Reiss on Armstead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Reiss on Armstead

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, everything BB has done to this point has made me believe that he believes Armstead is a stud in the making. Remember, he cut Brace, Love and Deadrick AFTER he saw Armstead potentially dominate OTAs.

+-----------------------------------

How can BB see Armstead "potentially dominate OTAs"?  How can BB, or anyone else for that matter, see someone "potentially dominate" ?  Either they dominated or they didn't.

[/QUOTE]

Linemen go half speed at best during OTA's...don't have pads on. No one dominates

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of players would help this team. They are so thin on DL that anyone who joins the team will likely play and in some form help the team, even if it's to give a couple snaps of rest to Vellano and Jones. What I want to know is if he'll make a difference and for that we might not know until around Christmas as he still has to get on the field to practice and actually get game time reps for more than a couple weeks to get into game shape performance

[/QUOTE]

I think the guy he best resembles is Justin Long from San Fran.

[/QUOTE]

I just don't see the resemblance personally. Did you mean Justin Smith? If so than you are putting some pretty huge expectations on Armstead. Right now I'm putting him closer to Pryor (healthy Pryor not injured Pryor) or Wright (pre concussions). I hope you are right but if he turns into Justin Smith 31 other teams in the league should fire their GMs since the Pats got him for a song and no other team was willing to match.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Actually, everything BB has done to this point has made me believe that he believes Armstead is a stud in the making. Remember, he cut Brace, Love and Deadrick AFTER he saw Armstead potentially dominate OTAs.

I'll give you BB must have some confindence in the kid but Deaderick was cut for locker room issues, Love was cut because of diabeties, and Brace sucked. All three were also sub players who have been replaced to some degree with ease by Vellano and Jones. You are talking about Armstead as if he's a probowl starting DL (Justin Smith comparison) so not sure comparing him to rotational subs that were replaced by a 6th rounder and a UDFA is the best way to prove your argument. Also not sure if Armstead wasn't here they wouldn't have been cut anyways. Really if you can't be better than Brace then you shouldn't be on any team let alone the Pats

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll give you BB must have some confindence in the kid but Deaderick was cut for locker room issues, Love was cut because of diabeties, and Brace sucked. All three were also sub players who have been replaced to some degree with ease by Vellano and Jones. You are talking about Armstead as if he's a probowl starting DL (Justin Smith comparison) so not sure comparing him to rotational subs that were replaced by a 6th rounder and a UDFA is the best way to prove your argument. Also not sure if Armstead wasn't here they wouldn't have been cut anyways. Really if you can't be better than Brace then you shouldn't be on any team let alone the Pats

[/QUOTE]

Great post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

This lengthy delay of Armstead getting of NFI list is discouraging.........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This lengthy delay of Armstead getting of NFI list is discouraging.........

[/QUOTE]

Would it be safe to say that Armstead is potentially dominating the NFI list?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

going on 4 months with a staph infection. I wont hold my breath.... Now we are waiting 4 months for a guy to recover from an infection. What are we in Idaho? This is Boston...smh. Im not even gonna mention last year with our Spash...Fanene!  I guess we need to play with 4 DE's like the Gaints nascar package . It will be a force, expect when teams like the Jets come in and ground n pound that weak D line...

Talk to Lawrence Tynes and Carl Nicks, or LeCharles Bentley and Joe Jurevicius about infections. It's career threatening stuff, life threatening even. If Aemstead comes back this year, he's ahead of the game. You can make light of it, but it can happen anywhere, anytime and if you don't catch it quick and get the right antibiotics, you can literally be dead in a couple of weeks.

As for the ground and pound, I thought the d-line held up OK. 3.4 yards a carry isn't all that bad, credit the Jets for sticking with it. But not many games will unfold like that. If Brady was just a little better, they'd have been passing more to keep up. There aren't many teams that play that 1972 Dolphins style football.

[/QUOTE]

Im only going by experience. My brother had a staph infection earlier this summer. It was real nasty and lingered for months. The issue with him though was that due to some kind of kidney problem he had he couldnt take antibiotics and the whole thing was bad. Im just saying, he is regular joe.(no pun intended. his name is joe) but guys that play for the NFL, I would expect recieve better care. I guess it also depends on where. My Brother had it on his lip. It was pretty ugly.

Anyways. Back to football. I dont think the Jets had tremendous success in ypc. I stated that, but they did enough to keep the ball and thats effective enough because you need the ball to score. A team that can run and pass will only do MORE damage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

+-----------------------------------

How can BB see Armstead "potentially dominate OTAs"?  How can BB, or anyone else for that matter, see someone "potentially dominate" ?  Either they dominated or they didn't.

