Release the Gronken

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Release the Gronken

"Strong safety Bernard Pollard (6-1, 224), who has the speed to keep pace with Gronkowski and Hernandez, said the key may lie in being physical with that duo.

“If you look at them, sometimes they run downfield by themselves. We can’t have that happen,” Pollard said. “We have to have guys on them at all times. We’ve got to run around, we’ve got to hit, we’ve got to tackle. I’m a strong believer that if you hit, tackle, and hit people hard, people don’t like that. A lot of people don’t like that. Not to say that they’re soft or anything else. I’m just saying that a lot of offensive people don’t like being hit.”

one of the many reasons i love 87; I can't see him shying away from contact. 

I believe they could hammer, harrass and frustrate him all game - and this guy would bear down, and keep coming back, keep going over the middle, keep initiating contact - until there's a breakdown...

And then would come the spike. 

Sorry Ravens.  Just don't see you intimidating this kid.  He'll eat it up with a smile.

link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-defense-getting-its-fill-of-patriots-gronkowski-and-hernandez-20120118,0,1548549.story

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Release the Gronken

*yawn*

Is it Sunday yet?!

I mean really..

Thats why we have the ability to put Gronk in motion or split em out wide and good luck trying to jam him on the outside....lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Therer is no Buzzards LB, S or CB big enough to stop Gronk 1 on 1. He most likely will be the person double teamed. I expect to see Pollard & a LB on him all day. LB to bump him as he comes off the line, then Pollard picks him up. They will try to harass him, but in the end, Gronk will get his.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

agree Lifer.

his brothers would  hold him down and beat him - and as soon as they let him up he was swinging.  i see a parallel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

release the Beast!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Don't we hear this talk from someone on the opponents D week in and week out?  In the end, they either they get Gronked or a bad "Hernya"...  or "Welk'd" over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

good one Bill

Or like last week they can get Branched!

Or if we reallly wanted to get cute, we can dust off ol 85'

My feeling is if they decide to double anyone, it works for us.

if Pollard doubles Gronk, he cant smack anyone over the middle.

Branch and Ocho will surely be single covered and they dont even mention who their 2nd and 3rd Cbs are.

Then you have Danny out the backfield. Edleman, .....Come get some!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Release the Gronken:
    [QUOTE]good one Bill Or like last week they can get Branched! Or if we reallly wanted to get cute, we can dust off ol 85' My feeling is if they decide to double anyone, it works for us. if Pollard doubles Gronk, he cant smack anyone over the middle. Branch and Ocho will surely be single covered and they dont even mention who their 2nd and 3rd Cbs are. Then you have Danny out the backfield. Edleman, .....Come get some!!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    ...and what do they say about the Ravens?  It is Rice or bust!!  As for the Pats, we'd have to insert numerous names in there since compared to the Ravens, Pats have too many playmakers!

Sections
Shortcuts