Reiss's Mailbag

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Reiss's Mailbag

In response to wozzy's comment:

I'm inviting you, Babe and anyone else to name the GM's that pick all winners... I suspect you all will continue to ignore this request and keep arguing without providing any specific examples?!

"Insert sound of crickets chirping"

"chirp"

Sorry I missed that direct challenge wozz.

No GM picks all winners.

I have never said BB is a bad GM. I've just said he isn't a great GM. Great coach, yes, GM, no.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I'm inviting you, Babe and anyone else to name the GM's that pick all winners... I suspect you all will continue to ignore this request and keep arguing without providing any specific examples?!

"Insert sound of crickets chirping"

"chirp"

Wozzy, as I said, it isnt the players chosen, it is the philosophy of always chasing the "value" when "performance" is needed.

Of course we will see what happens when the pads are on, but I for one was disappointed that DT was not addressed, and the team traded back rather than forward to take one. Cant I express that opinion here?  

BB is about league average with the draft, everyone has said that.  Pre 2010, his drafts were not good, 2010 thru last year he has greatly improved.  

Repeat, repeat, repeat. BB is a great coach. Maybe the best in NFL history. He is a great GM, maneuvering the cap better than anyone. I have not been in agreement with his drafting and free agency philosophy.

Does that answer your chirp?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

if you want to blame the defense for everything, go right ahead babe....but if you cant admit that brady's play has fallen off in the big games, then you are just clueless. the stats do not lie.

I admit when the team can't block, run or catch Brady is sometimes unable to pull the game out for them. He's human. Never said he wasn't.

such a cop out reply, i swear you will blame anyone just to deflect blame from brady. you probobaly have even thought things up like blaming the fans at the super bowl for taking too many pictures while brady is trying to throw the ball and messing up his vision....just stop it already. they had sub-par games in sb 42, sb 46 and in this past afc title game, brady is not excluded from the responsibility. when you are the face of the franchise, and your team loses like that, espescially when you cant score a single point in the 2nd half, yes you deserve part of the blame.

Nonsense.

The problem is people like you look to Brady to bail the team out when they play badly. He just doesn't do that all the time. Nobody does.

You mention his sub par game in SB 42, but fail to note the 5 sacks and 15 or so more hits he had to take because of poor line play. You ignore his last minutes drive for a score to give us a lead. This is just one example of why you are FOS Rusty. SB 46 with a 91 passer arting and 2 TDs with one pick is nothing to criticize (much better numbers without the desperation drive the D collpase forced on him). Again, this shows you are FOS Rusty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

He's the greatest GM of all time, you idiot.

He built a dynasty, had a 16-0 team, has been the architect of FIVE SB teams with 3 rings.

Not one GM in the cap era, over the last TWENTY YEARS, can claim this on a resume.

Nutjob you are the only one calling him the GOAT GM. Can you find any expert that agrees with you?

He didn't build a dynasty. He inherited a slew of great players, got lucky with the Brady pick and added a few good parts.

BassFisting bludgeoned yet again. So easy. Probably because you are mad as a flippin hatter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if you want to blame the defense for everything, go right ahead babe....but if you cant admit that brady's play has fallen off in the big games, then you are just clueless. the stats do not lie.

I admit when the team can't block, run or catch Brady is sometimes unable to pull the game out for them. He's human. Never said he wasn't.

such a cop out reply, i swear you will blame anyone just to deflect blame from brady. you probobaly have even thought things up like blaming the fans at the super bowl for taking too many pictures while brady is trying to throw the ball and messing up his vision....just stop it already. they had sub-par games in sb 42, sb 46 and in this past afc title game, brady is not excluded from the responsibility. when you are the face of the franchise, and your team loses like that, espescially when you cant score a single point in the 2nd half, yes you deserve part of the blame.

Nonsense.

The problem is people like you look to Brady to bail the team out when they play badly. He just doesn't do that all the time. Nobody does.

You mention his sub par game in SB 42, but fail to note the 5 sacks and 15 or so more hits he had to take because of poor line play. You ignore his last minutes drive for a score to give us a lead. This is just one example of why you are FOS Rusty. SB 46 with a 91 passer arting and 2 TDs with one pick is nothing to criticize (much better numbers without the desperation drive the D collpase forced on him). Again, this shows you are FOS Rusty.

ill give you that he played decent in super bowl 46, he actually played very well up until the hernandez td, and then it went south until the drive where the welker drop happened. but the int he threw was horrible judgement on his part and the safety was just mindblowingly dumb. yes, the giants d-line had good games in both of the super bowls, you are right, but there were plenty of times where he had enough time to throw and just missed his mark. but its not about bailing the team out, i could see what you were saying if the game was a shootout and brady had to put up tons of points to keep the team in the game, but that wasnt the case. in both games, the defense did a good job keeping the giants off the board..brady needed one more score in both of those games and he would have 5 rings, but it just didnt happen. 21 and 17 points shouldnt be too difficult for an offense as loaded as the pats to score...i mean didnt brady laugh when some giant player said the pats would score 17 points in super bowl 42? well, they didnt even score 17.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Nonsense.

ill give you that he played decent in super bowl 46, he actually played very well up until the hernandez td, and then it went south until the drive where the welker drop happened. but the int he threw was horrible judgement on his part and the safety was just mindblowingly dumb. yes, the giants d-line had good games in both of the super bowls, you are right, but there were plenty of times where he had enough time to throw and just missed his mark. but its not about bailing the team out, i could see what you were saying if the game was a shootout and brady had to put up tons of points to keep the team in the game, but that wasnt the case. in both games, the defense did a good job keeping the giants off the board..brady needed one more score in both of those games and he would have 5 rings, but it just didnt happen. 21 and 17 points shouldnt be too difficult for an offense as loaded as the pats to score...i mean didnt brady laugh when some giant player said the pats would score 17 points in super bowl 42? well, they didnt even score 17.