[/QUOTE]

Pats fan stuck in Colts country here. Any chance the Pats would try and bring in Kerry Rhodes? He is still pretty young, talented and cheap. It could allow [Devin] McCourty to go back to being a CB. Also, any approximate ETA on [Armond] Armstead? Any feel for if he will make it to the field this season? Julie Anacker

I doubt it, Julie. I won't say "no chance," but it seems they're happy with what they have at safety at the moment. Besides, I don't think moving McCourty back to corner full time is what's best for this defense. He seems more suited as a safety.

Sadly, no new info on Armstead, although he did make a brief appearance as a spectator on the sideline at a recent training camp practice. That's a somewhat encouraging sign that he's at least able to be up and about. In my mind, though, I've discounted Armstead for this season. My guess is he'll wind up on IR or possibly IR/DFR or NFI, and if the young defensive tackle does play at all, it will be a pleasant surprise. He's just so far behind all the other players at his position right now, it will be very difficult for him to make up all that ground this year. Not impossible, just difficult. Erik Scalavino

Kind of hard to dominate when you don't even participate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Best post of the thread.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[/QUOTE]

Im only going by experience. My brother had a staph infection earlier this summer. It was real nasty and lingered for months. The issue with him though was that due to some kind of kidney problem he had he couldnt take antibiotics and the whole thing was bad. Im just saying, he is regular joe.(no pun intended. his name is joe) but guys that play for the NFL, I would expect recieve better care. I guess it also depends on where. My Brother had it on his lip. It was pretty ugly.

Anyways. Back to football. I dont think the Jets had tremendous success in ypc. I stated that, but they did enough to keep the ball and thats effective enough because you need the ball to score. A team that can run and pass will only do MORE damage.

[/QUOTE]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2010/news/story?id=5706491

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/ex-browns-tell-of-staph-infection-anguish/2138098

It's bad stuff, more deaths than HIV, and a whole lot quicker too. (Wonder if they'll have benefit concerts and charitable foundations like they do for the hiv?) Amputations are not uncommon. If Armstead saves his career, he should be thankful. 

I gave the Jets credit for sticking to the run game. There's no doubt the cumulative effect wore down the thin Pats d-line. My point on that is not many teams will be able to follow that blueprint.

Normally, the Pats offense would have scored more points and hopefully there won't be many more pick-6s. So normally they wouldn't have the luxury of just running the ball. Also, there just aren't many teams built like that or willing to do what the Jets did. Most teams are passing teams first and foremost. Plus, if you're having limited success like the Jets were running the ball, you're going to do it less, not more. But they had a plan and stuck to it because they could. Had the Pats offense been better, they would not have been able to do that.

Overall, I thought the d-line held up well until fairly late when they started to wear down, and I just don't think many games will unfold that way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A staph infection in his lip? What on earth was he doing?  Mike Vick once had herpes on his lip. Probably still does. That never really goes away. lol

Oh that Ronny Mexico!

[/QUOTE]

Can you please tell us the story again about that infection you got from your dog that one time.  You know, the time you put peanut butter on yourself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A staph infection in his lip? What on earth was he doing?  Mike Vick once had herpes on his lip. Probably still does. That never really goes away. lol

Oh that Ronny Mexico!

[/QUOTE]

Can you please tell us the story again about that infection you got from your dog that one time.  You know, the time you put peanut butter on yourself.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, err, might be one of the weakest comebacks of all time here.

Looks like you're cooked today, Bustchise.   Enjoy the loss in Cincy and the one vs the Saints.

[/QUOTE]

Might want to check out your posts in that other thread going on, those are some pretty weak comments made by you.

Bravo for continuing to give Bustchise the attention he seeks.  You aren't smart enough to realize what you are doing do you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow.   Reiss can look at a guy who isn't even practicing and conclude that he's close to making a contribution.   Future GM material.

[/QUOTE]

He would fit right in on this board.

[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Section136's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow.   Reiss can look at a guy who isn't even practicing and conclude that he's close to making a contribution.   Future GM material.

[/QUOTE]

Now this is pure speculation, you understand.  What if Reiss is simply indicating that his limited observation of Armstead found him to appear healthy and in good shape?  Plus, hasn't Armstead reportedly been attending team meetings?  I'm not sure why there should be an issue because somebody made a positive comment about Armstead's situation.

[/QUOTE]

Because it's a positive statement!You'll catch on to these guys - give it time.

[/QUOTE]

BUSTCHISE SPEAKS...jets troll

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

[QUOTE]

If he isn't back by week 12 can we return him and get our cap money back?  I wonder if Reiss could ask our fearless leader if he still has the receipt for Armstead.

