Reiss's Mailbag

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Reiss's Mailbag

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

People are finally starting to wake up. It's about time.

This is why I don't take your evaluations of BB as a GM seriously.  Every time you get called out you claim you think he is actually pretty good, but not as good as some people here think. Despite that claim in most threads you post things like this that are not consistent with that evaluation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

the frustration level which you dont get is that a 2nd round draft choice should be starting for this team...they shouldnt have to move their best CB to S...play a 3rd or 4th rotational S (Gregory) starters snaps, when they spent a 2nd round on Wilson.

Dont even mention last years 3rd rounder Bequette not playing a single snap..

Sh1t happens...it's how you adapt to,it...and by all accounts, bb has adapted quite well. 

Where is it written that a 2nd round pick is an automatic starter year 1? They are expected to contribute which Wilson did, and, I think he steps up and has a good sophomore season. By year 2-3, he will be starting. That is a reasonable expectation for where he was drafted. A top 20-25 pick should start, and hightower and jones both do.

thats the point of the OP. BB the coach has adapted VERY well to the hand BB the GM dealt

to keep harping on the issue, BB the GM plays the salary cap better than anyone. He puts the team in the best possible position. Its then that the philosophy throws me off. This whole board except for a couple of us laughed that BB "played" the Steelers. Meanwhile, for 500k, we dont have Sanders, we used that #3 on a player who most likely does not play on Sundays (similar to last years #3) and we were "forced" to choose 2 WR's...all because of 500K

IMO, that is not smart management.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The idea that BB the coach has fixed BB the GM's problems is bogus for two reasons.  First, most NFL coaches on every team have a large say in who gets drafted.  

But 2nd, more importantly please somebody here point out the magical GM that hits on every pick, I mean if it's so easy, and there are so many successful GM's elsewhere I'd love to know who they are?

Just realize that when you pulls names from a hat the rest of the posters here are going to shred your list with the hundreds of players these GM's drafted that turned out to be "busts."  

Why?  Because the draft isn't a science, a lot depends on people and people are unpredictable and unreliable.  

You are what your record says you are, and Belichick is the best in the business. Period.

If you took a poll of coaches, players, GM's and NFL personnel and asked them who is the best football mind in the business they would choose Belichick.  Only the entitled fans, trolls and BDC employees they hire to raise the number of hits the site receives choose to disagree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

This is why I don't take your evaluations of BB as a GM seriously.  Every time you get called out you claim you think he is actually pretty good, but not as good as some people here think. Despite that claim in most threads you post things like this that are not consistent with that evaluation.

That's called "trolling".  I would throw rkarp the jets fan into this category as well. 2 dedicated trolls, posing as Pats fans. It must be exhausting...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

The idea that BB the coach has fixed BB the GM's problems is bogus for two reasons.  First, most NFL coaches on every team have a large say in who gets drafted.  

But 2nd, more importantly please somebody here point out the magical GM that hits on every pick, I mean if it's so easy, and there are so many successful GM's elsewhere I'd love to know who they are?

Just realize that when you pulls names from a hat the rest of the posters here are going to shred your list with the hundreds of players these GM's drafted that turned out to be "busts."  

Why?  Because the draft isn't a science, a lot depends on people and people are unpredictable and unreliable.  

You are what your record says you are, and Belichick is the best in the business. Period.

If you took a poll of coaches, players, GM's and NFL personnel and asked them who is the best football mind in the business they would choose Belichick.  Only the entitled fans, trolls and BDC employees they hire to raise the number of hits the site receives choose to disagree.

Wozzy, why is it that you are allowed to have some fun and speculate on the draft choices with your mock draft, yet some of us cant have some fun and second guess some of the choices BB makes? Why is that trolling? Why does that make us less of a fan?

Can someone take an objective look at the draft this year and have an opinion that the Jets made some nice draft choices, and not be a troll? Can someone take a look at the draft and have an opinion that they wished the Pats had traded up a few spots and drafted a DT?  Why is experssing an opinion on that "trolling"? Isnt this board all in good fun, throwing around some thoughts, ideas and opinions? Or does that only go for guys that post mock drafts, like we dont already have enough of those?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

That's called "trolling".  I would throw rkarp the jets fan into this category as well. 2 dedicated trolls, posing as Pats fans. It must be exhausting...

Champ, I would respond to you iof you ever had anything of substance to say on the board. But since you dont, I wont waste my time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wozzy, why is it that you are allowed to have some fun and speculate on the draft choices with your mock draft, yet some of us cant have some fun and second guess some of the choices BB makes? Why is that trolling? Why does that make us less of a fan? 

Can someone take an objective look at the draft this year and have an opinion that the Jets made some nice draft choices, and not be a troll? Can someone take a look at the draft and have an opinion that they wished the Pats had traded up a few spots and drafted a DT?  Why is experssing an opinion on that "trolling"? Isnt this board all in good fun, throwing around some thoughts, ideas and opinions? Or does that only go for guys that post mock drafts, like we dont already have enough of those?

Rkarp you are among a select group who always see the negative with our drafts yet somehow we keep on winning.  All the other teams always do so good in your estimation but it does not translate to to wins, can you explain that?  Also feel free to take my challenge above and name a couple GM's that hit on all their picks.  There aren't any, because the draft is an inexact science, it relies on people who by nature are unpredictable.  I think too many posters here don't have opinions of their own, they only have the opinions formed by talking heads, they don't do any homework on their own or critical thinking.  Please tell us, who are the perfect GM's that nail all their picks, please share?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rkarp you are among a select group who always see the negative with our drafts yet somehow we keep on winning.  All the others teams always do so good in your estimation but it does not translate to to wins, can you explain that?  Also feel free to take my challenge above and name a couple GM's that hit on all their picks.  There aren't any, because the draft is an inexact science, it relies on people who by nature are unpredictable.  I think too many posters here don't have opinions of their own, they only have the opinions formed by talking heads, they don't do any homework on their own or critical thinking.  Please tell us, who are the perfect GM's that nail all their picks, please share?

