Reid has reached an agreement with the Chiefs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: Reid has reached an agreement with the Chiefs

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

If I were a Chiefs fan, I wouldn't be exicted about this hire. I mean what has he really done  For all the time he's been there, what has he really accomplished. Now they get to listen to the only coach in the NFL who gives a worse press conference than Bill Belichick.

Who would you rather have? A recycled Norv Turner? Wait on Rex RYan? Lovie Smith?

Mike McCoy might be a good one, but he's never been a head coach before.

Reid is the best coach they've had since Hank Stram for crying out loud.

I believe he has the highest winning% of ther last decade in the NFC. He was 3 points away from a SB against the Pats, had been to 4 NFC title games and very rarely had a losing season.

Ho hum.

Are you serious?

He's basically the Bill Cowher of the NFC excpet the NFL didn't forcibly try to gift him a SB ring.

Don't look at the last 3 years of him trying to save his job in Philly.  He's not a GM. He's a very good coach who had trouble finding a replacement for the FANTASTIC Def Coordinator, Jim Johnson, who passed away a few years ago.

He's Bill Parcells without a ring. Good coach, not so good a GM.

None of the above . thank you.  How many more fired, recycled coaches are the chiefs going to try before they give their fan base something to be exicited about!!! Why are all these guys available, cause they aren't winning. and I do agree with you on Jim Johnson, once he was gone, how good was Reid 

I guess you'd be happy if Belichick had the same record?--I know I would't

Yes, but I think you  have to realize how spoiled we are here with BB.  Up against the current crop of NFL coaches, he's a very good coach.

It's not like the pool of coaches available are anything great. They're all being recycled, minus Mike McCoy in Denver as an OC getting looks.

Lovie Smith, Ken Whisenhunt?

Reid just needs to not be given much GM power and he'll be fine.

Some would say once Crennel left how good was BB?  You can't compare the situations because every coach needs stable coordinators. It's a must. Look at Tomlin in Pitt. If Dick Lebeau retires, he's completely exposed as arguably the most overrated coach in the league.

He's overrated and always has been. 

agree on Tomlin , he's been riding Cowher s success for a while--now he's got an ageing defense and an offensive coordinator that the qb hates. so now we ll see what kind of a coach he is when he has to deal with problems and issues.

I think BB respected Crennel and Weiss--the best things those guys did for BB was challenge him, and he trusted them-just as he does McDaniels now. Bill can leave the offense to Josh and concentrate on defense

for me as a fan I'd rather Kelly or Ariens or O'brien or the other Kelly than Reid

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

If I were a Chiefs fan, I wouldn't be exicted about this hire. I mean what has he really done  For all the time he's been there, what has he really accomplished. Now they get to listen to the only coach in the NFL who gives a worse press conference than Bill Belichick.

Who would you rather have? A recycled Norv Turner? Wait on Rex RYan? Lovie Smith?

I believe he has the highest winning% of ther last decade in the NFC. He was 3 points away from a SB against the Pats, had been to 4 NFC title games and very rarely had a losing season.

Ho hum.

Are you serious?

He's basically the Bill Cowher of the NFC excpet the NFL didn't forcibly try to gift him a SB ring.

Don't look at the last 3 years of him trying to save his job in Philly.  He's not a GM. He's a very good coach who had trouble finding a replacement for the FANTASTIC Def Coordinator, Jim Johnson, who passed away a few years ago.

None of the above . thank you.  How many more fired, recycled coaches are the chiefs going to try before they give their fan base something to be exicited about!!! Why are all these guys available, cause they aren't winning. and I do agree with you on Jim Johnson, once he was gone, how good was Reid 

I guess you'd be happy if Belichick had the same record?--I know I would't

Yes, but I think you  have to realize how spoiled we are here with BB.  Up against the current crop of NFL coaches, he's a very good coach.

It's not like the pool of coaches available are anything great. They're all being recycled, minus Mike McCoy in Denver as an OC getting looks.

Lovie Smith, Ken Whisenhunt?

Reid just needs to not be given much GM power and he'll be fine.

Some would say once Crennel left how good was BB?  You can't compare the situations because every coach needs stable coordinators. It's a must. Look at Tomlin in Pitt. If Dick Lebeau retires, he's completely exposed as arguably the most overrated coach in the league.

He's overrated and always has been. 

agree on Tomlin , he's been riding Cowher s success for a while--now he's got an ageing defense and an offensive coordinator that the qb hates. so now we ll see what kind of a coach he is when he has to deal with problems and issues.

I think BB respected Crennel and Weiss--the best things those guys did for BB was challenge him, and he trusted them-just as he does McDaniels now. Bill can leave the offense to Josh and concentrate on defense

for me as a fan I'd rather Kelly or Ariens or O'brien or the other Kelly than Reid

I think you've hit the nail on the head...it's not about a head coach as a singular leader, it's about having the trusted senior coaches around him.

I'm glad someone mentioned Jim Johnson.  The Eagles were successful when their D was smart, unpredictable, fast, and scary...some similarities to the Pats

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Ho hum.

Are you serious?

ur pathetic...really

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

I'm of two minds about the whole NFL retread thing.

On one hand, you've got a guy who had an incredible run of second-tier success who figured out exactly what not to do to take that one last step . . .

And on the other hand you've got the Chefs . . .  once (and quite recently) the fashionable pick as the next up-and-comer in the AFC who -- it turns out -- are really just . . .  well . . .   you know . . .  the same old Chefs.

We know what Reid can do (or, more specifically, can't do) with a talented but flawed team on the doorstep of success. I'm having a little trouble believing he'll fare any differently with a talented but flawed team basking in the joyous throes of ineptitude.

if reid had brady or manning he has rings

Sections
Shortcuts