If we aren't winning Super Bowls, I want to know why!

[/QUOTE]

Don't believe the Uncle Rico "pro-Patriots" hype

Even BABE faced him bigtime as a jets troll...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2010/news/story?id=5706491

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/ex-browns-tell-of-staph-infection-anguish/2138098

It's bad stuff, more deaths than HIV, and a whole lot quicker too. (Wonder if they'll have benefit concerts and charitable foundations like they do for the hiv?) Amputations are not uncommon. If Armstead saves his career, he should be thankful. 

I gave the Jets credit for sticking to the run game. There's no doubt the cumulative effect wore down the thin Pats d-line. My point on that is not many teams will be able to follow that blueprint.

Normally, the Pats offense would have scored more points and hopefully there won't be many more pick-6s. So normally they wouldn't have the luxury of just running the ball. Also, there just aren't many teams built like that or willing to do what the Jets did. Most teams are passing teams first and foremost. Plus, if you're having limited success like the Jets were running the ball, you're going to do it less, not more. But they had a plan and stuck to it because they could. Had the Pats offense been better, they would not have been able to do that.

Overall, I thought the d-line held up well until fairly late when they started to wear down, and I just don't think many games will unfold that way.

[/QUOTE]

Babe faced you as a Jets Troll...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toolfinder. Show toolfinder's posts

[/QUOTE]

My god are dumb, huh? Still strugglinger deciphering between football analysis and first hand info such as an injured player in a locker room?

LMAO

Usually people who aren't too bright, don't like to showcase the fact they aren't, Catsfish.  

Bunker Hill has night classes. Good luck as you start your journey for higher education.

[/QUOTE]

Speak English much?  Door Knob 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to RicosUncle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If he isn't back by week 12 can we return him and get our cap money back?  I wonder if Reiss could ask our fearless leader if he still has the receipt for Armstead.

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

You are my puppet!  You respond to all my posts!

Heyoooo!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Heyoooo!!!

[/QUOTE]

BUSTCHISE SPEAKS..FACED IN PUBLIC BY BABE for being a Jets Troll...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Heyoooo!!!

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Heyoooo!!!

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Heyoooo!!!

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

When I say us I'm talking about patriots fans.  I have been reading what you post, I'm not sure you are a Patriots fan.  Are you a Jets or Giants fan by chance?

The reason people don't mock me is because I am right a lot more then I am wrong.  Unlike both you and Harvey.

[/QUOTE]

Oops, my bad, I thought that reply was to Rusty. Distracted multitasking. May I extend my apologies sir? This happens a few times a year with me. I am remiss for not paying closer attention to my response target.

Nobody is stupid enough to mock me here. Rusty fights back feebly, but he is not only over-matched, he is the supreme target because of his idiocy. But as for you, I like most of your posts.

As far as the rest, thinking I'm a jets fan is just plain insanity. If my only choice was to be a jets fan, I wouldn't be a football fan at all.

[/QUOTE]

You just got OWNED!!!!!!

Bwahahahaha!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Heyoooo!!!

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

When I say us I'm talking about patriots fans.  I have been reading what you post, I'm not sure you are a Patriots fan.  Are you a Jets or Giants fan by chance?

The reason people don't mock me is because I am right a lot more then I am wrong.  Unlike both you and Harvey.

[/QUOTE]

Oops, my bad, I thought that reply was to Rusty. Distracted multitasking. May I extend my apologies sir? This happens a few times a year with me. I am remiss for not paying closer attention to my response target.

Nobody is stupid enough to mock me here. Rusty fights back feebly, but he is not only over-matched, he is the supreme target because of his idiocy. But as for you, I like most of your posts.

As far as the rest, thinking I'm a jets fan is just plain insanity. If my only choice was to be a jets fan, I wouldn't be a football fan at all.

[/QUOTE]

You just got OWNED!!!!!!

Bwahahahaha!

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Heyoooo!!!

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You just got OWNED!!!!!!

Bwahahahaha!

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]
    You have been posting that Babe said I was a jet troll.  I proved you wrong and now you are backpedaling!  Bwahahahaha!!  I own you!!  Bwahahaha!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

Heyoooo!!!

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You just got OWNED!!!!!!

Bwahahahaha!

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

[/QUOTE]
    You have been posting that Babe said I was a jet troll.  I proved you wrong and now you are backpedaling!  Bwahahahaha!!  I own you!!  Bwahahaha!!

[/QUOTE]

HOW'S THIS FOR ACCURACY AND TRUTH

YOU ARE BUSTCHISE AND A JETS TROLL

Sections
Shortcuts