Wozzy, as I have said, the players picked are irrelevant. It is the phiolosophy behind the picks that I scratch my head over.

The winning ways are because of superior coaching and Brady. Not because of superior drafting. The Pats are about league average. And I am fine with league average...

Wozzy, can you explain why they didnt draft a DT?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Finally someone else is waking up to the BDC!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Also, Tavon Wilson progressed well last year as a rookie. 

Your level of dense is astonishing. Explain to us what don't you "get" about - Wilson could have been drafted much later? DENSE.

Yes, Wilson and hthis years Wilson were A reach. I agree with that. However, if you forget where Wilson was picked and what his production was, I would say it was good production for a year 1 kid selected in the 2nd round. I sometimes think our expectations for players, especially rooks is a bit too high. jones and Hightower were selected in round 1, both started and were good. Mccourtselected in round 1, was good first year at cb. Same can be said for most if not all of bb's 1st round selections...round 2-3 on average I think is where you find solid contributors year 1, that are expected to crack the starting lineup by year 2-3...at least that is my expectation...

The point remains that he very likely could have been had for less resources. Nothing can change that.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Rkarp you are among a select group who always see the negative with our drafts yet somehow we keep on winning.

How?

Medicore team + #12 = keep on winning (plus a great HC)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

If you notice, they all excuse our offense and Brady for putting up 13 or 14 points in big games in the easiest offensive era ever, but they constantly bash BB for every single move.

Zip it BassFisting. You are insane.

When O-lines can't block, runners can't run and receivers can't catch, it's not on the GOAT dumbkoff.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

How?

If a great QB and a great HC is all you need to win in the NFL then why did the Marino/Shula combo from 1986-1995 compile a mediocre 81-62 record, 4 seasons with 8 or less wins, 1 division title and only 4 playoff appearances.  As a fan of the NFL you might have heard of these guys?  Shula just so happened to win more games than any coach in NFL history and Marino was a first ballot hall of famer.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Champ, I would respond to you iof you ever had anything of substance to say on the board. But since you dont, I wont waste my time

That's ok amigo, I stopped reading your latest attempts at tearing down BB when you said you spoke with " guys who's job it is to know" that our draftees won't have an impact. I mean, you just have spoke with coaches right? Wr coaches? DB coaches? Matt Patricia maybe? Josh Mcdaniels? When they told you that our draft picks stunk did you ask them if they ever voiced their displeasure with BB? Anyway until you name these sources and we can verify your agenda driven comments, we will have to chalk it up as more rkarp anti BB rhetoric.

Good luck with Geno Smith this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Rkarp you are among a select group who always see the negative with our drafts yet somehow we keep on winning.

How?

He started 4 rookies on D in 2010, dealt Marony and Moss, acquired Branch and the team went 14-2. Not only was he coach of the year, he/Caserio/Reese should have walked away with the GM of the year award.

There is absolultey nothing remotely mediocre about the great overall talent he has acquired here.

You're a joke of a Pats fan. A joke. The anti-BB media has taken over fans like you which is incredibly disturbing.

It's what Goebbels did in Germany. Say it so many times over and over, even if it's not true, you get a lot of people to believe all at once.

Sick. Absolutely sick.

You are insane BassFisting.

I predated the media in this assessment. They have little or no influence on me.

Bottom line: Mediocre team around Brady.

Plug Brady into the fish or jets the last half decade or so and the records reverse themselves and the jets probably have 2 rings.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

How?

If a great QB and a great HC is all you need to win in the NFL then why did the Marino/Shula combo from 1986-1995 compile a mediocre 81-62 record, 4 seasons with 8 or less wins, 1 division title and only 4 playoff appearances.  As a fan of the NFL you might have heard of these guys?  Shula just so happened to win more games than any coach in NFL history and Marino was a first ballot hall of famer.

You're joking right?

You are actually going to compare the Shula/Marino Fish in a division against the loaded Bills teams of Kelly/Thomas to the AFCE Brady/BB have these days?

Weak. Very weak.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Whoops. Looks like Babe is well behind the 8 ball now.

Just hit that 8-ball out of the park BassFisting. You're a madman. Get help.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

You're joking right?

You are actually going to compare the Shula/Marino Fish in a division against the loaded Bills teams of Kelly/Thomas to the AFCE Brady/BB have these days?

Weak. Very weak.

The first 4 years of that sample was before the Bills were any good (they had a combined record from 86-89 of 28 wins and 29 losses) and the Phins missed the playoffs all 4 years and never won more than 8 games.  Try again?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wozzy, as I have said, the players picked are irrelevant. It is the phiolosophy behind the picks that I scratch my head over.

The winning ways are because of superior coaching and Brady. Not because of superior drafting. The Pats are about league average. And I am fine with league average...

Wozzy, can you explain why they didnt draft a DT?

They didn't draft a DT because of Tommy Kelly, I suggested this might be the case on my draft thread the day after they acquired him.

You say it's not about the players but you're nitpicking the picks, which is it?

BB drafted Brady, so that shoots holes in that flimsy argument, besides them going 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB.

I'm inviting you, Babe and anyone else to name the GM's that pick all winners... I suspect you all will continue to ignore this request and keep arguing without providing any specific examples?!

Sections
Shortcuts