Reiss: Patriots release Dan Gronkowski

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SluggyBuggy. Show SluggyBuggy's posts

Reiss: Patriots release Dan Gronkowski

interesting to see 2 days prior to sunday, Garret Mills returning from the practice squad?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatPass. Show PatPass's posts

Re: Reiss: Patriots release Dan Gronkowski

Now they got to sign Crumpler again. Can't really go with one TE on sunday.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrewserBrad. Show BrewserBrad's posts

BB has something up his sleeve. Watch, he will have Branch line up as TE..LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I thought they kept Yeatman on the practice squad??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Reiss: Patriots release Dan Gronkowski:
    [QUOTE]Mills was never on the practice squad.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE] Mills has been on the PS for the last week or so,he was given a black jersey for his PS work in preparing the Patriots for the Chargers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dfitzp. Show dfitzp's posts

No Yeatman didn't make past waivers. I think the Dolphins have him. Garrett Mills is on the practice squad.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Solder will be in there alot as the designated blocking TE heck that's all Dan G and Crumpler were anyway.  Who knows maybe he can catch?  Expect more there WR sets.  I forgot about Mills.  What is his status?  Likely a practice squad promo is coming for someone. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

I meant "three" WR sets....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

[QUOTE]Solder will be in there alot as the designated blocking TE heck that's all Dan G and Crumpler were anyway.  Who knows maybe he can catch?  Expect more there WR sets.  I forgot about Mills.  What is his status?  Likely a practice squad promo is coming for someone. 
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Vollmer is out this week also so Solder will end up playing Right  Tackle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

[QUOTE]Mills was never on the practice squad.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Pats signed Garrett Mills to the practice squad on 9/14/11

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-sign-OL-Donald-Thomas-to-the-53-Man-Roster-Release-OL-Thomas-Welch/8952c1fe-df28-4c70-9492-fc352fd14814

"In addition, the Patriots released OL Thomas Welch from the 53 man roster, signed TE Garrett Mills and LB Jeff Tarpinian to the practice squad and released LB Aaron Lavarias from the practice squad. "

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

[QUOTE]I thought they kept Yeatman on the practice squad??
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

ZBell - Yeatman is a Dolphin now!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

[QUOTE]I did not think Mills could be on the PS, he has been in the league for a few years and he was a member of the Vikings game day roster a bunch of times. But I guess I stand corrected.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    I think to be eligible for PS, you have to not be active for more than 9 games in a season (be on 46 man roster). It doesnt matter how many years you've in the league.. I guess Mills never was active. i might be wrong on the rule

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Pats aren't going into a game with only one tight end.  The two obvious choices are Mills and Alge Crumpler, who is currently at home waiting by the phone, unless he's already on the plane to PVD right now.  I'd go with the pass-catching tight end first, in case Gronk gets a hangnail or something.

Garrett Mills it is.  Or, how about the both of them?  How many slots does BB have open?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

I was hoping to see him have a breakout game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

While it was fun to see Dan signed by the Patriots I didn't like it for this very reason.  Sucks for Rob to see his bro cut.  He's a pro but I think this will somehow affect him in some way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Solder will be in there alot as the designated blocking TE heck that's all Dan G and Crumpler were anyway.  Who knows maybe he can catch?  Expect more there WR sets.  I forgot about Mills.  What is his status?  Likely a practice squad promo is coming for someone. 
    Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]Sorry I have too burst your bubble but Solder will be at RT so it will be hard for to play both positions! Vollmer missed practice virtually all week. So it's either Mills or signing another TE or neither and they bring another player up from the squad in an area of need such as Ventrone or Welch or Kopa.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Dan Gronk has a leg injury....he'll probably be resigned in a week or two....Mills is a lot like Hernandez in terms of size and quickness, just not talent (LOL)....like I've been reading, maybe they go with a bunch of spread formations, 4 WR's...it's going to be a challenging game this week...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mills has to be in.  The 2 TE sets and using them as receivers is one of the big keys to the offense success.  Makes no sense to only have 1 TE for the game.  I know Dan was hurt so they had to do something and no way Crumpler comes and plays this weekend, lol.

Never a dull moment in Patriot land.  Going to be very interesting!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]Mills has to be in.  The 2 TE sets and using them as receivers is one of the big keys to the offense success.  Makes no sense to only have 1 TE for the game.  I know Dan was hurt so they had to do something and no way Crumpler comes and plays this weekend, lol. Never a dull moment in Patriot land.  Going to be very interesting!!
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE] I agree that it has to be Mills but I don't coach the team! Some folks are thinking 3 and 4 wr sets are the way the Pats will go...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Maybe we will see more Taylor Price? Ocho steps up? we go run the ball more?

hernandez's injury isn't as bad as we thought?

who knows, this is BB we are talking about.

Personally, I think its Mills.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]While it was fun to see Dan signed by the Patriots I didn't like it for this very reason.  Sucks for Rob to see his bro cut.  He's a pro but I think this will somehow affect him in some way.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking BMF.  I don't see the Crumpler thing happening either, he's old and not in any sort of game shape so those who think he can step right in are dilutional.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

It is Friday night. If Crumpler hasn't been signed by now he is "not walking through that door" It looks to me as if we go 2 TE's only IF we bring Mills up. I am starting to believe those of you who said Chad gets a big shot this week!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

T

BB has new game plan
    More Danny
    his could be Ocho's week

Where is Price?

Bikss beat JC and Raiders
    KC blows this year
    abd Oakland ran out of gas - short week, east coast trip
    Bills missing WR's
     Dline will not get to Brady

Oakland could tag the Jets
    Jets O is not good at all

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Reiss: Patriots release Dan Gronkowski : Exactly what I was thinking BMF.  I don't see the Crumpler thing happening either, he's old and not in any sort of game shape so those who think he can step right in are dilutional.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

And delusional, too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Posted by schwank[/QUOTE]

No he won't. Seabass is out for the game so he will be the right tackle.

Sections
Shortcuts