Reiss Nails It

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Reiss Nails It

great read

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

+1000

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I'm never said he wasn't...people may be able to nitpick a choice or two but as a whole who else would you rather have?  Last two years maybe sf and seahawks, but they have alot of skill positions on rookie salary. What is their teams going to be when they have to pay some people? Then we will see if they are just really good talent evaluators and lucky with positions they have had in the draft or if they are good gms and team managers.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The only contract that is strangling the Patriots is the one Hernandez signed. I'm pretty sure Wilfork will re-work his contract to help the cause, if he doesn't he could become a salary cap dump, though i don't know if the Patriots would do that to Wilfork..

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is no strangling. As bad as it is he won't be here, it won't affect the teambuild.  You'll see.

Pezzy, TFB12, Babe, Mt Hurl, Shizzles and all the other shortsighted BBWs, literally have never gotten it.  They're blinded by the Brady doll.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it has anything to do with the Brady doll... Its comments like that turn a nice convo into a war.  I agree with most of your concepts but the degree you blame Brady is extreme.  I know its because the other end of the spectrum where their over analysis of everything of BB the GM.  Please man lets just keep this on point even if they try t o goad you into a Brady vs. BB flame fest.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

[QUOTE]

Dude, they have bashed BB here for years. Years.  They have also not once admitted Brady's faults, many of them compromising SBs or playoff games.

I am extreme? THEY are extreme. Not me. I am just an honest, objective fan.

Confront them, please. 

[/QUOTE]

The web of our life is of a mingled yarn, good and
    ill together: our virtues would be proud, if our
    faults whipped them not; and our crimes would
    despair, if they were not cherished by our virtues.
    [Enter a Messenger]
    How now! where's your master?

All's Well That Ends Well
    Act IV, Scene 3

Xtranslation: Even the Master (BB or TB) make mistakes, but we all have faults to overcome.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

There is no strangling. As bad as it is he won't be here, it won't affect the teambuild.  You'll see.

Pezzy, TFB12, Babe, Mt Hurl, Shizzles and all the other shortsighted BBWs, literally have never gotten it.  They're blinded by the Brady doll.

There's a ton of strangling.  16+ Mil in dead money this year,  22+ Mil, last, almost 9 already next year and it hasn't even begun. 

Cap hell without Brady's restructures/extentions, as he single handedly wiped out about 8M of that dead money each year. and made it more managable.

Cap hell.

Thank you TOM BRADY!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Sorry to everyone if this is totally off topic.

Rusty everyone is allowed an opinion right or wrong.  You might not agree with me but I think Brady has always done what the coaches have allowed him to do.  I personally think if in the past the coaching wanted to use the run more he would have handed it off.  I think BB and the OC used what they had and if you look at the results it  won a lot of games for us to enjoy. Only Achilles Heal has been strong defenses that adapted a four man pressure front and the Pats O didn't adapt.... A handful of plays is all they were off from winning Superbowl.  I think the coaching is more to blame than Brady, sorry you don't see that way but the fact Brady has shown time and time again that he will do whatever game plan is drawn up.  I am positive if you can see they need to run more than the coach should have seen it and done something about it.

Now as GM goes I know you take an affront to people saying BB is and average GM, that is fine its your view. I think it is because people want perfection from BB they can't accept failed draft picks or FA ever. As a whole both Brady and BB aren't perfect but if you take the body of work no one is better in any category. I think you judge TB way too harshly and give the coaches way too big of a pass. I think so parts of the team failed TB like the safety on the open drive you always blame Brady for but that was a preplanned play and Giants out muscled a max protect play and the their coaches out dueled our on that series. It just so funny because so many people here who constantly argue are so similar just they just have polar view points.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So Reiss is saying BB has done well as a GM regarding depth. I won't argue that other than to say depth is much easier achieved if the "starters" are mostly mediocre. Mediocrity isn't that hard to replace. But some seem to be expanding Reiss' comments beyond their intent.

