Reid has reached an agreement with the Chiefs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Reid has reached an agreement with the Chiefs

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

From @mortreport and me: Andy Reid has reached agreement to become next HC of Chiefs, pending review of contract by each side's attorneys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Reid has reached an agreement with the Chiefs

I thought Rkarp had the inside scoop that told him he's going to Arizona? hahaaa

Congrats, Andy.  I've always liked Reid and I wish him luck in KC.  They have a lot of young talent and the #1 pick in this year's draft so a lot of potential for Reid to turn things around.

Do people really think they'll pick Geno Smith at #1? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

think they gave him some of Pioli's power?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Rkarp had the inside scoop that told him he's going to Arizona? hahaaa

Congrats, Andy.  I've always liked Reid and I wish him luck in KC.  They have a lot of young talent and the #1 pick in this year's draft so a lot of potential for Reid to turn things around.

[/QUOTE]

Irish, are you Sully? You really, really sound like him. I know you come on these boards under multiple names, is this one of them?

If you read my post, I simply stated "sounds like it is a done deal that Reid is going to the Cards", which is what every media outlet was saying. Why do you interpret that as I have an inside scoop?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Irish, are you Sully? You really, really sound like him. I know you come on these boards under multiple names, is this one of them?

If you read my post, I simply stated "sounds like it is a done deal that Reid is going to the Cards", which is what every media outlet was saying. Why do you interpret that as I have an inside scoop?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am "Sully".  You're brilliant, dude.  I've stated numerous times who I am to Babe and that knucklehead TomHab. 

The only other board name I've had was BelichicksDisciples7 but it got banned for some reason back in 2009.

Just because Rusty and I agree on most things regarding the Pats does not mean that we are the same person.  It's childish to deem somebody to be another person because you don't like either person's view; your accusations are erroenous.

Lastly, I was just poking a little fun at you because you've numerously stated that "my sources say" such and such.  Also, you bash BB constantly which irks most of us here so I thought that I would point out your failed prediction.  I hope I didn't hurt your feelings; it's all in good fun.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RKarp loses again. Absolutely priceless. I was right again.  Hmm.

Should be interesting if Pioli is now removed based on what Reid asked for.  Personally, I think it's a mistake, because Reid's GM contribtuions were not good in recent years, which is a large reason why he was let go.

Roseman was the guy who deferred to Reid on Vick and very likely the choices in the 2011 shopping spree.

The best fit for KC would be to apply the Pioli drafting/salary allocation skills with Reid's leadership skills and coaching. That's it.  It's been reported that Pioli and Reid get along well, so it should be a perfect match what the Chiefs need.

[/QUOTE]

Is there any substance to the premise that Reid had all GM duties in Philly?  I didn't think that Reid had all of the GM duties there, rather that Roseman held the reigns when it came to FA.  I know Reid was the head hancho with drafting, but I thought Roseman was behind the whole spending spree.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm of two minds about the whole NFL retread thing.

On one hand, you've got a guy who had an incredible run of second-tier success who figured out exactly what not to do to take that one last step . . .

And on the other hand you've got the Chefs . . .  once (and quite recently) the fashionable pick as the next up-and-comer in the AFC who -- it turns out -- are really just . . .  well . . .   you know . . .  the same old Chefs.

We know what Reid can do (or, more specifically, can't do) with a talented but flawed team on the doorstep of success. I'm having a little trouble believing he'll fare any differently with a talented but flawed team basking in the joyous throes of ineptitude.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

why would you hurt my feelings? I posted what every media outlet reported. You even commented on it saying you thought the Cards job was a good job for Reid. It was. KC offered Reid a lot of money. Reid changed his mind. What has any of that got to do with me?

Sully says "he wins"...I am unclear on what was won? Other than Reid made a ton of money to work for a weak owner, and it appears that Pioli is out.

What does any of it have to do with us, other than we enjoy commenting on it?

