Reiss's Mailbag

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Reiss's Mailbag

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

People are finally starting to wake up. It's about time.

This is why I don't take your evaluations of BB as a GM seriously.  Every time you get called out you claim you think he is actually pretty good, but not as good as some people here think. Despite that claim in most threads you post things like this that are not consistent with that evaluation.

No. I have very consistently said BB is an average to above average GM. His trading and cap skills are a cut above and his drafting and FA signings are mediocre.

Many people are catching up with me and realizing he is no great GM by any means. And I have consistently claimed he is the best HC around.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

You're joking right?

You are actually going to compare the Shula/Marino Fish in a division against the loaded Bills teams of Kelly/Thomas to the AFCE Brady/BB have these days?

Weak. Very weak.

The first 4 years of that sample was before the Bills were any good (they had a combined record from 86-89 of 28 wins and 29 losses) and the Phins missed the playoffs all 4 years and never won more than 8 games.  Try again?

No need to "try again". The 9 years you cherry picked include a Bills team in the same division that made the playoffs 7 times!

Got anything to compare to that in our division in the BB era?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Whoops. Looks like Babe is well behind the 8 ball now.

Just hit that 8-ball out of the park BassFisting. You're a madman. Get help.

The 8 ball is firmly entrenched in your rectum, as per usual Babie-pooh.

The insane usually resort to this sort of weak response when they have been owned BassFisting. Thanks for not letting us down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

You're joking right?

You are actually going to compare the Shula/Marino Fish in a division against the loaded Bills teams of Kelly/Thomas to the AFCE Brady/BB have these days?

Weak. Very weak.

The first 4 years of that sample was before the Bills were any good (they had a combined record from 86-89 of 28 wins and 29 losses) and the Phins missed the playoffs all 4 years and never won more than 8 games.  Try again?

I've asked Babe to answer the Marino/Shula question numerous times but he can't.  The winningest coach of all time, the greatest statistical QB of all time: no rings.  Football isn't all QB, it's the ultimate team sport, laying everything at Brady's feet is lazy posting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

No need to "try again". The 9 years you cherry picked include a Bills team in the same division that made the playoffs 7 times!

Way to ignore my response.  Explain how the Phins missed the playoffs 4 years in a row from 86-89 if all you need is a QB to and a great coach to win.  They actually did worse in those 4 years than they did when the Bills were loaded.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Rkarp you are among a select group who always see the negative with our drafts yet somehow we keep on winning.

How?

Medicore team + #12 = keep on winning (plus a great HC)

He started 4 rookies on D in 2010, dealt Marony and Moss, acquired Branch and the team went 14-2. Not only was he coach of the year, he/Caserio/Reese should have walked away with the GM of the year award.

There is absolultey nothing remotely mediocre about the great overall talent he has acquired here.

You're a joke of a Pats fan. A joke. The anti-BB media has taken over fans like you which is incredibly disturbing.

It's what Goebbels did in Germany. Say it so many times over and over, even if it's not true, you get a lot of people to believe all at once.

Sick. Absolutely sick.

You are insane BassFisting.

I predated the media in this assessment. They have little or no influence on me.

Bottom line: Mediocre team around Brady.

Plug Brady into the fish or jets the last half decade or so and the records reverse themselves and the jets probably have 2 rings.

Laughable. The Jets had very little in terms of depth or quality, 

Right Bassfisting. The jets #1 defense in 2009 and #6 in 2010 were a big liability for them. Learn the game you complete madman.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Way to ignore my response.  Explain how the Phins missed the playoffs 4 years in a row from 86-89 if all you need is a QB to and a great coach to win.  They actually did worse in those 4 years than they did when the Bills were loaded.

(Exactly how am I "ignoring your response"?)

Fine tuning your cherry picking I see. Alrighty then.

In 86 they had to deal with a super bowl bound Patriots.

In 87 the whole division was extremely close.

In 88-89 the Bills were entrenched as the team to beat in the division.

