Rekindle the Lloyd Talk!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Rekindle the Lloyd Talk!

http://missourisportsmag.com/?p=57194

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Re: Rekindle the Lloyd Talk!

Color me stupid, but why would we have to go to Missouri Sports Mag. to read a story stating the Boston Globe is reporting that Lloyd is in talks, when we're posting on the Boston Globe's website?

...or is your post tongue-in-cheek?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

In Response to Re: Rekindle the Lloyd Talk!:
    [QUOTE]Color me stupid, but why would we have to go to Missouri Sports Mag. to read a story stating the Boston Globe is reporting that Lloyd is in talks, when we're posting on the Boston Globe's website? ...or is your post tongue-in-cheek?
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

You're not stupid, and my tongue is not lodged in my cheek.

This was the only link I could find -- saw it over in the comments section of an ESPNBoston article. Clicked the link and saw that it looked legit and was worth sharing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Well thanks for sharing! Good news, I was beginning to think that we were going to ignore him but I'm happy to hear that they are talking. Lets hope they come together and get a team friendly deal set up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Well thanks for sharing! Good news, I was beginning to think that we were going to ignore him but I'm happy to hear that they are talking. Lets hope they come together and get a team friendly deal set up.

Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

But there's nothing in the Globe that corroborates this (that I can find?). So it's just more misleading journalism. Ignore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

missouri sports mag lol!
    i think rob lowe is a better source even

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

funny we haven't heard this from the boston globe! and he hasn't been in town.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Don't assume we know everyone who's in town.

Amendola was reportedly seen.

Then Reiss comments it could have been for a death in the family.

But the question begs; was the death at Patriot Place? If not, why was he seen there?

There was no news from the team that they were going to meet with Amendola, or that they did, or even know who he is.

The Pats are one of the most secretive teams in the NFL. Don't expect everything to be obvious, I wouldn't be shocked for them to fly players into RI or CT and transport them from there to avoid the media at Logan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I found this in the Extra Points blog from a couple of days ago.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2012/03/how_will_the_pa.html

The Patriots may also be looking to nail down receiver Brandon Lloyd today, according to sources.

He wants to be here, he knows the offense, and the market may not be great for him so the Patriots should get him at an affordable rate. We detailed the good and bad of Lloyd’s well-traveled (the Patriots would be his sixth team in nine years) 11-year career on Sunday. Yes, there are factors that give you some pause, but the presence of offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels on the staff alleviates much of that, and as long as the Patriots protect themselves a little financially, Lloyd seems to be a solid play by the Patriots. Getting a legit outside-the-numbers receiver done early will allow them to look at other positions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

The Globe did report that the Patriots are actively working on Lloyd.  I believe this is what the above article is referencing:

"As for receiver Brandon Lloyd, who is supposed to be visiting the 49ers, a league source said the Patriots are still working to get him into the fold. Giants receiver Mario Manningham is also scheduled to visit San Francisco."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think both sides where letting the market settle to get a fair deal for both sides. Maybe, going to the 49ers was a way to judge his value on the market?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I found an article at Readers Digest online that confirms Lloyd is still being looked at by the Patriots.  I searched for the link but couldn't find it but then I came across another article about this over at the Field and Stream magazine online site but forgot copy the link.  My neighbor just called and told me that there is the same article at Mechanics World magazine online but he didn't give me the link.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

LOL I think I saw something in "Cat Fancy" regarding Lloyd coming here!!  Which means it's pretty much a done deal.  HA!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Hustler says Lloyd would be a good fit, but Playboy and Penthouse are both for getting Wallace.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I could have sworn that I seen an article at Arts and Crafts magazine online that said something to the fact that since Manningham didn't sign with the 49'ers that Lloyd is still in play for them.  Hope the Patriots jump on him fast unless of course they are going after Wallace.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Cosmopolitan-the magazine for fun, fearless females- says its Lloyd.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rekindle the Lloyd Talk! : You're not stupid, and my tongue is not lodged in my cheek. This was the only link I could find -- saw it over in the comments section of an ESPNBoston article. Clicked the link and saw that it looked legit and was worth sharing.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be a smart-azz, there are enough of those around here.  I had seen that link on another board too, but couldn't find the actual story anywhere in the Boston Globe itself.  I want to believe it, but just thought it was odd that the Missouri rag mentioned their source, but the source information doesn't seem to exist.

That was all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

'Cat Fancy'....'Arts & Crafts'...lol - good stuff.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

i took a peek and slow cooker monthly while i was in line at the super market last night and they said that the combination of the pats and lloyd was a low and slow affair, but there was a chance that the power could go out during the 72 hour cook time and it would all be ruined.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

They need to add the feature to "recommend" or "like" posts on this board like they do when commenting under the regular articles on the site. 

Good one ChasaB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

BradyMossFan gets the nod for creating the concept, but theshinez deserves honorable mention for injecting Cat Fancy into the discussion.

I was hoping somebody would drop in a Sassy reference . . .   but I guess you can't have everything.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]i took a peek and slow cooker monthly
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

WINNER!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyWelkerFan. Show BradyWelkerFan's posts

Lloyd would be a good outside the numbers fit for the Pats.  I like Branch but he isnt what he used to be and Im not so sure about Ocho in this system. I think Lloyd would fit very nice in NE.  Pats gotta get him and take the chance with him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cock_Landers. Show Cock_Landers's posts

What does Rob Lowe have to add and update to the Lloyd talks concerning the Patriots? We need reliable inside information.