Remember What I said Before the Draft re BB was not going to be caught without 2 tight ends in our offense predicated on having 2 good tight ends?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Remember What I sa...

From all bb's tight end moves, it seems my analysis is playing out.
    bb learned his lesson last year in not having an effective replacement if gronk or hern go down.

fells isnt ready with his injury.
    shiancoe to start
    ballard by next year - insurance

smart moves.

even smarter would be locking up hern.
    i wouldve like to have it done before the season, slightly less than gronks, for the same duration.

if he blows up this year its going to be a costlier contract than it couldve been in the offseason

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Remember What I said Before the Draft re BB was not going to be caught without 2 tight ends in our offense predicated on ...

No I dont remember you saying this, but good point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Remember What I said Before the Draft re BB was not going to be caught without 2 tight ends in our offense predicated on ...

In Response to Remember What I said Before the Draft re BB was not going to be caught without 2 tight ends in our offense predicated on having 2 good tight ends?:
    [QUOTE]From all bb's tight end moves, it seems my analysis is playing out. bb learned his lesson last year in not having an effective replacement if gronk or hern go down. fells isnt ready with his injury. shiancoe to start ballard by next year - insurance smart moves. even smarter would be locking up hern. i wouldve like to have it done before the season, slightly less than gronks, for the same duration. if he blows up this year its going to be a costlier contract than it couldve been in the offseason
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

BB rarely gets burned the same way twice. He took a chance and tried to skate through a season with only 2 TEs and it hurt the team.

Look at 06 for more proof at the WR position. Tried to do it with a bunch of lesser pieces, hurt the team, then got Moss and Welker.

Now he got Ballard and Shiancoe.

Well Played evil genius, well played.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

In Response to Re: Remember What I said Before the Draft re BB was not going to be caught without 2 tight ends in our offense predicated on having 2 good tight ends?:
    [QUOTE]No I dont remember you saying this, but good point.
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

ditto

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I don't know what BB was thinking, carrying only 2 TEs when he ran that many 2 TE sets. Instead decided to carry studs like Tiquan Underwood, Sergio Brown, and Chad Ochocinco I guess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

In Response to Remember What I said Before the Draft re BB was not going to be caught without 2 tight ends in our offense predicated on having 2 good tight ends?:
    [QUOTE]From all bb's tight end moves, it seems my analysis is playing out. bb learned his lesson last year in not having an effective replacement if gronk or hern go down. fells isnt ready with his injury. shiancoe to start ballard by next year - insurance smart moves. even smarter would be locking up hern. i wouldve like to have it done before the season, slightly less than gronks, for the same duration. if he blows up this year its going to be a costlier contract than it couldve been in the offseason
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]
    Yes, you did mention the need for another TE....again, and ...again...could have been at least 6 or more times...Now, do we favor a TE that blocks especially well or one that is primarily a receiver? Obviously there is a dearth of TEs that do both well..... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

• Yeah bredru!  If JetMangione said it we would care! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Remember What I said Before the Draft re BB was not going to be caught without 2 tight ends in our offense predicated on having 2 good tight ends?:
    [QUOTE]No I dont remember you saying this, but good point.
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

it was on teh draft thread and i posted it 3 or 4 times.
    thanks for the post

i made the case that our offense was predicated on having 2 elite tes adn if one went down, our offense would be scr@wed. we needed a suitable backup.
       lo and behold in the superbowl, you saw what happened.
     i said in the draft we should get someone who could do the job if it happened again and that bb couldnt let it happen again.

bb picked up 3 suitable in the offseason outsed the draft for cheap. dont knwo that we needed 3, but one will be read next year. one sometime this year and one so gronk and hern dont get worn out in camp and first part of the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Remember What I said Before the Draft re BB was not going to be caught without 2 tight ends in our offense predicated on having 2 good tight ends? : BB rarely gets burned the same way twice. He took a chance and tried to skate through a season with only 2 TEs and it hurt the team. Look at 06 for more proof at the WR position. Tried to do it with a bunch of lesser pieces, hurt the team, then got Moss and Welker. Now he got Ballard and Shiancoe. Well Played evil genius, well played.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

totally agree.

" He took a chance and tried to skate through a season with only 2 TEs and it hurt the team."

exactly as i see it.

