Reiss Goes Off!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from erstwhilebuddha. Show erstwhilebuddha's posts

Re: Reiss Goes Off!!!!!

Banned for what? Seems like an account delete. Telling ya, it was Manza Young! Reiss hatred, not very bright, facts all wrong. Had to be her.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Aahahaha, good stuff pezz and buddha...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

if only boston.com had a good beat reporter like Mike Reiss.... oh wait..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Back to the Reiss item, I had the same reaction when I read it elsewhere, that the Jets dragged the Pats into their crud unjustifiably.  It's a media management ploy - create a smokescreen to obscure your crimes.

I have no problem with lining up to block the sideline.  If teams do it to discourage gunners from running out to get past blocks, why not? It's not against the rules and it protects your bench, too. The tripping - that's the thing. That's the crime.  It's been years since we heard of a player on the sideline tripping a player in the game.  I can't remember a coach ever doing it in the NFL.  The Jets did.  The Pats did not.

Is anybody really surprised that the Jets would try to muddy the Pats with this some way?  I was expecting it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

It would have been a better point if Mangini was still in new jersey, but for a new coach to do this... no class new jersey - no class

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Yeah I like Reiss but I'm kinda impressed by Greg Bedard too.He seems to be less of a dick than Breer or Sleaze Manza Dung anyways

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

It's laughable watching the Jets coming apart at the seams after the 45-3 Foxboro beat-down! Check this out: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/15/westhoff-accuses-patriots-of-building-sideline-wall-too/.

Do you believe it?? LOL!!!!!

This article poses the question, "What Has Grounded the New York Jets?" The answer is...the New England Patriots: http://www.examiner.com/new-york-jets-in-new-york/what-has-grounded-the-new-york-jets

LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Florio chimes in with this:

It remains to be seen whether the league office reminds the Jets of this provision, or whether any punishment will be imposed.  Multiple league sources have suggested that nothing will happen; accurate or otherwise, there’s a perception in league circles that the Jets receive special treatment from the league office.

That perception has been bolstered by the fact that Alosi’s actions were deemed to be sufficiently egregious to justify an indefinite suspension by the Jets, but that the league has imposed no penalty on the Jets.  Compare that with last month’s Spygate II episode, in which the Broncos were fined $50,000 simply by virtue of the fact that they employed a video operator who (supposedly) videotaped a 49ers’ walk-through practice as a rogue act.

The league can’t have it both ways, no matter how badly the league wants to see this situation go away quickly and as quietly as possible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Reiss Goes Off!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Florio chimes in with this: It remains to be seen whether the league office reminds the Jets of this provision, or whether any punishment will be imposed.  Multiple league sources have suggested that nothing will happen; accurate or otherwise, there’s a perception in league circles that the Jets receive special treatment from the league office. That perception has been bolstered by the fact that Alosi’s actions were deemed to be sufficiently egregious to justify an indefinite suspension by the Jets, but that the league has imposed no penalty on the Jets.  Compare that with last month’s Spygate II episode, in which the Broncos were fined $50,000 simply by virtue of the fact that they employed a video operator who (supposedly) videotaped a 49ers’ walk-through practice as a rogue act. The league can’t have it both ways, no matter how badly the league wants to see this situation go away quickly and as quietly as possible.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

this is what pisses me off...  favre showin his junk, annet synes bein harrased, edwards drunk, and now this... and you know management is lying through their teeth...   yup i dont think any league punishment will be handed out...its a joke
    action should defeni

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]I n Response to Re: Reiss Goes Off!!!!! :
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Knightsailor is an absoloute idiot! Funny how allis posts have been removed. Finally banned? We can only hope so!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

In Response to Reiss Goes Off!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I have never, ever seen Mike Reiss call anybody out.  Opinion: Sorry attempt by Jets coach By Mike Reiss Pathetic. That was the first word that came to mind when reading remarks made by Jets special teams coordinator Mike Westhoff to Chicago sports radio station ESPN 1000's Waddle and Silvy Show . Westhoff accused the Patriots of building the same type of wall that the Jets did when strength coach Sal Alosi inexplicably stuck his knee out to trip Dolphins cornerback Nolan Carroll on Sunday. Is this elementary school? Seriously? The bottom line is that players and coaches have a specific area that they are allowed to stand along the sideline during a game, and that area is clearly marked. It is the officials' job to manage the sideline and make sure players and coaches remain in that area. That's why Westhoff's attempts to drag the Patriots into the Jets' mess -- which is more about Alosi's trip and less about any type of wall -- is weak. Westhoff is a terrific coach, someone whose schemes are annually lauded by those who play against them, but he does himself no favors here. Meanwhile, look for the NFL -- as it often does in knee-jerk fashion -- to make this a new "point of emphasis" in the ensuing weeks. Perhaps they'll call it the "Jet Rule." That would be fitting because the Jets are the only team that should be part of this discussion. http://sports.espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Just when you think they (the entire jet organization) can't sink any lower, one of them decides to part his lips and out comes the nonsense. What would prompt Mike Westhoff to attempt to drag us into their mess? What do the NE Patriots have to do with one of their assistant coaches ordering inactive players to line up and purposely block an opposing players path?
    I have an answer - Stress! Stress can kill you - NYC is the media capital of the world and the swamp men are feeling the full effects of the klieg lights. 