But in all fairness, BB's trading has always been his strongest suit as a GM. Blount and Talib are significant examples of this. But of course, by his own words recently noted on this board, college talent is much more difficult to evaluate. And in that regard he has had at least his share of misses.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

as BB says after a loss

players have to play better

coaches have to coach better

as a GM, it's a Rubik's Cube, without a certain answer, Depth and coaching up is crucial, adhering to a cap philosophy means you cannot over pay, as it becomes a sinc hole

to say if we had one more better player we would have won two more SBs is specious. a dropped int by a pro bowl cb, a helmet catch against Rodney ( a great player ) , a possible in the grasp call not made. a wide open all pro receiver  drops a difficult , but certainly makeable catch. all the while rebuilding with low draft picks and FA rules. The whole idea is ridiculous

The Game plan comes from BB, the OC and TB

There are ebbs and flows in every game

Clutch play at the end of games counts most

I love TB , I love rooting  for him, 

I love BB as coach and GM

I love Kraft

No one is perfect, no one I would rather have

We are spoiled,

(Great thread)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

as BB says after a loss

players have to play better

coaches have to coach better

as a GM, it's a Rubik's Cube, without a certain answer, Depth and coaching up is crucial, adhering to a cap philosophy means you cannot over pay, as it becomes a sinc hole

to say if we had one more better player we would have won two more SBs is specious. a dropped int by a pro bowl cb, a helmet catch against Rodney ( a great player ) , a possible in the grasp call not made. a wide open all pro receiver  drops a difficult , but certainly makeable catch. all the while rebuilding with low draft picks and FA rules. The whole idea is ridiculous

The Game plan comes from BB, the OC and TB

There are ebbs and flows in every game

Clutch play at the end of games counts most

I love TB , I love rooting  for him, 

I love BB as coach and GM

I love Kraft

No one is perfect, no one I would rather have

We are spoiled,

(Great thread)

[/QUOTE]

Could not have made the points better!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There's a ton of strangling.  16+ Mil in dead money this year,  22+ Mil, last, almost 9 already next year and it hasn't even begun. 

Cap hell without Brady's restructures/extentions, as he single handedly wiped out about 8M of that dead money each year. and made it more managable.

Cap hell.

Thank you TOM BRADY!

[/QUOTE]

You should change your handle to deadmoneypanic or something. It's a broken record. Who cares about 2012?

The league average for dead money in 2013 is $14.7 mil and the Pats have $16.7 mil. Whoopie. Real crippling. They're 13-4 with several core players on IR. I think they know what they're doing better than you. We should all manage our business like they do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to csylvia79's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm never said he wasn't...people may be able to nitpick a choice or two but as a whole who else would you rather have?  Last two years maybe sf and seahawks, but they have alot of skill positions on rookie salary. What is their teams going to be when they have to pay some people? Then we will see if they are just really good talent evaluators and lucky with positions they have had in the draft or if they are good gms and team managers.

[/QUOTE]

Well, exactly and they also were picking top 10 or top 15 every year for like a decade when NE was picking 25-32 with Goodell trying to find ways to bring the team down.

The thing is, with SEA and SF, they're already strapped to the cap and they won't be able to resign all the players they count on now.   We'll see how they shake down, but NE's window of talent and management is easily as strong as theirs.

Their windows are actually very small. Like, this year small.

[/QUOTE]

Bb is great at what he does, especially with the middle of the roster. 

However, to prop bb up and appreciate him doesn't mean we can't look at the success of other teams as well. SF in particular has drafted early but they have also drafted smart. What round did they select Kaepernick in who is their franchise QB? Nice trade for Boldin, taking Crabtree from almost a failure to reaching his potential. And, they look poised to return to their 2nd SB in as many years. 

Bb does things better than most, but other teams like SF do things pretty well as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

good post and I agree it points to brilliant personnel moves  and draft choices that have WORKED.  

The flip side is pointing to the ones that didn't work in the last decade.  It is kind of like a switch got flipped in 2010.  It seems like the drafting has been much better,  but a lot of the acquisitions were not until the Talib, Blount, Siliga and possibly DA ( if he keeps increasing production).