But you sound exactly like Sully??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Reid is a good coach outside the fact that he kills Qb's career with his 70/30 pass to run ratio. I would imagine he bring along M.Vick because no other Qb would be dumb enough to run his suicide offense.  Cassel is done and Brady Quinn likes  his pretty boy image too much to be killed every play....lol, so Im saying Reid trades for Colt McCoy and hopefully is smart enough to lean on Jamal Charles.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

why would you hurt my feelings? I posted what every media outlet reported. You even commented on it saying you thought the Cards job was a good job for Reid. It was. KC offered Reid a lot of money. Reid changed his mind. What has any of that got to do with me?

Sully says "he wins"...I am unclear on what was won? Other than Reid made a ton of money to work for a weak owner, and it appears that Pioli is out.

[/QUOTE]

To answer your question, no, I don't sound like 'Sully'. 

But like I said, I was messing with you dude.  You like to claim BB is often wrong so I wanted to point out that you were wrong. Relaxx

I thought Andy to Arizona was a good fit for him with Kolb, young talent on offense and defense, staying in NFC, etc. 

But I believed Reid was going to succeed wherever he went.  He's a great coach that needed a fresh start away from Philly.  Whether it be KC or ARI, I thought he would turn either team around in a matter of 3 years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Reid is a good coach outside the fact that he kills Qb's career with his 70/30 pass to run ratio. I would imagine he bring along M.Vick because no other Qb would be dumb enough to run his suicide offense.  Cassel is done and Brady Quinn likes  his pretty boy image too much to be killed every play....lol, so Im saying Reid trades for Colt McCoy and hopefully is smart enough to lean on Jamal Charles.

[/QUOTE]

You mean Reid needs more Balance??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yupp.  Agree with everything you said except I doubt he tries to build around a guy like Colt McCoy.  I don't think he's a franchise QB.  It's too bad there's absolutely no talent in the draft considering they have the #1 pick.  Andy can't catch a break. lol

But in regards to the usage of Charles, ain't gonna happen.  Look what he did with McCoy this year.  He has one of the best backs in the league yet he gives him 12 carries a game?  That's like what dum bass Cam Cameron did in Baltimore.  You have one of the best backs in the league, use him, dummy!

I'll be interested to see if Vick follows him to KC.  I still think Vick can be successful in this league (yes, I'm VT biased) but he had an absolutely AWFUL line in Philly and this whole season was a mirage.  Everything went bad for Philly.  I think Vick deserves another chance somewhere.

Lastly, LOL @ Brady Quinn.  Mark Sanchez + Ryan Leaf combination. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

WOW! I really think the Cards would have been a better choice.  I read yesterday that the Chiefs were looking into someone as their G.M. so is Pioli on his way out?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I won because I think you specifically RUSHED to post "Reid to Arizona' on the heels of me speaking with your buddy Hurlie in another thread about why I felt Hunt Jr's main issue was not paying for a coach, and Pioli being scapegoated a bit.

I have no inside info, nothing. The logic was that Pioli has actually done a good job with personnel, but that they needed to PAY for a quality coach for once. I then listed all the crappy or average coaches they had there.

Then, when it was rumored that Reid was a done deal in Arizona, you knee jerked a thread up here to clearly try to show me up.

LOL

It's so obvious.

Here's a suggestion, which I shouldn't be telling a 60 something supposed millionaire who claims to have run his own bustling video entertainment business:

Don't lean on other people for analysis. Use your own skills and use reason.  Chris Mortensen at ESPN is nothing but a guy who just relays speculation to drive ratings for his employer, and yours which is ESPN.

What's sad is, I know more than Chris Mortensen or Cris Carter or anyone lazy moron at ESPN.

I use my brain.  It doesn't really matter who is wrong or who is right, it's that you're trying re-establish leverage here to defelct from your ultra embarrassing week this past week.  We all know it.