Until further notice, I'll refer to the Jets as the jet, 'cause we beat the (s) out of them!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Bout time. Now if only Kraft would bitchslap the Jets and Goodell.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Florio chimes in with this: It remains to be seen whether the league office reminds the Jets of this provision, or whether any punishment will be imposed.  Multiple league sources have suggested that nothing will happen; accurate or otherwise, there’s a perception in league circles that the Jets receive special treatment from the league office. That perception has been bolstered by the fact that Alosi’s actions were deemed to be sufficiently egregious to justify an indefinite suspension by the Jets, but that the league has imposed no penalty on the Jets.  Compare that with last month’s Spygate II episode, in which the Broncos were fined $50,000 simply by virtue of the fact that they employed a video operator who (supposedly) videotaped a 49ers’ walk-through practice as a rogue act. The league can’t have it both ways, no matter how badly the league wants to see this situation go away quickly and as quietly as possible.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I have said this since Spygate. There are 31 expectations and rules for 31 teams and one special set for NE.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reiss Goes Off!!!!! : If you are gonna troll, atleast do it with some background check. Reiss is a UMass graduate and not Harvard. I guess for someone like you who has probably dropped out after middle school, it difficult to under stand the difference. Pathetic! Just like those Jets.
    Posted by Patsfan038[/QUOTE]

Nice one Patsfan038  ....  this tool named leon or Knight Rider !  must luv being owned by this forumWink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from erstwhilebuddha. Show erstwhilebuddha's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah I like Reiss but I'm kinda impressed by Greg Bedard too.[/QUOTE]

Bedard seems good. I think the Walmart (all part time staffers) approach to that space gives it a major lack of continuity. Give me Bedard, Pepin and Walker with the occasional piece from the feature writers and I'm good. It begs the question, if the readers don't respect Manza Young, and her collegues don't respect Manza Young, how does the Globe continue to employ her and pay to send her to games? Her unprofessionalism and lack of decorum in the press box is apparantly notorious and most readers despise her. She thinks it's because she's some kind of tough cookie trying to make it in a male dominated profession, but we all know she has zero talent and steals material because she's lazy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Manza-Young, Gasper, etc, are Breer minions.  They take on those clear directives from the Globe to instigate. 

I have no idea how Breer got that gig at NFLN. HIlarious. Anyone see him on camera? He looks like a 3rd grader trying to give an oral presentation for the first time.

The Gasper claim that Doc Rivers is the best coach in Boston, just 3 months ago, was hilarious.  That pretty much spelled out the agenda they were told to use at the Globe.

If they spent more time understanding the game and the concepts of the game, they'd be better at what they do, as well. Very unprofessional.

I am not even convinced Shalise knew what the difference was between man and zone coverage until last week.

Bedard is an outsider and whether it was intentional or not, he's really added some professionalism into the mix, which is nice.  They needed it.

Rappaport over at the Herald had them beat out, for crying out loud.

Curran and Rappaport are the best in this town.  Bedard is apparently a pro as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Keep in mind that the Globe has been in serious finacial trouble for years. They don't hire experienced quality writers because they can't afford to pay them. Anyone who shows skill ( Reiss ) eventually receives a better offer and leaves.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

^^Absolute fact. The entire industry is, actually. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Hi Everyone, I'm not on here too much, but I'd like to add something that I just read, what do you think of this?  Maybe I'm a little late to the game but Reiss just posted this and I thought it was interesting - he says that by Westhoff pointing his finger at the Patriots in light of the whole tripping incedent - that he could be subject to integrity fines - wouldnt we love to see that happen!?!  ...Anyways - here is the article / link:

Jets, Patriots & integrity of game

December, 16, 2010
    Dec 16
    11:10
    AM ET
    One follow-up to the percolating story of Jets special teams coach Mike Westhoff pointing his finger at the Patriots is whether his remarks violate the NFL's "Integrity of the Game" policy. This was brought to light by Mike Florio on ProFootballTalk.com this morning.

As noted by Vic Carucci in this 2008 piece on NFL.com, the league's official web site, commissioner Roger Goodell was making a big "integrity of the game" push that year.

That year, Goodell sent a memo to all NFL clubs that was detailed in this San Francisco Chronicle piece. The memo warned team owners and officials that making false claims against other clubs leaves them open to NFL-imposed sanctions:

"Any club or individual reporting a violation is expected to do so in good faith, to have a reasonable basis for believing a violation occurred, and to produce (or to identify) evidence to substantiate the claim. In the event I determine that a claim is made in bad faith, is frivolous or that the club or person making the complaint is unable or unwilling to produce evidence to support the charge, I will impose appropriate sanctions."

At this point, the NFL has not levied any "integrity of game" fines on the Jets.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Reiss worked here and was stellar, Killa.  No idea where you have been. He's the best beatwriter overall, anyway.

At least he's never played the ESPN games like Bruschi did earlier this season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Bruschi sold his soul then, too, right?

Reiss hasn't changed his style, which is why I give him a pass. In fact, he's been allowed to expand what he did here, actually.

His coverage is fantastic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Reiss is the only must read of the local scribes covering the Pats.  He is less about stupid opinion and more about facts.  When he does offer an opinion, you know it's not being compromised by his bosses because it is always fair and never inflammatory.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Why does he get a pass and Reiss does not? Each took those roles because they paid more than what they would have had locally.

Pretty simple.

Reiss has been consistent in that field. Bruschi? Not so much. I thought he was over the top trying to show how "objective" he could be back in August and September, by going overboard attacking the Pats. 

In fact, it became obvious he was focusing on hammering on the Pats and BB's rebuilding approach, he scaled it back.

He also praised Sanchez a week too soon. lol

Reiss is very consistent and by far and away the best of the ESPN Cities based coverage for the NFL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I would highly suggest you read his work with Bruschi at ESPN Boston. It's the best coverage around for the Pats.  I hate ESPN as much as the next guy, but I read Reiss daily. No question about that.

Calm down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Killa, you should consider yourself happy to have Reiss covering the Pats.  Couple that with Bruschi and we are all lucky to have our team covered so well.