen will stretch the field, they won't cost a ton of money to get into camp (at most, signing the group will cost about 10 million) and if they don't work out Brady still has his two dynamic TEs as security blankets. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

LOL at thinking any 2 combinations of those recievers will run you 30 million a year. Absolutely ludicirous and note even close to reality. Absolutely laugable. Let's pretend Welker LLoyd and Wayne could ask for that kind of money at their ages and the agent not get hung up on immediately. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Mike Sims-Walker ??????
    Eddie Royal  ????

I Rather Have Ocho than these scrubs , Sims Walker got cut three rtimes during the season 
    and than landed on IR.

Would You rather have edelman over walker ??
    We need to bring FA WR its all about The $$$

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss and Brandon Lloyd, if we can pick 2 of them for Tom Brady to work with that would be awsome in addition of Gronk, Hernandez and BenJarvis.  This offensive group will have enough power to compete with any elite team.  Hopefully, BB will do something nice for TB since he has a few years left to get more rings.
    Pats fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Mike Sims-Walker ?????? Eddie Royal  ???? I Rather Have Ocho than these scrubs , Sims Walker got cut three rtimes during the season  and than landed on IR. Would You rather have edelman over walker ?? We need to bring FA WR its all about The $$$
    Posted by yakv

Ocho isn't good enough to be a scrub.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

this is randy  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEA9qxSfcjk 

this is ocho find the differnces  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8RwOVtJj8M 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

FYI Reggie Wayne is only 2 and a half years older than Lloyd. And he put up 75 rec, 960 yds and 4 tds with high school JV quarterbacks. I'd take Wayne in a heartbeat. Brandon Lloyd is like this years Matt Roth, everyone is in love.

Not to mention Wayne hasn't missed 1 game since his rookie year. Dude is durable and reliable as they come.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss and Brandon Lloyd, if we can pick 2 of them for Tom Brady to work with that would be awsome in addition of Gronk, Hernandez and BenJarvis.  This offensive group will have enough power to compete with any elite team.  Hopefully, BB will do something nice for TB since he has a few years left to get more rings. Pats fan.
    Posted by profootball

I would take only one of the three (and I'd lean towards Wayne), the reason being is I don't want this offense to be filled with aging receivers that don't have the burst to separate anymore. The reason I'd take even one of them is because I'm assuming the young guy they draft won't learn the offense right away and won't be reliable enough.

Sections
Shortcuts