Remember When BB said in August "If We Had A Back Worthy of 300 Carries, We'd Give it to him 300x"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Remember When BB said in August "If We Had A Back Worthy of 300 Carries, We'd Give it to him 300x"

after 8 games ridley has 150 carries for 714

We had him (a guy who is worth 250-300 carries) since last pre-season, but bb didnt know it even in august.

i guess they are reluctantly finding that out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Remember When BB said in August

Ridley is an elite back. He's gone for over 100 in 4 of 8 games this year. That pretty much says it all, he's no fluke and defenses have to account for him or they will pay the price.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

In fairness he has had some fumbling and blitz protection issues. I know that messes up your narrative but...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

In fairness he has had some fumbling and blitz protection issues. I know that messes up your narrative but...

first those words bother me not

secondly campare his fumbles to the league carry for carry and show me the problem.

thanks for weighing in

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

Ridley is an elite back. He's gone for over 100 in 4 of 8 games this year. That pretty much says it all, he's no fluke and defenses have to account for him or they will pay the price.

exactly. which is exacly what we needed. i credit bb with this. altho he dropped teh ball in not using him throughout the playoffs and sb.

by the way, ridley is 4 100 yard games shy of breaking Curtis Martin's team record of 9 100 yard performances in a season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

He has? You call 2 fumbles in 156 touches (150 ruching, 6 recieving) an issue? And if he had blitz protection issues he wouldnt be on the field. Why are you trying to be a rain cloud on a sunny day? Facts speak for themselves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Ridley has said himself that he worked hard to get stronger and perfect his fundamentals in the offseason.  I think it's paid off.  It was pretty clear last year that he was the best pure runner on the team, but in an offense as complicated as the Pats' offense (and where passing is such a major part of every game plan), a back who doesn't know all his assignments (both in the running game and the passing game) or who doesn't execute well on all of those assignments is going to get limited appearances.

I do think his running skills may have helped the team in last year's Super Bowl, but I trust the coaches had a reason for not activating him.  My suspicion is they felt that against an aggressive D-line like the Giants' they wanted backs who were more dependable pass blockers in the game and who also were less likely to have the ball stripped away.  There's also the possibility that Ridley wasn't 100%.  Of course, we will never know unless BB decides to write a "tell-all" biography after he's retired.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

He has? You call 2 fumbles in 156 touches (150 ruching, 6 recieving) an issue? And if he had blitz protection issues he wouldnt be on the field. Why are you trying to be a rain cloud on a sunny day? Facts speak for themselves.

I agree that his fumbling issues aren't really issues at all but he is still weak pass protecting. To many times he can't handle rushers. You can tell because at this point he just hits to deck to slow them down. Notice how Woodhead will use different blocking methods depending on rusher? But, Ridley is young and didn't need to pass protect in college so it would be a given it's something he's going to have to learn and get comfortable with. Faulk wasn't the best pass protector in the league when he cam from college either. I expect that he'll develop his pass blocking abilities with more reps and time

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Talent meets opportunity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

wow, 1400 yards aint bad...   He is gonna have a sneaky good year because with Brady, you dont even notice how much he has run...  good stuff!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I agree that his fumbling issues aren't really issues at all but he is still weak pass protecting. To many times he can't handle rushers. You can tell because at this point he just hits to deck to slow them down. Notice how Woodhead will use different blocking methods depending on rusher? But, Ridley is young and didn't need to pass protect in college so it would be a given it's something he's going to have to learn and get comfortable with. Faulk wasn't the best pass protector in the league when he cam from college either. I expect that he'll develop his pass blocking abilities with more reps and time

People think he has a fumbling problem because we as so used to BJGE. But truth is that with 156 touches and only one lost fumble that actually on par with the rest of the league right now.  Just a quick fact for ya, looking on the other side of the ball, Ninc, Spikes, Jones and Mayo has forced 13 fumbles. Thats amazing to think that just 4 players have forced 13 fumbles 8 games into a season. Only two other team total have forced double digit fumbles.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Ridley is just a good running back, but he's running behind an excellent line with Gronk, Vollmer, Solder and the surprising Mr. Donald Thomas, with an all-star quarterback (who keeps winning MVP of the week awards) keeping the defense out of the box. Every back in the stable is ripping off a few good runs these days.  Ridley may be first among his New England peers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think having a QB like Brady will really enhance his career - like someone mentioned above, he could end up with 1400 yards and hardly anyone would notice it in this offense. I saw him have at least two outstanding blocks on Sunday, so you know he'll be on the field more often.

Didn't even realize he had two fumbles this year...I can only remember one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

People think he has a fumbling problem because we as so used to BJGE. But truth is that with 156 touches and only one lost fumble that actually on par with the rest of the league right now.  Just a quick fact for ya, looking on the other side of the ball, Ninc, Spikes, Jones and Mayo has forced 13 fumbles. Thats amazing to think that just 4 players have forced 13 fumbles 8 games into a season. Only two other team total have forced double digit fumbles.

i think the media, and then the pats fans heer, make a big issue of it becasue bb did and punsihed him severlely for any 1 fumble since last year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

exactly. which is exacly what we needed. i credit bb with this. altho he dropped teh ball in not using him throughout the playoffs and sb.

by the way, ridley is 4 100 yard games shy of breaking Curtis Martin's team record of 9 100 yard performances in a season

Must be the "new math."

(Just kidding you, bru!)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Ridley is just a good running back, but he's running behind an excellent line with Gronk, Vollmer, Solder and the surprising Mr. Donald Thomas, with an all-star quarterback (who keeps winning MVP of the week awards) keeping the defense out of the box. Every back in the stable is ripping off a few good runs these days.  Ridley may be first among his New England peers.

All good running backs need a good line, Paul. There's a reason Steven Jackson is only averaging 3.7 per carry. Ridley's a top talent, in and of himself.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

In response to bredbru's comment:

Must be the "new math."

(Just kidding you, bru!)

:)

mabye not so eloquent way of putting it. copied it from the net..

Sections
Shortcuts