There was nothing like this to contend with in our division in the BB era.

As an added note: don't even mention Brady in the same sentence as Marino. Brady is leaps and bounds better than him at taking care of the ball.

This little joust we are having might be more interesting if you actually had the equation I stated right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Also, Babe, Brady SUCKED in the 2011 AFC title game.  No way you can say that Brady got us to the SB. He also SUCKED in the 2007 AFC title game with 3 INTs, one in the end zone.

God bless Laura Maroney and his 122 yards, much of which came in the 4th.

Looks like Brady has had a lot of people picking him up of late in the playoffs, huh? lmao

Learn the game nutjob.

No QB has a great game every time out due to numerous factors beyond themselves.

Montana was 4-3 in Conference Championships BassFisting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Defensive rankings based on yards allowed don't  matter. What were their points allowed?  Hmm?

GET HELP, you depraved LUNATIC.

They were #1 in 2009 for POINTS ALLOWED and #6 in 2010. You are unbelievably daft.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Defensive rankings based on yards allowed don't  matter. What were their points allowed?  Hmm?

GET HELP, you depraved LUNATIC.

They were #1 in 2009 for POINTS ALLOWED and #6 in 2010. You are unbelievably daft.

Post the points allowed for the Jets and Pats in those years. Why won't you do it?

Jets #1 in 2009. NE? #5.

Case closed.

4 spots away from one another in a "ranking" scenario is a moot point and irrelevant point to make.

This is fun exposing you.

Right nutcase. Giving up 20% more points per game is no big deal. Learn the game fool.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if you want to blame the defense for everything, go right ahead babe....but if you cant admit that brady's play has fallen off in the big games, then you are just clueless. the stats do not lie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Umm, it's not a big number at all when we know BB is infamous for taking his foot off the gas with big leads, using the clock and keeping plays and schemes for later in the year.

Right BassFisting. That must be why BB is infamous for demanding the team play a full 60 minutes.

Junior thrashed again today for the nutcake he truly is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

if you want to blame the defense for everything, go right ahead babe....but if you cant admit that brady's play has fallen off in the big games, then you are just clueless. the stats do not lie.

I admit when the team can't block, run or catch Brady is sometimes unable to pull the game out for them. He's human. Never said he wasn't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Wozzy, as I have said, the players picked are irrelevant. It is the phiolosophy behind the picks that I scratch my head over.

The winning ways are because of superior coaching and Brady. Not because of superior drafting. The Pats are about league average. And I am fine with league average...

Wozzy, can you explain why they didnt draft a DT?

They didn't draft a DT because of Tommy Kelly, I suggested this might be the case on my draft thread the day after they acquired him.

You say it's not about the players but you're nitpicking the picks, which is it?

BB drafted Brady, so that shoots holes in that flimsy argument, besides them going 11-5 with Matt Cassel at QB.

I'm inviting you, Babe and anyone else to name the GM's that pick all winners... I suspect you all will continue to ignore this request and keep arguing without providing any specific examples?!

"Insert sound of crickets chirping"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Also, NE led the NFL with Minny that year for least amount of red zone rushing TDs.

That's interesting. Got any other cherries you've picked to share with us coo coo bird?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I'm inviting you, Babe and anyone else to name the GM's that pick all winners... I suspect you all will continue to ignore this request and keep arguing without providing any specific examples?!

"Insert sound of crickets chirping"

"chirp"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

I admit when the team can't block, run or catch Brady is sometimes unable to pull the game out for them. He's human. Never said he wasn't.

such a cop out reply, i swear you will blame anyone just to deflect blame from brady. you probobaly have even thought things up like blaming the fans at the super bowl for taking too many pictures while brady is trying to throw the ball and messing up his vision....just stop it already. they had sub-par games in sb 42, sb 46 and in this past afc title game, brady is not excluded from the responsibility. when you are the face of the franchise, and your team loses like that, espescially when you cant score a single point in the 2nd half, yes you deserve part of the blame.

Sections
Shortcuts