The other point is maybe some of the entrenched players...  wilfork, vollmer, even gronk were overrated and not nearly so hard to replace with a shifting of strategy to go alongside.  If you are coaching to other players strengths (blount, vereen, collins,) maybe you end up better off....  but again this points to great coaching.

but agree that when pointing to the one or 2 jackpot moves, it just makes you go...WOW thats football brilliance right there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So Reiss is saying BB has done well as a GM regarding depth. I won't argue that other than to say depth is much easier achieved if the "starters" are mostly mediocre. Mediocrity isn't that hard to replace. But some seem to be expanding Reiss' comments beyond their intent.

But in all fairness, BB's trading has always been his strongest suit as a GM. Blount and Talib are significant examples of this. But of course, by his own words recently noted on this board, college talent is much more difficult to evaluate. And in that regard he has had at least his share of misses.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, "his share of misses", but the true measure is his share of no names who come here and elevate their production to the level of household names along with those household names who leave to only be lost in oblivion. BB is a football scientist in all aspects. We are so fortunate to have him as both a GM and HC. GREATNESS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I read this last night and copied it but figured there were too many threads going. It is a great break down of why BB builds football teams the way he does, and if anything the COACHING STYLE dictates the targeted players for the roster.BB the coach is responsible for the players selected as they are the guys who fit his coaching system. Build the middle of the roster! Build for depth! The very same players he gets ridiculed for by a few fans on this board.

To boil it down for you, if you think BB the GM hasn't done a great job building this dynasty(laughable) it's because you don't think BB the coach knows what he's doing......and we know that is the ultimate fall back on this board. LOL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Oh by the way, " like Mike Reiss knows anything" pffffffffffftttttttttttt

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Cap hell.

Thank you TOM BRADY!

[/QUOTE]

You should change your handle to deadmoneypanic or something. It's a broken record. Who cares about 2012?

The league average for dead money in 2013 is $14.7 mil and the Pats have $16.7 mil. Whoopie. Real crippling. They're 13-4 with several core players on IR. I think they know what they're doing better than you. We should all manage our business like they do.

[/QUOTE]

OH Muz,

I do run a business and the last thing I would want to do is pay for the same product twice as that is the result of excessive DM, because of bad contracts.

The Bad contract and the cost of his replacement. 

Player "A", DM ='s $2M  + player "B"(replacement)' contract of $1M, means you actually spent $3M on that position for that year.

It virtually forces you into a cheaper replacement, which is the reason for half the team being rookies and UDFA's.

You can't really use an average as basis for contrast as teams with excessive DM as in the following, skru that average.

Oakland Raiders $50,321,847 2 Jacksonville Jaguars $27,029,986 3 New York Jets $22,021,612 4 Philadelphia Eagles$22,021,612        

The Pats come in right behind those bad or mediocre teams.

In contrast the Seahawks had $6M in DM and the Niners had about 3M.  (Which means they had a whole lot more to spend on actual players, as apposed to bad contracts.

Now, that Pats always seem to do more with less, which is great, (in a way)

But you have to wonder what would be, if they weren't actually spending $3M on $1M, replacement players.  A lot of them!

And, yes, they are VERY fortunate Brady offsets a lot of that Dead Money with his cap saving contracts as there would actually be MUCH less to spend on all those replacements.       

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I read this last night and copied it but figured there were too many threads going. It is a great break down of why BB builds football teams the way he does, and if anything the COACHING STYLE dictates the targeted players for the roster.BB the coach is responsible for the players selected as they are the guys who fit his coaching system. Build the middle of the roster! Build for depth! The very same players he gets ridiculed for by a few fans on this board.

To boil it down for you, if you think BB the GM hasn't done a great job building this dynasty(laughable) it's because you don't think BB the coach knows what he's doing......and we know that is the ultimate fall back on this board. LOL.

[/QUOTE]

Production says it all. I'm not saying that he is right 100% of the time, BUT......ANYONE who questions Bill's judgement in any football related decisions is a narcissistic fool who is begging for attention.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Cap hell.

Thank you TOM BRADY!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

100% right. You're not in cap hell whatever that means when you're 12-4 every year competing for SB's and retaining your roster....God these guys just love to hate.

Sections
Shortcuts