Remember When People Raved About SF and Balt's D?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Remember When People Raved About SF and Balt's D?

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

David Patten? Umm, Givens was a what, 7th rd pick and did nothing after leaving? The system helped people like Patten, Givens and even a guy like Branch.

Brady made them look better dumbkoff. Not the system. Or do you think the GOAT doesn't make his teammates look better. Learn the game junior.

of course he makes his teammates look better.....but he sure has stopped doing that at the worst times.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

David Patten? Umm, Givens was a what, 7th rd pick and did nothing after leaving? The system helped people like Patten, Givens and even a guy like Branch.   There is no way the talent, including TEs, was better back then.  The way the offense was run was with Weis dictating to Brady, yes.

Troy Brown was great, but Welker is clearly a more lethal threat out of the slot that teams literally gameplan around.

The fact is, a guy like Edelman could be every bit as effective as what Givens was on the flank.  Givens was a good blocker.  He was a good receiver, but you act like he was a star? Please. What about even Hernandez being more of a flanker easily on Given's talent level?  What's the problem?

Gronk and Welker alone command double teams. Not one receiving option for Brady did back in the Weis years and that uncertainty with Brady spreading it around ( which almost suggests that Brady was MORE effective without knowing who would break open, instead of him not waiting for just 2 maybe 3 options to break open), was more effficient and actually helped his INT rate, too.

We also never threw the ball 40 times per game at same rate as we have since 2007 which means there was less commitment to a run game as compared to Weis's way.

I remember in 2002 when Brady coming out gunning, having his worst year of his career because they thought he could throw a lot. Nope. What happened? He wasn't ready for it, Donald Hayes didn't fit, Givens was just a rookie and then needed a another guy to go with their TEs in Graham and Fauria. That guy was Branch, but they still found a way to run plenty in 2003, not allowing Brady to pass more so than he should have been. Brady's worst TD/INT ratio season was 2002, his second year starting. 

Weis and BB reined Brady in.

Learn the game. Whether it's  Gomer Manning trying to do too much or Tom Brady, neither is a good approach.

Im gonna start a thread and see who really knows football. Thats fine if you think Edleman and Slater are better than Brown, Patten, I mean u can choose ANY 2 and there is NO way the Pats current recieving corp outside of Gronk is even close. YOU NEED TO LEARN THE GAME! You like to ignore facts JUST to support your warped Brady agenda and thats why you get NO Love here....   Lets see how much $$ Edleman commands......LMAO!

ok, how about this....2006 he puts up 34 on the colts with reche freakin caldwell as his #1 option.....he has done well with less in the past....he just hasnt played well in the playoffs recently, its not that he doesnt have enough weapons, he just hasnt performed well.

Do I need to tell you the amount of drops of receivers had in the AFCCG??  34 pts VS the COLTS?!?!?....lets keep it in perspective. I know Bmore and Indy have some history but WHEN has INDY ever been talked about as being a competent defense let alone great?? yea, Like I said. Learn the game. If you keep listening and aligning with Rusty, its not gonna be fun for you in here. I know u guys look up to Rusty but all the real football fans dont think he is that smart. You guys always make the same weak arguments and have the same weak agenda and now Im gonna prove you wrong by making a thread examining this TALENT that Brady has had recently...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A couple of things about last night's game...Flacco played amazing, I really at one point said out loud "he can't be stopped tonight". I believe it came after another good rush by the niners in which he ran right (for his life) and yet still heaved this pass down the sidelines that was amazingly caught. That other throw to Bolden along the sidelines on that 3rd and 8 was ridicolous too. I do think Jones made him look even better than he was playing in the first half on two throws...the first deep one to him was off (high) and yet Jones made a hell of a play on the ball to come down with it...and the other throw was short that Jones made him look good yet again. Having said that I thought Flacco was utterly perfect on most of his throws and decisions.

Flacco is surrounded by talent right now, he's got a running game, pass protection, and recievers that have a rather large catch radious. He's lucky, but also good. Man, he did play just unbelievable last night and really this entire post season. Having said that - if he was saddled with our defense, he would not be walking off that field last night as a Super Bowl Champion, and really he wouldn't even be in that game. The Ravens hit...they hurt you...they make life a living hell in the redzone and their secondary is good. Their linebackers may not be all that good, but their secondary makes up for so much for them.

Kaepernick was shaky in the first half, but other than that he was the reason why his team stayed in the game. He's got an arm and should get better - the question is, does he improve enough before he loses a step or gets hurt running?

I think despite both defenses giving up plays and points, I could see the immense talent from them both (but especially the niners). A lot of those plays made by the Ravens on offense were just special - stuff that doesn't happen often. I think both defenses made plays...got turnovers and gave their team a chance to win. These were two complete teams going at it. I think if we had been healthy on offense and had either one of these defenses, we win the Super Bowl...I really do. As good as Flacco was against us, he had a poor first half and he missed guys that were open deep - in this game he didn't really have those stretches of poor play. I seriously think the 49ers kept him from scoring even more than he could of last night, because they pressured him, they played tighter coverage...yet it didn't matter...the guy and his recievers were that good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

David Patten? Umm, Givens was a what, 7th rd pick and did nothing after leaving? The system helped people like Patten, Givens and even a guy like Branch.   There is no way the talent, including TEs, was better back then.  The way the offense was run was with Weis dictating to Brady, yes.

