Remember when. ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

Remember when. ...

This site was about nothing but good quality sports discussion? Now it's 5%

Good quality discussion and 95% insults thrown back and forth between the same dozen people or so over and over? 

Those were the good old days for sure. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Remember when. ...

I want to say it went south when they did all the forum changes.  Seems like that drove away a bunch of longtime posters, and they haven't made it back except to pop in every now and then. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Since this thread is about...not sure, I figured I'd say this here. It's about reminiscing, sort of.

I'm watching the NBC news broadcast just now and they do a piece on the 60th anniversary of a candy product in the shape of baby chicks called "Peeps." They showed all these people celebrating them and they're at the factory in Pa. where they make 4 million Peeps a day and talking about them and this and that. You know how they do.

Is it just me, I've never heard of Peeps? How did I miss them? Admittedly, I don't have much of  a sweet tooth, but I know about Snickers and Three Musketeers and Tootsie Rolls and M&Ms and Kit Kat and on and on.  I can't recall ever seeing anybody with a box of Peeps, never seen them in a store, never got any on Halloween. 

So, heard of Peeps or not?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I've know Peeps for at least 15 years...  Not my favorite, but I'm still shocked you never heard of them...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

If we're reminiscing about old candy. .. how bout sprees?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

I like you have never heard of Peeps... I thought Peeps were the people who you hung out with or the people who lived in your neighborhood.

These are Peeps. Don't look all that appetizing actually. Like I said though, not much into sweet treats.

File:Pink peeps.jpg

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Peeps use to only be out around easter, like the cream eggs. The last couple years though they've come out around Halloween. Surprised you never heard of them and alfred's right they are pure sugar. Eat more then two and you feel sick

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Since this thread is about...not sure, I figured I'd say this here. It's about reminiscing, sort of.

I'm watching the NBC news broadcast just now and they do a piece on the 60th anniversary of a candy product in the shape of baby chicks called "Peeps." They showed all these people celebrating them and they're at the factory in Pa. where they make 4 million Peeps a day and talking about them and this and that. You know how they do.

Is it just me, I've never heard of Peeps? How did I miss them? Admittedly, I don't have much of  a sweet tooth, but I know about Snickers and Three Musketeers and Tootsie Rolls and M&Ms and Kit Kat and on and on.  I can't recall ever seeing anybody with a box of Peeps, never seen them in a store, never got any on Halloween. 

So, heard of Peeps or not?

peeps are great! but i go for the original yellow-the new pink and blue eh

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What are you people 80 and home bound?  Anyone under 60 not familiar with this luscious sugar coated marshmallow treat has no business wasting O2.....but seriously I had been devouring them for weeks now.  I just ate a Supersized white bunny about an hour a go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

Good quality discussion and 95% insults thrown back and forth between the same dozen people or so over and over? 

its the off season, baseball hasn't started yet and basketball and hockey are in that last stretch before the playoffs-so there is nothing much to talk about so u get nonsense and old arguments flaring up...once the draft happens and especially the pre-season kicks off in august it will revert to 80%+ football

and don't fret Juice i will still be around!  : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

You know, it is sad...but you get ambushed by trolls, contrarians and paranoids who claim you are another poster and won't let go...and those who take complete and utter personal umbridge if your opinion differs from theirs....it's why i LEFT A YEAR AGO....SAME PEOPLE DOING THE SAME ARGUING....

i agree rusty

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Pixie Sticks, sugar in a paper tube....yum

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

back in 2004 or so it was all football talk. Slowly the trolls from other teams and people who just want to argue and name call started to show up. Some follow certain people around to insult them, destroying good threads along the way. Back then people generally respected others opinions even if they didn't agree with them. Now when you say something that some here don't agree with you get called a nimkompoop, troll, or rusty to name some. If everyone agreed with each other 100% of the time here it wouldn't lead to much discussion. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

You know, it is sad...but you get ambushed by trolls, contrarians and paranoids who claim you are another poster and won't let go...and those who take complete and utter personal umbridge if your opinion differs from theirs....it's why i LEFT A YEAR AGO....SAME PEOPLE DOING THE SAME ARGUING....

Yup. It's usually just a handful of them that only want to argue and contribute very little football talk. When they start a thread it's usually to stir the pot. Probably just kids doing it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You gotta take a peep and put it in the microwave and watch it puff all up to about 4 times the size.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I still see sprees in the stores.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

its just a boring time of year for sports juice-march madness notwithstanding...dead sports time pre-baseball, pre-hockey and basketball playoffs, no football...leads to silly posts, old arguments and other nonsense

once pre-season comes it will be back to 80-90% football like usual

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Didnt you basically say the same thing to the same guy just 4 hours ago?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Didnt you say the same thing to the same guy just 4 hours ago?

yeah i thought i did but it was gone so i reposted

Sections
Shortcuts