1 reason why i had coby fleener on my draft board for the pats

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know what BB was thinking, carrying only 2 TEs when he ran that many 2 TE sets. Instead decided to carry studs like Tiquan Underwood, Sergio Brown, and Chad Ochocinco I guess.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

:)
    word

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Remember What I said Before the Draft re BB was not going to be caught without 2 tight ends in our offense predicated on having 2 good tight ends? : Yes, you did mention the need for another TE....again, and ...again...could have been at least 6 or more times...Now, do we favor a TE that blocks especially well or one that is primarily a receiver? Obviously there is a dearth of TEs that do both well..... 
    Posted by moskk[/QUOTE]

someone remembers.
    im laughing :)
    yes i went over it a few times becasue others brought out reasons why we ddint need a te. so yeah, i explained it well a couple times :)

bb had teh same idea, jsut not in the draft

with shiancoe and wells i think hes covering hern and gronk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah bredru!  If JetMangione said it we would care! 
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

:)
    POINT ROCKY

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

no one commented on my comments about hern.
    thoughts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I love it when someone writes a "remember when I said" thread! Because no one on here remembers things said a day ago - never mind months ago. I've done it myself! They do however remember when you're wrong though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I love it when someone writes a "remember when I said" thread! Because no one on here remembers things said a day ago - never mind months ago. I've done it myself! They do however remember when you're wrong though.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

so, so true.. all the way.
    however i liked to think the thread is more about the importance of 2 good tes to this offense and thus the need for a credible backup, and bb finallly acting on that(than MY pointing it out)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Going with two TEs was surprising last year especially the amount of times they were used.  These guys saw a lot of playing time.  It's probably why no one remembers your comment.  It was stating the obvious.

I believe BB got caught with his pants down a little bit.  I don't think he was going to depend on those TEs so much.  Look at the year Gronk had!  Who was thinking that? 

The Pats should lock up Hernandez as well.  The Pats move him all over the place and it seems pretty effective.  Well, I see value there but will the Pats?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to "Re: Remember What I said Before the Draft re BB was not going to be caught without 2 tight ends in our offense predicated on having 2 good tight ends?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remember What I said Before the Draft re BB was not going to be caught without 2 tight ends in our offense predicated on having 2 good tight ends? : so, so true.. all the way. however i liked to think the thread is more about the importance of 2 good tes to this offense and thus the need for a credible backup, and bb finallly acting on that(than MY pointing it out) Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE] I know and you're right.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I think BB planned on keeping that TE on the practice squad and Miami poached him. I forget his name. He was a rookie.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

I'd love to see Hern inked to 4-6 year ext. Obviously less than Gronks. One reason I'd like to get him less now. Is because the guy could blow up and put 1000+/10+ year this year. Teams will make WW and Gronk their number one priority , with good reason. With the addition off Lloyd , I think A.H. will have the best match up almost every week. I can't wait to how dynamic our offense is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Going with two TEs was surprising last year especially the amount of times they were used.  These guys saw a lot of playing time.  It's probably why no one remembers your comment.  It was stating the obvious. I believe BB got caught with his pants down a little bit.  I don't think he was going to depend on those TEs so much.  Look at the year Gronk had!  Who was thinking that?  The Pats should lock up Hernandez as well.  The Pats move him all over the place and it seems pretty effective.  Well, I see value there but will the Pats?
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

hey gartyx,
    re:

"Going with two TEs was surprising last year especially the amount of times they were used.  These guys saw a lot of playing time.  It's probably why no one remembers your comment.  It was stating the obvious.

I believe BB got caught with his pants down a little bit.  I don't think he was going to depend on those TEs so much.  Look at the year Gronk had!  Who was thinking that? 

The Pats should lock up Hernandez as well.  The Pats move him all over the place and it seems pretty effective.  Well, I see value there but will the Pats? "

i agree with you on hern. thats why i too have been saying to extend him since last year.

re your "stating the obvious" comment. im not sure what you meant was obvious. if it was what i was saying, i dont remember anyone who came out agreeing. maybe someone did, but i'll tell you there was heck of a lot of disagreement and "you cant do that for every position on the field" and we have enough offense even if we lsoe a te, etc, etc.

then in the super bowl, you saw the result.
    its why we lost (despite b obrian's blowing the game in the 2nd half). if we had gronk or a legit replacement, we dont lose that game even with all the issues.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I think BB planned on keeping that TE on the practice squad and Miami poached him. I forget his name. He was a rookie.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

you mean yates? we lost 2 tes early last year that way. but that was very early.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'd love to see Hern inked to 4-6 year ext. Obviously less than Gronks. One reason I'd like to get him less now. Is because the guy could blow up and put 1000+/10+ year this year. Teams will make WW and Gronk their number one priority , with good reason. With the addition off Lloyd , I think A.H. will have the best match up almost every week. I can't wait to how dynamic our offense is.
    Posted by 1guy1sharp[/QUOTE]

this es exactly what ive been saying (though 6 years) 8 year total like gronk, probabbly couldve gone 1.5-2 mil less eyar avg. next year the cat will be out of the barn

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Remember What I said Before the Draft re BB was not going to be caught without 2 tight ends in our offense predicated on having 2 good tight ends?": I know and you're right.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

thanks for the posts mthurl