Troy Brown was great, but Welker is clearly a more lethal threat out of the slot that teams literally gameplan around.

The fact is, a guy like Edelman could be every bit as effective as what Givens was on the flank.  Givens was a good blocker.  He was a good receiver, but you act like he was a star? Please. What about even Hernandez being more of a flanker easily on Given's talent level?  What's the problem?

Gronk and Welker alone command double teams. Not one receiving option for Brady did back in the Weis years and that uncertainty with Brady spreading it around ( which almost suggests that Brady was MORE effective without knowing who would break open, instead of him not waiting for just 2 maybe 3 options to break open), was more effficient and actually helped his INT rate, too.

We also never threw the ball 40 times per game at same rate as we have since 2007 which means there was less commitment to a run game as compared to Weis's way.

I remember in 2002 when Brady coming out gunning, having his worst year of his career because they thought he could throw a lot. Nope. What happened? He wasn't ready for it, Donald Hayes didn't fit, Givens was just a rookie and then needed a another guy to go with their TEs in Graham and Fauria. That guy was Branch, but they still found a way to run plenty in 2003, not allowing Brady to pass more so than he should have been. Brady's worst TD/INT ratio season was 2002, his second year starting. 

Learn the game. Whether it's  Gomer Manning trying to do too much or Tom Brady, neither is a good approach.

Im gonna start a thread and see who really knows football. Thats fine if you think Edleman and Slater are better than Brown, Patten, I mean u can choose ANY 2 and there is NO way the Pats current recieving corp outside of Gronk is even close. YOU NEED TO LEARN THE GAME! You like to ignore facts JUST to support your warped Brady agenda and thats why you get NO Love here....   Lets see how much $$ Edleman commands......LMAO!

ok, how about this....2006 he puts up 34 on the colts with reche freakin caldwell as his #1 option.....he has done well with less in the past....he just hasnt played well in the playoffs recently, its not that he doesnt have enough weapons, he just hasnt performed well.

Do I need to tell you the amount of drops of receivers had in the AFCCG??  34 pts VS the COLTS?!?!?....lets keep it in perspective. I know Bmore and Indy have some history but WHEN has INDY ever been talked about as being a competent defense let alone great?? yea, Like I said. Learn the game. If you keep listening and aligning with Rusty, its not gonna be fun for you in here. I know u guys look up to Rusty but all the real football fans dont think he is that smart. You guys always make the same weak arguments and have the same weak agenda and now Im gonna prove you wrong by making a thread examining this TALENT that Brady has had recently...

hmmm....the colts defense that year won that team the super bowl....manning had something like 2 td's and 7 int's. and no, i dont look up to rusty, him and I agree on some things, this mainly...and we just like to shut you pinkhat, fairweather, useless morons up. and ive been on this forum for 5 years, if i couldnt handle your nonsense, id be gone by now. you, babe, pezz, hurly, and the rest of you fools keep giving us bait and we will keep shredding you to pieces.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

One thing I will add: there's no doubt that there's one area of offense that we do lack that would impact that is not easily done: a mobile quarterback. It's tricky as mobile QBs can also get hurt ala RG3, but in general, Brady had a few plays he could have made against the Ravens if he could move a bit better. Kap made some of those plays against them, and while Flacco didn't run for first downs really he did scramble really well and kept plays alive till the defense broke down. We are definitely at a disadvantage in that regard but it's not easily fixed either.

Few QBs who run a lot pay no price for that added dimension. Montana had back problems later in his career. Young and Rodgers have/had multiple concussions. Vick has become a constant injury issue.

The extra threat a good running QB brings is enticing. But that is going to have to be paid for somehow. And that somehow is the much greater likelihood of a season being derailed with an injury and the real prospects of a truncated career.

i understand flacco is younger, but even he can run much better than brady and isnt scared to run for a first down, as he did against the pats. brady sees the first down two yards away with a defender at least 3 yards away and he decides to throw the ball away....stuff like that is why the pats havent won a super bowl in awhile.

Running isn't Brady's game. Neither is it Manning's. Or Brees. They are pocket passers who have good pocket sense and can buy time. That's it.

Are you really trying to bash Brady because he isn't a running QB? The majority of NFL QBs aren't great runners.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

David Patten? Umm, Givens was a what, 7th rd pick and did nothing after leaving? The system helped people like Patten, Givens and even a guy like Branch.

Brady made them look better dumbkoff. Not the system. Or do you think the GOAT doesn't make his teammates look better. Learn the game junior.

of course he makes his teammates look better.....but he sure has stopped doing that at the worst times.

