It's still there on my screen

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Remember when. ...

In response to AcheNot's comment:

It's still there on my screen

not on mine....strange

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I think youre drunk, jints. You forgot you posted the original message, and now you are pretending it doesnt exist

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I think youre drunk, jints. You forgot you posted the original message, and now you are pretending it doesnt exist:)

yeah that must be it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

There's been many a promising thread in this forum simply destroyed by a flame war.  The frustrating thing for me is that there's a lot of good football discussion that is obscured in the process.  I don't get the need to exchange adolescent insults or destroy a thread over a simple difference of opinion.

With respect to peeps, I've seen those things about this time of year for quite some time.  Didn't know they were called peeps until a couple of years ago.  Labelling that waste of sugar as 'candy' however is an insult to that great American institution the Hershey Bar.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

This site was about nothing but good quality sports discussion? Now it's 5%

Good quality discussion and 95% insults thrown back and forth between the same dozen people or so over and over? 

Those were the good old days for sure. 

Ya and I remember when I still had my hair but life goes on....

For what it's worth I find that there is plenty of good discussion here, easily 75% positive or better. I spend a lot of time on MANY sports sites and I can tell you internet dust ups are common place and SOP everywhere. It's part of what the sites are and it's always been that way and always will be. Remember our view of the past is always fonder than it actually was.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I think youre drunk, jints. You forgot you posted the original message, and now you are pretending it doesnt exist:)

yeah that must be it

Too much sugar, put down the Peeps...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Since this thread is about...not sure, I figured I'd say this here. It's about reminiscing, sort of.

I'm watching the NBC news broadcast just now and they do a piece on the 60th anniversary of a candy product in the shape of baby chicks called "Peeps." They showed all these people celebrating them and they're at the factory in Pa. where they make 4 million Peeps a day and talking about them and this and that. You know how they do.

Is it just me, I've never heard of Peeps? How did I miss them? Admittedly, I don't have much of  a sweet tooth, but I know about Snickers and Three Musketeers and Tootsie Rolls and M&Ms and Kit Kat and on and on.  I can't recall ever seeing anybody with a box of Peeps, never seen them in a store, never got any on Halloween. 

So, heard of Peeps or not?

Oh sure. Peeps. The magic of marshmellow! So did you ever use Marshmellow Fluff?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Since this thread is about...not sure, I figured I'd say this here. It's about reminiscing, sort of.

I'm watching the NBC news broadcast just now and they do a piece on the 60th anniversary of a candy product in the shape of baby chicks called "Peeps." They showed all these people celebrating them and they're at the factory in Pa. where they make 4 million Peeps a day and talking about them and this and that. You know how they do.

Is it just me, I've never heard of Peeps? How did I miss them? Admittedly, I don't have much of  a sweet tooth, but I know about Snickers and Three Musketeers and Tootsie Rolls and M&Ms and Kit Kat and on and on.  I can't recall ever seeing anybody with a box of Peeps, never seen them in a store, never got any on Halloween. 

Oh sure. Peeps. The magic of marshmellow! So did you ever use Marshmellow Fluff?

Yeah, sure fluffernutter, right?  It's been a few decades, but yeah I remember.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

The Village Peeple http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-900-s&va=peeps+contest+2013

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Aged peeps are the best, open the package, let them sit for a week, pure heaven! If you like a crunchy snack, let them age till they get crunchy!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

LOL!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Peeps are arguably the feature of the Easter basket you'd get as a kid. Cadbury eggs, jelly beans, chocolate bunnies and Peeps.

You were robbed of a proper childhood, Muzz. hehe

Hahah, you are correct.  And I still continue that tradition to this day.  My kids don't really care for them, however they eachget a big ol package of them (12 count) every single year in their basket, lol!!  And year after year only a couple end up getting eaten by them so  guess who ends up finishing all those wonderful sugar covered treats?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Jelly Beans are pure sugar too, but they are way better than Peeps.  Like anything else though, you must buy quality (e.g. Jelly Belly brand).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I must say... This thread turned out to be a good quality discussion. You guys have just turned the board around. Sorry juice. They just proved you wrong... :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Here is one thing I noticed this year that I have never noticed before...  I was picking out a bag of solid chocolate easter easter eggs and there was a bag of off brand solid chocolate eggs right next to the Hershey's brand of solid chocolate eggs.  The off brand said Chocolate flavored eggs?? WTF??  Chocolate flavored???  So I compared the two bags ingredients and the first item on the Hershey's was milk chocolate.  Nowhere could I find milk chocolate in the off brands list of ingredients..only chocolate flavor.  Who would want those? lol!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

In response to thejuice1's comment:

This site was about nothing but good quality sports discussion? Now it's 5%

Good quality discussion and 95% insults thrown back and forth between the same dozen people or so over and over? 

Those were the good old days for sure. 

Ya and I remember when I still had my hair but life goes on....

For what it's worth I find that there is plenty of good discussion here, easily 75% positive or better. I spend a lot of time on MANY sports sites and I can tell you internet dust ups are common place and SOP everywhere. It's part of what the sites are and it's always been that way and always will be. Remember our view of the past is always fonder than it actually was.

this post should be framed and put in every forum on the internet

the last line is perfect and the opening line is great

well done sir i say!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Jelly Beans are pure sugar too, but they are way better than Peeps.  Like anything else though, you must buy quality (e.g. Jelly Belly brand).

the traditional jelly beans are always great but the new, fancy-dancy ones they make now are amazing-pina colada, pumpkin, etc...the gourmet ones with the spots...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

I must say... This thread turned out to be a good quality discussion. You guys have just turned the board around. Sorry juice. They just proved you wrong... :-)

well the lesson here is if there is to be a congenial, fun thread we must never talk football or at the very least talk peeps

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

So, naturally I've never heard of Peeps until yesterday and then I come across this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJD_3eKcIRQ

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

So, naturally I've never heard of Peeps until yesterday and then I come across this....

That is a cool video!!  Thanks for posting it!

My mind is blown that you have not heard of Peeps until yesterday!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

That is a cool video!!  Thanks for posting it!

My mind is blown that you have not heard of Peeps until yesterday!

it happens