Remember this post

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPride34. Show BostonPride34's posts

Re: Remember this post

i agree the philosophy change could be very good for the pats, but i wish they could do it without stinking up the place and losing to the cardinals.....i guess we'll just have to see if it works out. the defense has potential to be very good though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Agreed, though less east/west more north/south,hate those slow developing Power Os.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team will NOT win the Super Bowl unless we revert to the Pats of Dillon,Smith and play making defense. The D has already shown that it is more than up to the task early. Stevan Ridley is as good or better(explosive) than both Dillon and Smith during our glory ( We knew we'd win) years. With an O line in flux( for now), Brady is best served under center (with the OPTION TO AUDIBLE) than spread with barely any protection. Teams have seen this for a DECADE and OUR receivers aren't made to break tackles on our BUBBLE SCREENS with the bigger and faster corner. If we are to remain ths fast break O , we need more Torrey Smith than Wes Welker(Speed and Size).That is not who we are anymore. More Ridley, more play action.... LESS RAZZLE DAZZLE( Looking at u Josh and Woody)

RIDLEY IS  A BEAST!!!!!!!

BRADY STILL EXCELS AT PLAY ACTION!!!!

THE DEFENSE ALREADY HAS TEAM GAME PLANING FOR "THEM"!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

As I read your post I hear M Lombardi talking about N>E staying committed to the 2 TE, 2 "Outside receiver" set. He thinks this is the new base with WW coming off the bench to fill the slot role in 4, and 5 receiver sets. We are making a commitment to running the football, and to do that you need the 12 personnel on the field often.

I'm sure we'll be mixing it up, but the 2 TE set and heavy use of the run is here to stay. A 2nd TE has the similar effect as a FB. He can block at the line(or drop back off set as AH does) or run a route. I still wonder how/if Winslow will play? With so little time to learn, I wish Fells was healthy???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonPride34. Show BostonPride34's posts

4th overall doesnt seem to be leagues behind anyone statistically, but i do agree the 49ers defense is special....you are really underrating ridley though, that kid can ball.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Golly Geesh, we already have our Forum and Team 'PROPHET' and Sage! He tells us well in advance at least 6 months to a year exactly what/should/will happen. Take a back seat, please! lol

Seances, Levitations and Out of Body Experiences are next .... I'm tellin Ya.

BTW, have a pleasant evening ...

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This team will NOT win the Super Bowl unless we revert to the Pats of Dillon,Smith and play making defense. The D has already shown that it is more than up to the task early. Stevan Ridley is as good or better(explosive) than both Dillon and Smith during our glory ( We knew we'd win) years. With an O line in flux( for now), Brady is best served under center (with the OPTION TO AUDIBLE) than spread with barely any protection. Teams have seen this for a DECADE and OUR receivers aren't made to break tackles on our BUBBLE SCREENS with the bigger and faster corner. If we are to remain ths fast break O , we need more Torrey Smith than Wes Welker(Speed and Size).That is not who we are anymore. More Ridley, more play action.... LESS RAZZLE DAZZLE( Looking at u Josh and Woody)

RIDLEY IS  A BEAST!!!!!!!

BRADY STILL EXCELS AT PLAY ACTION!!!!

THE DEFENSE ALREADY HAS TEAM GAME PLANING FOR "THEM"!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

preaching to the choir man!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BostonPride34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4th overall doesnt seem to be leagues behind anyone statistically, but i do agree the 49ers defense is special....you are really underrating ridley though, that kid can ball.

[/QUOTE]

+1

now if our o line can "ball"

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

The x-factor is the porous OL. Pressure on Brady = fewer completions, 1st downs, points

The D has done more than their fair share so far.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Here's a +1 for Ridley:

People are complaining about the OLine, rightly so....and Ridely is ripping off 5YPC.

Also, I just want to give some credit to the kid for immediately improving his ball safety. I noticed in Week 1 how he was covering up the ball FAR better than he did at any point last year. He covers up with both hands before impact...oh, and he's making a concerted effort to DELIVER the hit, and not take it. Just like Antowain and Corey :)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

My thought going into this season was if the Pats could make some adjustments on defense and keep the offense pretty much the same with the exception of adding in a few new things  then this year will be golden!!  Well, I believe the D has improved enough to get them there and have a much better chance to win it all but the whole offense has been retooled it seems.  Now with AH81 out for a while, it doesn't look good.  Thank goodness it's only week 3 and there is the whole season ahead of us but my gosh, I do not like the direction they are going.  Is Josh McD trying to hard here?  Trying too hard to make it his own?  Last week the pats looked like last season Rams on offense.  That's scary!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

So your prediction is that if this team gets significantly better at every week area until it has no weakness than there is a chance that they will win the Superbowl.  Thanks Nostradamus.

Setting aside the fact that the 2003 Patriots did not run the ball very well, or very effectively (one of the worst running teams to ever win a SB), lets imagine that they apply this brilliant SB winning philosophy to a game. Let's say that game is against Arizona, and for three quarters they play tough defense and run the ball more than pass, almost all of it under center.  Then I guess there would be no chance they would be losing by 11 points in the fourth quarter and be forced to throw the ball to catch up.   And those last two drives out of the shotgun would not have produced more points than the previous eleven drives under center.  And certainly would have won.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts