Reiss calls out McD and possibly BB on holding out Ridley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Reiss calls out McD and possibly BB on holding out Ridley

Reiss has Josh on his down list- he's on my way down list. No rhyme or reason on why he doesn't have Ridley as big part of the game plan. Agree with the thread that states Ridley is lead RB. 

And is it possible BB was punishing Ridley by having him sit? Tired of this tactic. This is the NFL not Pop Warner. Find another way to teach your lessons. Damn.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Reiss calls out McD and possibly BB on holding out Ridley

There is something to RBs coming in fresh after D is worn down a little.  Let Blount bang on them awhile .  Then Ridley explodes right by them...  I dont mind the stratgy behind that system.... 

Guys are hungry ...  Bolden too.   Healthy competition.   Remember the key is ball security and Ridley has to increase his touches in proprtion to his successful ball handling...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Yeah, Reiss reading by game thread posts again.  BB is one spiteful SOB.  Bad coaching decision that could of cost us the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

logan ryan and ridley denied they were benched for disciplne purposes- is there a story here

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Reiss is one sharp cookie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Talk to Brady. He's the one staring down Gronk like that.

Reiss will never be critical of Brady.  He just won't ever do it. Reiss blaming McDaniels is code for Reiss saying "Brady sucked". lmao

[/QUOTE]

^^^^ Can someone PLEASE come up with a cure for this disease? ^^^^

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Reiss will never be critical of Brady.  He just won't ever do it. Reiss blaming McDaniels is code for Reiss saying "Brady sucked". lmao

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Big Pharma only develops drugs when they see a huge market (lots of people with the affliction) and huge profits.  When you only have one or two people with the condition they can't justify the research $$$.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is something to RBs coming in fresh after D is worn down a little.  Let Blount bang on them awhile .  Then Ridley explodes right by them...  I dont mind the stratgy behind that system.... 

Guys are hungry ...  Bolden too.   Healthy competition.   Remember the key is ball security and Ridley has to increase his touches in proprtion to his successful ball handling...

[/QUOTE]

I agree with a strategy of using rb's throughout game playing to their strengths and opponent D.  Just don't think coaches are using Ridley strategically as a major part of game plan. He's so much better than Blount or Bolden.  Major spark plug for the O. Something is just not right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, Reiss reading by game thread posts again.  BB is one spiteful SOB.  Bad coaching decision that could of cost us the game.

[/QUOTE]

If BB is giving his top players - like Ridley- a time out on game day- it's time for him to go to anger management class. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

logan ryan and ridley denied they were benched for disciplne purposes- is there a story here

[/QUOTE]

They won't talk. Part of the Patriot way.  Wes broke code once he left the flock.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If BB is giving his top players - like Ridley- a time out on game day- it's time for him to go to anger management class. 

[/QUOTE]

Remember the Welker benching against the Jets a few years back in the playoffs?  If he's in the game we score a TD on that first possession and win the game. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Once a Jet fan always a Jet fan, no cure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reiss is one sharp cookie.

[/QUOTE]

Many of us have known that for a good long while now.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Remember the Welker benching against the Jets a few years back in the playoffs?  If he's in the game we score a TD on that first possession and win the game. 

[/QUOTE]

YES.  Not one of BB's better judgement calls.  Worse this seems to be his discipline style.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Ridiculous. Blount and Boldin play the 1st and 3rd quarters while Ridley plays the 2nd and 4th quarters. The Patriots do this every week.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Once a Jet fan always a Jet fan, no cure.

[/QUOTE]

Well, at least quarantine it so that it doesn't make the rest of us sick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha!1 Rusty is pathetic.  His hate for Brady is embarrassing.  Nothing makes you look dumber then talking bad about your HOF QB for years.  Rusty is nuts!!  Has no clue, never played the game before.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

I am just glad they ran more.

Though play calling was ok this game. Had multiple recivers involved, ran a bit, finally adjusted at the goal line and brought Ridely in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am just glad they ran more.

Though play calling was ok this game. Had multiple recivers involved, ran a bit, finally adjusted at the goal line and brought Ridely in.

[/QUOTE]

Well yeah- compared to last week - using rb's in the game was making me downright giddy. Pats got outcoached and outplayed in the first half- came back strong in the 2nd half.

Still Reiss is right- coaches have some splainen to do. McD coninues to annoy me. Why is Ridley who is the Pats best RB weapon sitting on the bench for so many plays?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

I am weary of McDaniels too but, the lack of execution on plays is what concerns me. 