You've had like 4 or 5 pathetic premises here that absolutely blew up in your face as you pose as a Pats fan, but really are a Jets fan.

[/QUOTE]

you "won" because I commented on something that was reported in the media? and I rushed my commenting on it because you said something to some one else? Wow, you are one sick person that needs to get a life.

I have had 4-5 "pathetic premises"?

Lets see, I said the Jets GM job is a dream job, which I have backed up after having discussed over the years with many, many young people from the Pats org. I think it will also prove correct once the GM is announced by the Jets.

I also said BB was a poor drafter in 2006-2009, but staged a remarkable comeback 2010-12. No one has proven me incorrect on that comment, as the proof is out of the league (all the players drafted and cut)

I also said that I heard that the Jets wanted Lombardi, and he them,  but it appears he is pricing himself out of every opening, and if he doesnt lower his demands, ecpect him to remain on NFL network.

I also commented that I feel the Pats need an upgrade along both the interior OL and DL.

Wow, those are really "pathetic comments"...huh?

Like I said, you are one sick individual that needs to get a life...what a loser.

Rkarp-278

Sully-0

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oops, I spoke too soon.  Pioli has been fired!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

If I were a Chiefs fan, I wouldn't be exicted about this hire. I mean what has he really done  For all the time he's been there, what has he really accomplished. Now they get to listen to the only coach in the NFL who gives a worse press conference than Bill Belichick.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If I were a Chiefs fan, I wouldn't be exicted about this hire. I mean what has he really done  For all the time he's been there, what has he really accomplished. Now they get to listen to the only coach in the NFL who gives a worse press conference than Bill Belichick.

[/QUOTE]

Amen, Gamer. As I stated previously in another Reid related thread, Reid is vastly overrated: http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2012/11/eckel_anatomy_of_a_disaster_th.html

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who would you rather have? A recycled Norv Turner? Wait on Rex RYan? Lovie Smith?

Mike McCoy might be a good one, but he's never been a head coach before.

Reid is the best coach they've had since Hank Stram for crying out loud.

I believe he has the highest winning% of ther last decade in the NFC. He was 3 points away from a SB against the Pats, had been to 4 NFC title games and very rarely had a losing season.

Ho hum.

Are you serious?

He's basically the Bill Cowher of the NFC excpet the NFL didn't forcibly try to gift him a SB ring.

Don't look at the last 3 years of him trying to save his job in Philly.  He's not a GM. He's a very good coach who had trouble finding a replacement for the FANTASTIC Def Coordinator, Jim Johnson, who passed away a few years ago.

He's Bill Parcells without a ring. Good coach, not so good a GM.

[/QUOTE]  None of the above . thank you.  How many more fired, recycled coaches are the chiefs going to try before they give their fan base something to be exicited about!!! Why are all these guys available, cause they aren't winning. and I do agree with you on Jim Johnson, once he was gone, how good was Reid 

I guess you'd be happy if Belichick had the same record?--I know I would't

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm of two minds about the whole NFL retread thing.

On one hand, you've got a guy who had an incredible run of second-tier success who figured out exactly what not to do to take that one last step . . .

And on the other hand you've got the Chefs . . .  once (and quite recently) the fashionable pick as the next up-and-comer in the AFC who -- it turns out -- are really just . . .  well . . .   you know . . .  the same old Chefs.

We know what Reid can do (or, more specifically, can't do) with a talented but flawed team on the doorstep of success. I'm having a little trouble believing he'll fare any differently with a talented but flawed team basking in the joyous throes of ineptitude.

[/QUOTE]

You're exactly right p-mike. I've been saying since the superbowl that the Eagles will never win it all with him at the reigns. Yesterday on 94WIP Jeremiah Trotter backed that statement up. He said if Reid's team was facing another of equal talent in a big game they would lose because Reid would be out-coached. Trotter actually likes Reid as a person so there is no axe to grind with him, he just doesn't have enough faith in his ability to make smart decisions when everything is on the line

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts