1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Reid to the Cardinals

Sounds like a done deal

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Reid to the Cardinals

That was fast!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Very interesting this is all coming out so quickly....With the Rooney Rule! Wow!  Wonder if this will come back to bite the Cardinals in the @ss!  

Reid to Cardinals moving quickly, differing reports on Heckert joining him

Posted by Josh Alper on January 1, 2013, 5:25 PM EST Detroit Lions v Philadelphia EaglesGetty Images

We've already seen one report on Tuesday that the Cardinals are very close to hiring Andy Reid to be their next head coach and now comes one that says the Cardinals want to move as quickly as possible to get Reid in the fold.

Adam Schefter of ESPN spoke to a source who was 95 percent certain that Reid would wind up as the teams next head coach and to an assistant who said that Reid has been working to put together a staff to join him. It might not be more than a couple of days before Reid officially joins the team. Schefter reports that defensive coordinator Ray Horton will interview for the top job on Wednesday, a meeting that would satisfy the Rooney Rule and allow the team to move forward with Reid.

Tuesday also brought a report from Kenny Roda of ESPN 850 in Cleveland that former Browns General Manager Tom Heckert would join Reid in Arizona, a reunion that others have speculated about given their past relationship in Philadelphia. Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealerreports that her sources say Heckert is very unlikely to wind up in Arizona and that he has interviews lined up elsewhere. Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic hasnt heard anything on Heckert and reports that Horton will be interviewing Tuesday afternoon, which could speed the whole process up even more.

Things should sort themselves out soon enough as the Cardinals appear poised to be the first of the teams to replace the coach they fired on Monday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

You know all those trades that were made between the Pats and Eagles?  There was at least one per year for like 12 years straight.  I wonder if that trend will still continue wherever he ends up.

They have the #7 pick this year.  Maybe that might be too high for us to acquire, but moving up from 64th to 39th might be more of a possibility.  It's still a long ways off, but I'll be keeping an eye on these guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sounds like a done deal

[/QUOTE]

smart move-they have talent and underachieved this year

solid aggressive D and Reid will shape up that O

they will be dangerous with Andy Reid and soon

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Mike Vick, welcome to the division of mobile QBs?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

For Reid not to listen to any other offers the Cards must of knocked his socks off.  He'll have a lot of say in how the team is run.  Going to a domed stadium though.  That kinda surprises me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For Reid not to listen to any other offers the Cards must of knocked his socks off.  He'll have a lot of say in how the team is run.  Going to a domed stadium though.  That kinda surprises me.

[/QUOTE]

Not a done deal, gary. He hasn't even interviewed yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I forgot the Kevin kolb part of the cardinal dynamic.  I also believe that the trade string between Reid and belichick was broken this past year.  It was like 8 years in a row.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I forgot the Kevin kolb part of the cardinal dynamic.  I also believe that the trade string between Reid and belichick was broken this past year.  It was like 8 years in a row.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

yeah there was another thread started on this about 6 hours prior

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yeah there was another thread started on this about 6 hours prior

[/QUOTE]

I didnt see it? I see I posted on Jan 1 and you posted the same thing on Jan2. Was there an earlier post?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Rumor has it that he'll entertain a call from the chiefs too.  Talk about doomed   Be better off to go to the bears. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I honestly think this is a good move for the Cardinals.  I still think Reid can coach in this league; besides Bill, Reid has been the most consistent coach in the NFL over the past decade.  I also think he'll help revamp Kolb's career, who did a pretty decent job in Philly.

I think Andy lost that locker room, had a QB dilemma, had too many injuries, and the signing of all those 'studs' for the 'dream team' back in 2010 backfired and led to his demise.  You can't just go out and sign 8-10 'superstar' type players and plug them into the system and expect it to work. 

Going to Arizona where they already have an ascending, young, and agressive defense will help the transition.  They also have a ton of young talent on the offensive side of the ball.  Michael Floyd, Ryan Williams (if/when he becomes healthy), Fitzy is still an elite threat, etc.  Rebuild the O-Line and you're looking at a team that will contend for the playoffs for years to come.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Won't matter, as long as there is a Bidwell drawing breath and running the Cardinals. They need a 100%, dye in the wool, no nonsense FOOTBALL guy to run that show. They had a good deal with Whisenhut, but blew it stupid, crazy, and just plain dumb decisions. It's a destination place, new stadium, and fans craving for good football since 1988. But, there's the Bidwells....... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Now it looks like Andy Reid will entertain the KC job prior to signing off with the Cards. Also read the below article today, very interesting. Bascially a love affair bewteen Eagles owner Jeff Lurie and the Pats Organization.Lurie wants Chip Kelley or Billy O'Brien as next HC.

