Reiss's Rookie Reviews

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Re: Reiss's Rookie Reviews

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Punter Ryan Allen: The undrafted free agent ranks 10th in the NFL with a 46.4 average and 16th in net punting (39.9) as he's proven to be up to the task of replacing veteran  Zoltan Mesko. He's also the holder on field goals, andStephen Gostkowski is 22 of 23 this season. Allen's eight touchbacks are tied for the NFL high, which is an area for improvement.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm really starting to wonder if the holding thing was the tie breaker in why he beat out Zoltan.  Mesko always seemed to have good holds on video while Ghost was going through his troubles the past couple years, but it could be something minor in the way he was holding was throwing off the kicks.  You always hear how every kick is a combination of the snap, hold and kick, but most everybody always blows off the first 2 parts of the process and blames the kicker alone when things go wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

It seems to me a lot of these guys will end up being longterm contributors. 

Bill Belichick does a good job picking at the bottom of the rounds each year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Overall fair assesment by Reiss.  There is a poster who goes out of his way to say that this year's draft class is subpar (you're gonna make that proclamation after 9 games into their rookie years?) and that guys like Ryan and Harmon are only here because they went to Rutgers.  I don't see it that way.  I've seen more good than bad from those two.  No superstars in this class I'm guessing, but one never knows.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Mid Year AFC East Player Rankings by ProFootball Focus:  https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/06/2013-midseason-all-division-team-afc-east/

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker, Nick Folk, NYJ (+22.2Perfect on the year with a habit for game winners.

Punter, Brandon Fields, MIA (+6.9) Not at his best but still better than the rest of the AFC East.

Returner, Julian Edelman, NE (+5.4) Never seems far away from breaking one for a big run.

Special Teamer, Jamie Collins, NE (+6.5) The rookie has proven an ability to deliver on kickoffs and punts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to bobomul's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Special Teamer, Jamie Collins, NE (+6.5) The rookie has proven an ability to deliver on kickoffs and punts.

[/QUOTE]

I was hoping to see more of Collins, but it's hard for him to break thru the depth chart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Overall fair assesment by Reiss.  There is a poster who goes out of his way to say that this year's draft class is subpar (you're gonna make that proclamation after 9 games into their rookie years?) and that guys like Ryan and Harmon are only here because they went to Rutgers.  I don't see it that way.  I've seen more good than bad from those two.  No superstars in this class I'm guessing, but one never knows.   

[/QUOTE]

There is a poster who goes out of his way to say

Only one? :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

As I read this, I thought it was stunning how many rookies are on this team and contributing in some fashion.

[/QUOTE]

What did you think, BB was going to have them sitting way back on the bench sucking their thumbs Megatool? There are nearly no roster spots that a HC can afford to carry complete deadwood on. Learn the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm focusing on the one who has consistently, week-to-week, revived his thread from the graveyard as if he means to say "see, I was right, these rooks are terrible".  I jut don't see things his way I guess.  I see some decent contributions from this rookie class, meant to include UDFAs and guys like Jones who was released by two teams before he showed up here. 

But point taken, more than one for sure.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm focusing on the one who has consistently, week-to-week, revived his thread from the graveyard as if he means to say "see, I was right, these rooks are terrible".  I jut don't see things his way I guess.  I see some decent contributions from this rookie class, meant to include UDFAs and guys like Jones who was released by two teams before he showed up here. 

But point taken, more than one for sure.  

[/QUOTE]

Just having some fun.  I remember a group of posters here saying we were wasting TB's career and we should cut all the rookies after week 2. 

The contributions by the rookies this year has been big.  Love seeing the Pats get younger.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As I read this, I thought it was stunning how many rookies are on this team and contributing in some fashion.

[/QUOTE]

What did you think, BB was going to have them sitting way back on the bench sucking their thumbs Megatool? There are nearly no roster spots that a HC can afford to carry complete deadwood on. Learn the game.

[/QUOTE]

Babe, comment is a bit harsh; pls stay on subject not on the personality, ok?  Your stuff is usually good when you do this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SilverSun's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe, comment is a bit harsh; pls stay on subject not on the personality, ok?  Your stuff is usually good when you do this.

[/QUOTE]

His stuff is never good. He dribbles out 5-7 word retorts that say nothing, other than some kind of deflection from Brady's poor play.

A little odd that good news via our own GM or coach is met with such anger from him, don't you think?

[/QUOTE]

Don't worry yourself dumbkoff, that twit is on ignore. He's probably one of your fakes.

My "dribbles" own you every single day. I have bludgeoned you senseless with facts so many times I've lost count. You know it. I know it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Gotta be happy with what the rookies have done this year, starting with making the team.  Those slots are earned in NE.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

I've been very happy with all the contributions made by the rookies. I would've have been even happier had T.J.Moe not gone down in the pre-season. Also if PorkChop Grissom not done the same, we might not have needed to trade for Sopoaga, as he is as big as a house. This years' crop has had a it's ups and downs but for the most part they've progressed nicely. Though I loved Zoltan Mesko I knew that Allen would win the job for two reasons, talent and affordability. A two time Ray Guy award winner and he went undrafted! Lucky break for the Patriots....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jetsbarf. Show jetsbarf's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to SilverSun's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His stuff is never good. He dribbles out 5-7 word retorts that say nothing, other than some kind of deflection from Brady's poor play.

A little odd that good news via our own GM or coach is met with such anger from him, don't you think?

[/QUOTE]

Don't worry yourself dumbkoff, that twit is on ignore. He's probably one of your fakes.

My "dribbles" own you every single day. I have bludgeoned you senseless with facts so many times I've lost count. You know it. I know it.

[/QUOTE]

Babe...proof that there's no fool like an old fool...unless it's an old fool who wears aftershave that comes from a bottle with a sailing ship on it...

Sections
Shortcuts