Reiss Clarifies It Well

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Reiss Clarifies It Well

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I watched this play over and over in regular motion about 15 times yesterday and here are my observations.. 

It is very possible Welker was the initial target on this play, not Thomas.  While manning is in the pocket he looks to his left to where Welker is running, Collins is blitzing, seeing talib in Welkers direction and with Collins in Mannings face Manning rushes a pass to Thomas.  Thomas seemed surprised by the pass, not ready for it and drops the ball.

As Talib is running across the field after Thomas, he notices Arrington in his way so TALIB CHANGES his running path and decided to go inside where Welker is instead of outside around Arrington.  There is no way Talib could have thought he would get in between Welker and Arrington and still cover Thomas...Could Talib have wanted to take a $hot at Welker??  Interesting thought.

Right before the ball is snapped you hear a Patriots defensive player say "watch the pick".  Found  that interesting.

Now, after reading this "Welker's action was full speed" in the above mentioned article, I am not so sure about that.  I will have to look again.  But I do remember the first couple of time while watching the play over and over yesterday, I thought Welker wasn't running at full speed during his route.  We have all watched Welker run many routes over the years, some of the routes he doesn't run at full speed in order to disguise what he is doing and then hits a full speed stride when he reaches the part of the route where he needs to get open.  It's possible his route was one of those type routes and Talib, choosing to go inside instead of outside Arrington, changed everything.

[/QUOTE]

You're a Welker fan-boy, you can't help but see it in his favor, but you're wrong. Arrington was no where near Talib or Welker. Hell, Talib didn't even see Welker because rats sneak up on you due to their low character and length.

Are you a fan of Welker or the Patriots?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

That wasn't why we lost anyway. We lost because the offense could only put up 3 points in the first 3 quarters. The defense never got a chance to adjust until until the 3rd and between the large amount of time spent on the field, the fact that they were in mile high and the fact that we've been playing the same 15 defensive players for weeks left them spent by the 4th.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Welker is a rat, plain and simple! The commentators said it during the game that Thomas told them that Talib won the regular season match up and that Thomas had told them that Talib had gotten to him and that he was intimidated by the match up, especially after the knee injury.

Once Talib went out, Thomas had a field day and looked revived. It was planned and premeditated. It was a moving pick, nothing similar to what the Patriots run.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I just never recall Welker launching himself at a DB while with the Pats.  Kind of strange.  Maybe I'm wrong and just never noticed his ferocious blocking skills.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Are we seriously still talking about this? I mean we already lost...do we really need to sound like losers? It kind of reminds me of last year when Ridley got knocked into Aruba from the Pollard hit, that's all we talked about - how dirty it was - when it's football and I wish we had guys like that.

Welker is in danger of being trampled by dwarfs every day of his life. He wears a stupid new concussion helmet. This guy probably had to sit in a dark room for a month after his last concussion, does anyone really think throwing himself into Talib was on his mind? If it was, then good for him, it's football...I'd take someone like that in a heartbeat on this team. Meanwhile Talib didn't make it past the first quarter of the AFC Championship game for the second year in a row - and then we find out he has NO structurial damage to the knee?? Why didn't he come back in? Ice up son! Ice up!

We don't need guys we can't rely on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You're a Welker fan-boy, you can't help but see it in his favor, but you're wrong. Arrington was no where near Talib or Welker. Hell, Talib didn't even see Welker because rats sneak up on you due to their low character and length.

[/QUOTE]

I call it like I see it, I am an objective fan if you haven't noticed.  My head isn't in BB beach, I don't drink the entire jug of koolaid, and I don't own any rose colored glasses.

And dude, go back and watch the play in live speed with both camera angles before you comment on my observation.  LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I call it like I see it, I am an objective fan if you haven't noticed.  My head isn't in BB beach, I don't drink the entire jug of koolaid, and I don't own any rose colored glasses.

I love you bro, but you aren't objective when it comes to Wes.  Most people aren't so there is no shame in that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And dude, go back and watch the play in live speed with both camera angles before you comment on my observation.  LOL!

[/QUOTE]

Whatevs. Talib attacked Welker, you're right.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I love you bro, but you aren't objective when it comes to Wes.  Most people aren't so there is no shame in that!

LMAO, Thanks dude, but I can even be objective when it comes to Welker.  I can be objective when it comes to MOST things.  Maybe not everything, lol, but most.

Btw, When you watch the play on tv with the different angles you can see that Talib actually notices Arrington thenchanges his route.  You can tell even in the gif that Talib changes his direction knowing if he continues on he will run right into Arrington. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

They hit each other, one got injured... move on!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Whatevs. Talib attacked Welker, you're right.

[/QUOTE]

Excellent comeback!  Have you re-watched the play on tv yet?  Oh wait, you are going to mock my observation from a 1 angle, half speed animated gif.  May I ask the what size of screen you are watching this gif on??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

I just don't understand.  What would someone find illegal about that play?