Released Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Released Patriots

cuts starting: S Josh Barrett and DB Ross Ventrone released

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Released Patriots

another one for Pats: veteran DE Gerard Warren to be released. that brings team to 82...have to be at 75 by Monday 4p

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Didn't Ventrone set some sort of record last year for being cut and resigned the most times in a single season?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm a bit surprised about Warren.  I thought he did well last year.  Maybe he will be back a bit into the season like last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Released Patriots:
    [QUOTE]I'm a bit surprised about Warren.  I thought he did well last year.  Maybe he will be back a bit into the season like last year.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

I think that if he doesn't sign with someone else that he's going to be hanging around ready for that call if they need him. Looks like they are going to go with some of these younger guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a bit surprised about Warren.  I thought he did well last year.  Maybe he will be back a bit into the season like last year.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

I think it was a favor by BB. Gives him a head start to talk to other teams and if no one signs him then he's on speed dial

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Francis,Deaderick,Brace,Pryor and Love all made G.Warren expendable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Looks like Stallworth is gone

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

The Patriots have released wide receiver Donte' Stallworth, reports ProFootballTalk.com.

After not playing until late in the fourth quarter in Friday's preseason loss in Tampa, his release does not come as a surprise. Fellow veteran Deion Branch had clearly won a training camp battle for the team's No. 3 receiver spot.

Teams must reduce their rosters to 75 players by 4 p.m. Monday, and letting Stallworth go now could allow him to hook on with another team before final cuts on Friday.

The 31-year old signed with the Patriots in March.

stallworth is gone so that means branch is in
    i would rather have stallworth .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Watch for more Vet cuts. This is the vet cut down rooks and young players will wait until the 53man cut down

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Tim Bulman

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to "Re: Released Patriots": [QUOTE]The Patriots have released wide receiver Donte' Stallworth, reports ProFootballTalk.com. After not playing until late in the fourth quarter in Friday's preseason loss in Tampa, his release does not come as a surprise. Fellow veteran Deion Branch had clearly won a training camp battle for the team's No. 3 receiver spot. Teams must reduce their rosters to 75 players by 4 p.m. Monday, and letting Stallworth go now could allow him to hook on with another team before final cuts on Friday. The 31-year old signed with the Patriots in March. stallworth is gone so that means branch is in i would rather have stallworth . Posted by yakv[/QUOTE] If I was Branch, I'd still worry about Gaffney taking my roster spot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Released Patriots": If I was Branch, I'd still worry about Gaffney taking my roster spot.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

They both stay, no way Ebert makes the team over either. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Released Patriots": If I was Branch, I'd still worry about Gaffney taking my roster spot.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I really think we should keep Gaffney. Branch will inevitably get injured this year and slow down by week 6. If Lloyd for some reason has trouble with brady and our system Gaff is a great insurance policy. I don't know how we keep them all as I also think we need Slater and Edelman....although I'm starting to soften my stance on Julian.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Released Patriots : They both stay, no way Ebert makes the team over either. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I agree I just don't see it happening. I can see the WR core looking like:

Welker, Lloyd, Gaffney, Branch, Slater and have Hern as the #6th WR. I would free up an extra spot to carry 5 RB's this year by only carrying 5 WR's (Vereen, Ridley, Woodhead, Demps, Larsen/Bolden)

EDIT: I forgot about Edelman. So that would make 6 WR's so ignore my previous statement about creating an extra spot for another RB through the WR core unless Branch gets released

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Tim Bulman
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Is this confirmed or just a guess? Wouldn't surprise me just wondering

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Updated list.  Newest addition is Larson the fullback:

Confirmed
    DL Tim Bulman

Reported
    WR Donte' Stallworth (via ProFootballTalk.com)
    FB Spencer Larsen (via Baltimore Sun)
    DL Gerard Warren
    S Josh Barrett
    CB Ross Ventrone

The anticipated cuts of Warren, Barrett, and Ventrone were reported by Shalise Manza Young of the Boston Globe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow didn't expect Larsen given they've been searching for a FB for a while. I wonder if they plan on building Bolden up and using him as a FB role

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]Wow didn't expect Larsen given they've been searching for a FB for a while. I wonder if they plan on building Bolden up and using him as a FB role
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Well they added Demps so someone had to go. I am not in the camp that their going to cut Woody, so the FB had to go.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Released Patriots : Well they added Demps so someone had to go. I am not in the camp that their going to cut Woody, so the FB had to go.
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured they'd keep 5 RB/FB type of players total and Woody and Demps would make the team so there was 1 spot left for Kettani/Bolden/Larsen to battle it out. Honestly I haven't paid much attention to their blocking ability but I figured that the person who would fill that FB role would be the best blocker (run and pass protection). That's why I thought Larsen had an edge but that might come down to Kettani and Bolden now. Bolden looks like the better blocker and could become a good road grader if he adds 10lbs but Kettani looks better coming out of the backfield as a receiver

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Shakier Manza's breaking all these cuts. Maybe she's just sitting outside the stadium counting sad faces.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

I don't believe they will use Bolden as a Fullback. The Patriots still have Eric Kettani.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2013. Show Evil2013's posts

Practice is at 1:15 today so they should make an official announcement before it starts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Looks like injuries are slowing him down and I guess they thought they were to much to overcome. Maybe he will be back later.