I watched Geno Smith complete pass after pass last week. 15 yards. 20 yards. Complete. Complete. 3rd and 2? Run the ball. First down. Today I watched the Dolphins do the same. No, the stats don't show it as much as it really was. However, I saw the Patriots in the 4th quarter and after Blount gets 2 good runs it's 2nd and 2. The play? Pass the ball. Couple of more runs by Blount and he was gone. Ridley got a few more carries. 

I don't get why they get a back like Blount running hard and getting good yardage and then they stop! Why not ride this guy if he's running off 10 yard runs? 

Where was Thompkins today? All of a sudden he's invisible. I saw a lot of 5 yard passes. Again. Yes there were a few plays like the catch by Gronk but, Brady is NOT sharp. At all. He manages to get a few good ones in but, there is no consistancy like he used to have. No real rhythm develops with this team. 

The 4th quarter we saw some signs of life but, the first 3 drove me crazy. Missed tackles (something I detest seeing). I saw Spikes and Nink on each side of a receiver and they made NO attempt to swat the ball away from him. I watched it on replay several times. They just watched it hit the receivers chest! 

Maddening to watch this tea the past 2 weeks. Brady is going to get hurt. This team can't execute plays. Inconsistant. Ridley should be the featured back but, Brady passing the ball is meth to McDaniels. I see us missing Woodhead and Faulk on those 3rd downs that used to be a sure bet. This team seems to run haphazardly. Excluding the 4th quarter, this team should have lost today. Period. Better teams are coming. Time to do something to shake this team up a bit. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

I am weary of McDaniels too but, the lack of execution on plays is what concerns me. 

I watched Geno Smith complete pass after pass last week. 15 yards. 20 yards. Complete. Complete. 3rd and 2? Run the ball. First down. Today I watched the Dolphins do the same. No, the stats don't show it as much as it really was. However, I saw the Patriots in the 4th quarter and after Blount gets 2 good runs it's 2nd and 2. The play? Pass the ball. Couple of more runs by Blount and he was gone. Ridley got a few more carries. 

I don't get why they get a back like Blount running hard and getting good yardage and then they stop! Why not ride this guy if he's running off 10 yard runs? 

Where was Thompkins today? All of a sudden he's invisible. I saw a lot of 5 yard passes. Again. Yes there were a few plays like the catch by Gronk but, Brady is NOT sharp. At all. He manages to get a few good ones in but, there is no consistancy like he used to have. No real rhythm develops with this team. 

The 4th quarter we saw some signs of life but, the first 3 drove me crazy. Missed tackles (something I detest seeing). I saw Spikes and Nink on each side of a receiver and they made NO attempt to swat the ball away from him. I watched it on replay several times. They just watched it hit the receivers chest! 

Maddening to watch this tea the past 2 weeks. Brady is going to get hurt. This team can't execute plays. Inconsistant. Ridley should be the featured back but, Brady passing the ball is meth to McDaniels. I see us missing Woodhead and Faulk on those 3rd downs that used to be a sure bet. This team seems to run haphazardly. Excluding the 4th quarter, this team should have lost today. Period. Better teams are coming. Time to do something to shake this team up a bit. 

This year it's hard to figure out what are the major facotrs that have disrupted TB's play- other than the obvious. I do think McD is suspect with his lack of imagination and coaching skills on the players he does have.  Miss Woodhead as well. And that other W guy. I believe Brady has been playing hurt. Don't believe" my hand is great"- from him.  Hand Swollen and taped. Receivers- well they have their own issues.  Good to have Gronk back. Need more than Gronk to sustain drives. Ridley us a spark plug and don;t nw why he sits as much as he does  Haphazard is a good descriptor of the O. When they are good- they can be very good- and when they ae bad- they are horrid.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I couldn't understand why this was happening either, but I thought it was dumb and arrogant. I know Blount had some decent yardage towards the end, but he couldn't get anything going early on and this guy is just too slow to count on. When Ridley came in I thought he ran the ball better than everyone and got the offense going. You can't have a runner losing two yards all the time on first and tens, or second and tens. And why is Blount still returning kicks? If Washington is still hurt give him an injury settlement and get rid of him, we could use the roster spot for someone that can help.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] The problem with "banging on them for awhile" is that if you don't get any first downs you might find yourself quickly down a couple of TDs. That's exactly what happened to us yesterday and we didn't get anybody tired out. Good teams would love to have that kind of a start in Foxborough and coming back might be a difficult task. You only have to think of Baltimore doing that to us in the playoffs a couple of years ago. Ridley is our best back and he should be in there when the game starts. Maybe when Vereen gets back you can alternate the two of them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's called puberty.

Sections
Shortcuts