All this has been explained to you before, but you have no real interest in gleaning a greater understanding so I'm not going to waste the time and elaborate.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

"Expert"? Like who?

I am not even sure anyone really even talks about who the greatest are. I've given my list here many times and my reasoning for why.

Either form a premise which explains why the pre cap and current cap era are the same thing and just as difficult to teambuild, or walk away and admit outright defeat.

He did build a dynasty. Every FA he brought in here in 2001 or 2003 or 2004, draft pick, OR the good, but not great players like Bruschi, Law, McGinest, Milloy, etc, were all then kept and coached up by BB.

He rid the franchise of bad contracts Lane and Rucci and then made the unpopular decision to turn to Brady over Bledsoe.

These are all GM based moves which helped build a dynasty! Yes!

Who else did it?  Mickey Mouse?

And since then, he's still built completely different teams for SB runs in 2007 and 2011. AFC title game losses in 2006 or 2011 show inept offenses in the second halves of those games, which is not all on him as a the coach, either.

Show this board a better resume in the cap era or show the board why the cap era is the same in terms of degrees of difficulty in teambuilding.

We're waiting............

Nutcase trim down these responses as a courtesy to your fellow posters. Since you are otherwise useless around here, that's the least you could do.

So, correct me if I'm wrong Mad Hatter. You are now telling us BB is the greatest GM ever because he didn't get rid of great players he inherited?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

^^Backpedal. You don't elaborate or debate with anything because your reponses are all 6-7 words and start and end with namecalling.

All you do with every response is dig yourself a bigger hole which is what you do with your weak agenda (and your buddies).

Zip it BassFisting. I was talking to your other self. Go take your meds.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

Wozzy, as I said, it isnt the players chosen, it is the philosophy of always chasing the "value" when "performance" is needed.

Of course we will see what happens when the pads are on, but I for one was disappointed that DT was not addressed, and the team traded back rather than forward to take one. Cant I express that opinion here?  

BB is about league average with the draft, everyone has said that.  Pre 2010, his drafts were not good, 2010 thru last year he has greatly improved.  

Repeat, repeat, repeat. BB is a great coach. Maybe the best in NFL history. He is a great GM, maneuvering the cap better than anyone. I have not been in agreement with his drafting and free agency philosophy.

No actually you and Babe did exactly what I thought you would; deflect.

Give us three GM's that are better than BB at picking talent, if he is "average" at best than this shouldn't be too difficult?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Give us three GM's that are better than BB at picking talent, if he is "average" at best than this shouldn't be too difficult?

You didn't ask me to name a better GM. You asked me to name GMs who picked all winners. I answered what you asked.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You didn't ask me to name a better GM. You asked me to name GMs who picked all winners. I answered what you asked. 

So if he's average, than who is better, I mean if there are 32 teams than there must be 15 or more that are better, give us three so we can dissect their picks and make this argument look as silly as it really is?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

I said pre 2010 I thought he had a stretch that he did a poor job. Since 2010 I would say Baalke, Ozzie, Reese, Schneider, Thompson, Colbert, Loomis off the top of my head...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

I think BB is great at evaluating talent. But come on, he isn't the best at everything  and ignoring the fact that the Superbowls he won were with a largely inherited group of defenders that were HOF caliber is just a disingenuous way to carry on. 

He's made some tremendous selections for sure, and some really savvy moves in trade. 

But at evaluating talent?

I can give two right off the top of my head (of course in MY opinion) that have done a better job in the last six or so, and another in the last 10 (less perhaps the last season or so). 

Jerry Reese and Kevin Colbert. These guys pick WRs, OL, and pass rushers off of trees. At least tow of those categories BB has struggled with. 

Now you guys can blow me up, calling me "irrational", pink hat, stupid, Jets fan, troll. Whatever. I have to go to the tailor. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rusty's right, all of these guys you mention miss the playoffs a fair amount, whereas Belichick never does.  

You can trumpet that Belichick inherited such and such players, but with no Richard Seymour the Patriots win no rings, oh and that Brady guy he drafted had something to do with it also. 

Also it's worth noting that Pete Carroll inherited those same players and did nothing...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Rusty's right, all of these guys you mention miss the playoffs a fair amount, whereas Belichick never does.  

You can trumpet that Belichick inherited such and such players, but with no Richard Seymour the Patriots win no rings, oh and that Brady guy he drafted had something to do with it also. 

Also it's worth noting that Pete Carroll inherited those same players and did nothing...

You asked for 3, I gave you 5...others have chimed in they feel BB has deficiencies when drafting (as every one does)...

No one here is going to do a study, but it has been done...Pats around league average, slightly above.

To say BB was better than average pre 2010 is simply false.