Reiss chat today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Reiss chat today

Ed 

Mike pretty ironic that the Pats signed two high risk TEs to long term contracts and let go Welker the more reliable and accountable WR. At one time it was all about character for Pats, what happened?

Mike
      (12:40 PM)

Ed, let's see how this all plays out, but I think it's fair to hold the Patriots accountable for their decision-making process if both TEs ultimately don't contribute for them in 2013/beyond. I think we need more answers on the TEs before we go there, but as we look at the present picture, it's not looking too good for the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Reiss chat today

Hi Mike:Whle it is still very early in the process, the Aaron Hernandez situation is a didaster. My question is: Who is responsible for the checking up on players habits and associates before signing them to long term mega deals? We now have numerous reporters that cover this team stating that it was common knowledge that Hernandez was gang involved as a youth and had not severed some of those associations. If the Patriot organization had this knowledge and still signed him to that deal, shame on them and if they did not have it, they are not as sharp of an outfit as I thought they were.

Mike   (12:44 PM)

John, the team obviously does thorough background checks. This could be a bad breakdown, but let's see how the Hernandez situation plays out before saying that decisively. If it heads in the wrong direction, I think it's fair to hold the Patriots accountable and ask, "What was the team thinking extending this player's contract after just 2 years and giving him $12.5 million in the form of a signing bonus?"

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

And what is your opinion of your favorite team, the Jets, trading up for Bustchise and him sucking the whole time to the tune of 50 million bucks?

I've never seen you comment on that before here but you are quick to run over here and act like Gronk's career is over and Hernandez has been arrested and thrown in jail already?

I've never seen someone claim to be a fan of a team and then get giddy, almost drooling over any negativity, as he posts on a messageboard.

You are one strange indivudual.

We aren't talking about the Jets, this is concerning the Patriots.  It doesn't matter what mistakes other teams make, we couldn't care less.  We only care about the mistakes the Patriots make.  Why do you have to get all butt hurt when anything negative is said about BB or the Pats?  We all love BB and the Pats but they aren't perfect, they make mistakes.  Deal with it.  Geez, I have never seen someone so over protective about their team.  It's very strange!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I said it many times.

I said 4 years ago I did not want to play he Jets in the playoffs.

I said 4 years ago Sanchez had 32 TD's

I said 4 months ago the Jets would get under the salary cap with room to spare

I said 2 months ago I liked the Jets draft

Other than those 4 comments, of which the salary cap issue went on for a couple of weeks because you lost our bet, I have never mentioned the Jets. Yet you bring them up EVERY day, and I am a Jets fan? 

I have never mentioned that the Gronk deal was a bad deal. 

I did mention today for the first time the Pats should have done a better job on the Hern back ground check before giving him an early deal. The facts are pointing to it being a well know issue, Hern ran with a crowd that was going to get him in trouble. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

And what is your opinion of your favorite team, the Jets, trading up for Bustchise and him sucking the whole time to the tune of 50 million bucks?

I've never seen you comment on that before here but you are quick to run over here and act like Gronk's career is over and Hernandez has been arrested and thrown in jail already?

I've never seen someone claim to be a fan of a team and then get giddy, almost drooling over any negativity, as he posts on a messageboard.

You are one strange indivudual.

What would you be saying if Hern and Gronk were on the Jets Rusty?  We all know you'd be starting threads on their idiocy.  As I said before, complete lack of intellectual integrity. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

I said it many times.

I said 4 years ago I did not want to play he Jets in the playoffs.

I said 4 years ago Sanchez had 32 TD's

I said 4 months ago the Jets would get under the salary cap with room to spare

I said 2 months ago I liked the Jets draft

Other than those 4 comments, of which the salary cap issue went on for a couple of weeks because you lost our bet, I have never mentioned the Jets. Yet you bring them up EVERY day, and I am a Jets fan? 

I have never mentioned that the Gronk deal was a bad deal. 

I did mention today for the first time the Pats should have done a better job on the Hern back ground check before giving him an early deal. The facts are pointing to it being a well know issue, Hern ran with a crowd that was going to get him in trouble. 

1. We blasted the Jets in December of 2010, 45-3.

2. Sanchez never threw 32 TDs and never will.

3. You went out of your way to claim the Jets cap hell situation was nothing and very minor, to claim they'd be well under the cap by 20-30 million to be able to compete for top notch FAs.  They signed absoluteluy no one of significance whatsoever.

4. Of course you said you liked the Jets draft. Milliner has had like 5 surgeries already and Richardson was a massive reach, stated by almost every analyst out there.

[/QUOTE]

4 years ago was 2009. The Jets and Pats split the regular season. 

Sanchez has 26 TD's passing and 6 TD's rushing

I was correct regarding the cap

we shall see regarding the draft in 3 years

Sections
Shortcuts