Reiss' Recap (Saturday)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Reiss' Recap (Saturday)

Nice to see Kelly back on the field.

On the other hand the lack of mention about Bequette tells me that reports of his rising status are unfounded.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765307/observations-from-patriots-camp-day-3?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Reiss' Recap (Saturday)

There are some videos floating around on line of Amendola getting the better of both Arrington and Browner.

I have read that Edelman got into some verbal exchanges with Arrington and Revis.

Sounds like Revis is still the man most of us think he is.

Amendola sounds like he is starting off camp pretty well despite observations of him still having struggles getting on the same page as TFB.

I don't like reading this.......

Counting up the drops: A lot of dropped passes in this practice. An unofficial tally was eight drops -- from receivers Kenbrell Thompkins (2), Danny Amendola (1), Josh Boyce (1) and Brandon LaFell (1), running backs Brandon Bolden (1) and Jonas Gray (1), fullback James Develin (1). Thompkins, in particular, sputtered a bit after a strong first two days...........

But it confirms my worries about Thompkins ball skills, especially when I mentioned he was having problems at OTA's and Rusty called me a liar even after I provided proof.  Here is more proof Rusty.  Now, I hope Thompkins can get this under control, I have always had high hopes for him.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

The comment that Thompkins had a lot of dropped balls, bothered me. For the first few days without pads he was pointed out as being the best so far. As soon as the pads come on, he starts dropping balls. Is getting hit or CB's being physical stopping him from concentrating? 

I hope it is just an off day and a conditioning thing (third day of practice in a row and all that) but we will see. 

I saw some stats on Brady in the 20 year range in another thread (interesting reading by the way) and I hope one of the receivers can get on the same page with Brady in this area. We need to open up the defense a little and not let them sit on 15 yards or less routes. Make them pay when they do this. In this area we need to improve with

1. Pass protection
    2. Receivers ability to get open
    3. Brady's accuracy
    4. Brady's and receivers confidence in each other

I am hoping one of the receivers makes that step this year. It would really be nice to have to have other defenses worry about this.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice to see Kelly back on the field.

On the other hand the lack of mention about Bequette tells me that reports of his rising status are unfounded.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765307/observations-from-patriots-camp-day-3?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4765307/observations-from-patriots-camp-day-3?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

[/QUOTE

Definitely good news on Kelly. As far as Bequette, I'll need to see something out of him in preseason games to believe that he can play. Bequette was pretty bad in last year's exhibitions and he never seemed to be able to get off a block.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

There are some videos floating around on line of Amendola getting the better of both Arrington and Browner.

I have read that Edelman got into some verbal exchanges with Arrington and Revis.

Sounds like Revis is still the man most of us think he is.

Amendola sounds like he is starting off camp pretty well despite observations of him still having struggles getting on the same page as TFB.

I don't like reading this.......

Counting up the drops: A lot of dropped passes in this practice. An unofficial tally was eight drops -- from receivers Kenbrell Thompkins (2), Danny Amendola (1), Josh Boyce (1) and Brandon LaFell (1), running backs Brandon Bolden (1) and Jonas Gray (1), fullback James Develin (1). Thompkins, in particular, sputtered a bit after a strong first two days...........

But it confirms my worries about Thompkins ball skills, especially when I mentioned he was having problems at OTA's and Rusty called me a liar even after I provided proof.  Here is more proof Rusty.  Now, I hope Thompkins can get this under control, I have always had high hopes for him.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

Seems like Amendola and Thompkins are Mr. July's. Last summer they both looked good but didn't translate into a full 16 game season of consistent play. Hopefully that changes.

Revis is the man, never doubted him.

Also, I'm not surprised to hear Browner got beat by amendola. We all know by know BB struggles on smaller shifter guys that he cant get physical with. I don't expect him to be on a guy like DA in the season so it doesn't worry me.

And I don't like hearing about the drops either. But it's still early and these guys have had time off, hopefully it's just rust at this point.

I've heard LaFell isn't looking too great, which sucks because I really like him, hopefully it's just him getting acclimated here.

We need Dobson back to see what he has learned at progressed on...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Seems like Amendola and Thompkins are Mr. July's. Last summer they both looked good but didn't translate into a full 16 game season of consistent play. Hopefully that changes.

Amendola's only problem is injuries…. when healthy he catches 5/6 passes per game. IF healthy for 16 games he will have 80 plus catches for 800 plus yards. BTW, did I say if healthy?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Amendola's only problem is injuries…. when healthy he catches 5/6 passes per game. IF healthy for 16 games he will have 80 plus catches for 800 plus yards. BTW, did I say if healthy?

I believe you did say "if healthy".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Amendola's only problem is injuries…. when healthy he catches 5/6 passes per game. IF healthy for 16 games he will have 80 plus catches for 800 plus yards. BTW, did I say if healthy

Yep, obviously his only issue is injuries whereas KT  was diminished play. IF Da is healthy I see huge numbers from him as well. Like 85 and 900. Health is a BIG key as always

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:

This "if healthy" disclaimer  for this team has been getting real irratating the last few years!!!! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I read that Revis got beat by LaFell. It's the first week folks. Take it for what it is. Which isn't much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

This "if healthy" disclaimer  for this team has been getting real irratating the last few years!!!! 

It's been so frustrating! This years DL: Wilfork, Kelly, Easley, W. Smith all "if healthy" and add to Chandler Jones and Nink.... could be a real good to great unit. It'd be a treat to get consistent pressure on opposing QB's and get off the field on 3rd down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yeah. News about Bequette was the 1st thing I looked for too. Real unsettling that nothing was said. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

First day with pads on guys.  Feel free to ignore the dropped balls.  Not saying it won't be a problem with anyone, only that we can't possibly ascertain that on the first day the pads go on.

This is what being level-headed sounds like.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

First day with pads on guys.  Feel free to ignore the dropped balls.  Not saying it won't be a problem with anyone, only that we can't possibly ascertain that on the first day the pads go on.

It would be nice to ignore dropped balls but when it was such a problem last season then it's frustrating to read that it's still a problem. 

No word on Ridley fumbling yet, so that's a positive!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

I read that Revis got beat by LaFell. It's the first week folks. Take it for what it is. Which isn't much.

Exactly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

It's been so frustrating! This years DL: Wilfork, Kelly, Easley, W. Smith all "if healthy" and add to Chandler Jones and Nink.... could be a real good to great unit. It'd be a treat to get consistent pressure on opposing QB's and get off the field on 3rd down.

Same can be said of the WR group and TE. If those guys stay healthy Brady will have multiple options which will allow them to go back to being balanced and dangerous offense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Don't worry Ghost, some believe there is no suck thing as injury prone  :p

But to me it is a factor you do have to account for, esp when looking at a players potential.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

You can ignore them if there wasn't a trend. If a player has a track record of not dropping balls you can discount it but when they have that track record and you know it's something they needed to work on then you can't ignore the trend. It's like a QB with accuracy issues the previous season coming in and being wild the first week. You can't discount it, esp when they knew going into the offseason it was an major area to work on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

No word on Ridley fumbling yet, so that's a positive!

YES I know! Jeez if Ridley can hold onto the ball... huge season for him. I know I've been preaching this forever but seriously, he will take off

Sections
Shortcuts