Remember post super bowl we discussed biggest weakness, looks like i (and whoever else thought) was right about the secondary.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

McCourty is terrible.  The other guys?  O.K. Dennard and Wilson will improve.  I don't know what to do with McCourty, he's just a mess.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

McCourty is terrible.  The other guys?  O.K. Dennard and Wilson will improve.  I don't know what to do with McCourty, he's just a mess.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

There were 560 passes completed last week by QBs not named Brady. It seems like other teams share our weakness. We all want the Patriots to be a complete team but complete teams don't exist anymore. They are dinosaurs. The Patriots have an elite offense and a middle of the road defense. That's good enough to win it all in the NFL. That makes me happy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

heyyyyyy, you cant say THAT!.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Davedsone's comment:

heyyyyyy, you cant say THAT!.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

OK, I'll bite. 

"Why is it that all those who continue to whine about the secondary never seem to admit that there is only so much you can do each year?"

Curious do you count Troy Brown and Ty Law amongst the whiners? Because they both feel the secondary is the one thing that holds us back currently from being a championship-caliber team. Is it wrong to want to win it all?

"Also funny is that no one seems to have a problem with turnovers by the offense?"

Well, because that's a correctible problem. The secondary may or not be. Thus, more concern.

"Curious do you count Troy Brown and Ty Law amongst the whiners? Because they both feel the secondary is the one thing that holds us back currently from being a championship-caliber team. Is it wrong to want to win it all?"

point!

anyone who is or is not on this board who calls it as it is, or speaks to theaknesses and how to fix them, gets ignored or shouted down on this board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

OK, I'll bite. 

"Why is it that all those who continue to whine about the secondary never seem to admit that there is only so much you can do each year?"

Curious do you count Troy Brown and Ty Law amongst the whiners? Because they both feel the secondary is the one thing that holds us back currently from being a championship-caliber team. Is it wrong to want to win it all?

"Also funny is that no one seems to have a problem with turnovers by the offense?"

Well, because that's a correctible problem. The secondary may or not be. Thus, more concern.

As soon as someone tells me how they expect the team to get improved secondary players and pay them while at the same time improving and paying the offense and the defensive front 7 I'll agree with the complaining.

re: "OK, I'll bite. 

Curious do you count Troy Brown and Ty Law amongst the whiners? Because they both feel the secondary is the one thing that holds us back currently from being a championship-caliber team. Is it wrong to want to win it all?"

first of all, only place in teh sports kingdom of fans, commentators etc that think the pats secondary was ok last year and this year is with the posters on this board.

2ndly regarding "only so much you can do",

courtland finnegan was signed for 10 mil per year (roughly what we gave wes welker) when he was available, i wanted the pats to get him.

now as haters are fond of saying, i also wantged us to trade up in round 2 for jenkins (after getting both rd 1 picks)

per peter king (and anyone else noticing) have noted,  the rams have become good overnight, partly coaching and greatly due to the decision to get finegan and jenkins.

p.k.: "no team improved it's secondary more than the st louis rams. it isnt even close with finnegan.

you can get good fast if you get a couple of pugnacious cover corners which these guys are."

i love how when you call for a move, haters are all over you here, then when it proves true, no one will acknowledge it; in fact if you even mention it they try to put you down again telling you you are slapping your own back.

my friend, there'e only one defect that leads to that kind of behavior, feeling bad about yourself (and thus always needing to put others down, and never give credit where it's due); unless of course you can get ego points yourself for going along with the crowd. someone who actaully feels ok with themself and has good self esteem does not behave that way.

Thanks for the laugh Sigmund. Troy Brown and Ty Law aren't trying to manage the payroll under the salary cap are they? A lot of you people complaining about the secondary are also the first ones to post 'just pay him' every time a player's contract comes up. Here's a clue...You cannot pay every member of the team all the money they want and at the same time pick up quality free agents.

So Mr Freud you tell me. Over the last three years...

Which players would you have not resigned to save money for the secondary?

Which high draft picks would have you not taken in order to get a top DB prospect in the draft?

already answered above.

and you are wrong about people such as myslef saying just pay him. have you  read any of my posts? from your post here it seems you didnt read my posts above. i do notice that you seem to spend a lot of time attempting to cut down other posters with personal attacks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 15315k's comment:

The DB's blow, especially mccourty. Moore makes some big plays but it's always after getting torched. Same with the safety's . Dennard looks good so far. He's the best they have by far.

concur with all of that

Sections
Shortcuts