Rich Hofmann / Philadelphia Daily News

What follows is based not upon somebody whispering in my ear. It is more about body language, and tone of voice, and reading between the lines, and understanding the history. It falls somewhere between an educated guess and a gut instinct.
    This: that Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie likely wants either Chip Kelly or Bill O'Brien to be his next head coach.
    To understand why, it is best to begin with a statistic. It is a rather arcane number, to be honest. It isn't in the box score and people do not quote it very often. Whether or not it computes to winning in the NFL is open to debate. More than anything, it suggests a stylistic choice.
    This number: offensive plays per game.
    The New England Patriots led the NFL in plays this season with 1,191. That is 16 percent above the NFL average. In the last three weeks, though, the Pats have begun to rev up their offense in a way that the NFL might never have seen. Maybe they were just getting better at it over time, or maybe they waited to unfurl the thing in its full fury until right before the start of the playoffs, but over the last three games their play total has been a full 25 percent above the league average.
    Every team has a no-huddle option. The Eagles played pretty fast overall under Andy Reid and Marty Mornhinweg, and they often found their way out of offensive doldrums over the years by going with a strategic no-huddle series or two. But playing fast as a consistent philosophy — as the essence of an offense's DNA — has only been a college thing before this. An NFL team has not stuck with it, not really.
    Now, though, here come Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and the fellas. They are in the vanguard here. If there are two things that Lurie respects in the NFL, it is the Patriots — the entire franchise, from owner Robert Kraft on down — and it is offensive innovation. And if this is where the league is headed, not only is Lurie going to want to be in on it — he said more than once on Monday that he wants a guy who will anticipate what defenses do as a counter and who leads the next round of innovation, too.
    With that, two names: Kelly and O'Brien.
    As everybody knows, Kelly's attack at the University of Oregon is an amalgam of a spread offense and a high-tempo offense. Whether or not NFL quarterbacks can handle the spread option stuff is a question. Whether or not big, middle-aged offensive linemen can consistently handle the high-tempo stuff is another question. Belichick, though, thinks the hurry-up element is valuable — and that is going to be enough for Lurie.
    The way that the Patriots learned the hurry-up is interesting, too. According to reporting done by the Boston Globe, Kelly and O'Brien go way back to when they were college coaches — Kelly at New Hampshire, O'Brien at Brown. When Kelly got to Oregon and began to really push the tempo, O'Brien invited him to New England to talk about the concept. There were a couple of visits, and, eventually, Belichick got involved and bought in.
    The Patriots began to go at a higher tempo in 2011, when O'Brien was their offensive coordinator. They have pushed it farther now — and, for the first time in forever, the whole league is playing a bit faster, and some teams are playing a lot faster, and New England is leading the way.
    So, Kelly and O'Brien. Other than competition from other teams — including old pal Joe Banner in Cleveland — there is a complication for both of them, of course: Kelly has no NFL experience; O'Brien might not want to leave, besides the fact that he has a buyout on his Penn State contract that is reported to be north of $9 million. But by this logic, they are the names that make the most sense. (Current New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels also would make sense, but he reportedly is not interested in a head-coaching job at this time.)
    Other names? Bruce Arians has been a winner, and was a rock this year for Indianapolis when head coach Chuck Pagano was diagnosed with leukemia — and the Colts play fast. Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy also plays pretty fast but, even more than that, he has won games by playing fast, by playing slow, or by playing Tebow — and that kind of coach-'em-up versatility is an underappreciated skill.
    But it comes back, still, to Kelly and O'Brien. In the Eagles' endless pursuit of the Patriots, they make the most sense

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Chris Mortensen said this morning that he thought Reid will land with the Chiefs where he will be have a chance to influence the entire organizational structure.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Reid is vastly overrated. I don't see why teams are falling all over themselves to get him. His family issues have distracted him, over the past few years. The guy is no BB. He's closer to a another Mike Holmgren. The Eagles have crashed and burned under his watch, due to his poor drafts, and foolish management decisions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

My understanding, as I posted on a seperate thread, was that Pioli's fate is not decided. If Reid does take the Chiefs job, Piolis fate will be with Reid. The feeling is that MOST LIKELY, Reid would bring some one else in. If Reid does take the Cards job, it appears that Pioli will be allowed to bring in a coach and stay the GM..

Re Lombardi, as I also posted on another thread, at this moment he is pricing himself out of the market, perhaps trying to start a bidding war for his services. So far, it has back fired.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The lead of this thread should have been a question and not a statement.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reid is vastly overrated. I don't see why teams are falling all over themselves to get him. His family issues have distracted him, over the past few years. The guy is no BB. He's closer to a another Mike Holmgren. The Eagles have crashed and burned under his watch, due to his poor drafts, and foolish management decisions.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  He did have very tragic family issues that might have affected his thought process.  In any event, the last three years have resulted in the Eagles at 10 and 6 in 2010 and making the Playoffs then losing in the first round.   This was followed by "The Dream Team" Fiasco in 2011 at 8 and 8.  Then finally the 4 and 12 record this season.   And if the Eagle Players were trying to save their coach toward the end, they surely didn't look like it by getting blown out in two of their last three games.

And Michael Vick?  He might be a good athlete but he appears to not be able to stay on the field because of his style of play and being prone to injury.  I don't know who made the decision     to pay Vick all the money but IMO, this was one of many bad decisions made by the Eagles.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  He did have very tragic family issues that might have affected his thought process.  In any event, the last three years have resulted in the Eagles at 10 and 6 in 2010 and making the Playoffs then losing in the first round.   This was followed by "The Dream Team" Fiasco in 2011 at 8 and 8.  Then finally the 4 and 12 record this season.   And if the Eagle Players were trying to save their coach toward the end, they surely didn't look like it by getting blown out in two of their last three games.

And Michael Vick?  He might be a good athlete but he appears to not be able to stay on the field because of his style of play and being prone to injury.  I don't know who made the decision     to pay Vick all the money but IMO, this was one of many bad decisions made by the Eagles.

[/QUOTE]

It's not just Vick. You had the Asomugha fiasco, as well. They paid him all that money, and he's been awful. Then, Reid let Asante Samuel go, for a song. Samuel has proved to be the better CB. Poor drafting decisions have also served to cripple this franchise. Here's an excellent article on the Eagles' descent:  http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2012/11/eckel_anatomy_of_a_disaster_th.html 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

^^ great article TP, tks for posting.