Can't make them look better if they can't get separation, catch, block or run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

One thing I will add: there's no doubt that there's one area of offense that we do lack that would impact that is not easily done: a mobile quarterback. It's tricky as mobile QBs can also get hurt ala RG3, but in general, Brady had a few plays he could have made against the Ravens if he could move a bit better. Kap made some of those plays against them, and while Flacco didn't run for first downs really he did scramble really well and kept plays alive till the defense broke down. We are definitely at a disadvantage in that regard but it's not easily fixed either.

Few QBs who run a lot pay no price for that added dimension. Montana had back problems later in his career. Young and Rodgers have/had multiple concussions. Vick has become a constant injury issue.

The extra threat a good running QB brings is enticing. But that is going to have to be paid for somehow. And that somehow is the much greater likelihood of a season being derailed with an injury and the real prospects of a truncated career.

i understand flacco is younger, but even he can run much better than brady and isnt scared to run for a first down, as he did against the pats. brady sees the first down two yards away with a defender at least 3 yards away and he decides to throw the ball away....stuff like that is why the pats havent won a super bowl in awhile.

Running isn't Brady's game. Neither is it Manning's. Or Brees. They are pocket passers who have good pocket sense and can buy time. That's it.

Are you really trying to bash Brady because he isn't a running QB? The majority of NFL QBs aren't great runners.

i dont think anyone is asking brady to be a great runner, but he literally could have falled forward and gotten the first down on the play im referring to. the people at the party i was at were disgusted at the play as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

hmmm....the colts defense that year won that team the super bowl....manning had something like 2 td's and 7 int's. and no, i dont look up to rusty, him and I agree on some things, this mainly...and we just like to shut you pinkhat, fairweather, useless morons up. and ive been on this forum for 5 years, if i couldnt handle your nonsense, id be gone by now. you, babe, pezz, hurly, and the rest of you fools keep giving us bait and we will keep shredding you to pieces.

so Manning got them to the SB! and they beat the offensively challenged Bears!  This tells you that the Colts had a great defense???? and you thnk you are winning something?? Im not gonna go on and on because for the most part, you make good points and so I wont go back and forth like Rusty but you have to admit that you are rusty DO go out of your ways to Bash Brady when most the time, its not even his fault, Its a team game. So you will NEVER be right about that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

A couple of things about last night's game...Flacco played amazing, I really at one point said out loud "he can't be stopped tonight". I believe it came after another good rush by the niners in which he ran right (for his life) and yet still heaved this pass down the sidelines that was amazingly caught. That other throw to Bolden along the sidelines on that 3rd and 8 was ridicolous too. I do think Jones made him look even better than he was playing in the first half on two throws...the first deep one to him was off (high) and yet Jones made a hell of a play on the ball to come down with it...and the other throw was short that Jones made him look good yet again. Having said that I thought Flacco was utterly perfect on most of his throws and decisions.

Flacco is surrounded by talent right now, he's got a running game, pass protection, and recievers that have a rather large catch radious. He's lucky, but also good. Man, he did play just unbelievable last night and really this entire post season. Having said that - if he was saddled with our defense, he would not be walking off that field last night as a Super Bowl Champion, and really he wouldn't even be in that game. The Ravens hit...they hurt you...they make life a living hell in the redzone and their secondary is good. Their linebackers may not be all that good, but their secondary makes up for so much for them.

Kaepernick was shaky in the first half, but other than that he was the reason why his team stayed in the game. He's got an arm and should get better - the question is, does he improve enough before he loses a step or gets hurt running?

I think despite both defenses giving up plays and points, I could see the immense talent from them both (but especially the niners). A lot of those plays made by the Ravens on offense were just special - stuff that doesn't happen often. I think both defenses made plays...got turnovers and gave their team a chance to win. These were two complete teams going at it. I think if we had been healthy on offense and had either one of these defenses, we win the Super Bowl...I really do. As good as Flacco was against us, he had a poor first half and he missed guys that were open deep - in this game he didn't really have those stretches of poor play. I seriously think the 49ers kept him from scoring even more than he could of last night, because they pressured him, they played tighter coverage...yet it didn't matter...the guy and his recievers were that good.

Good points all. Always good to see intelligent football talk instead of the mindless swill Rusty and his clone offer.

With a healthy Gronk and what looked to be a precariously improved D I think we had a good shot to win it all. But without Gronk the O can be stymied since Welker is a one trick pony, Lloyd is actually a good #3 receiver but not a good #2 and Gonzales is a good plus factor but doesn't measure up as meat and potatoes at either TE or WR. Also, without Talib, the D reverts back to its old mickey mouse club mode. Add in a no more than average running game and the need for Gronk plus that improved D are critical in the tough playoff games.

If you have that remnant without Gronk and Talib playing like scared rabbits even Brady cannot make up for that shortfall and you are going to get embarrassed. Truth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

most 35 year olds aren't either

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

i dont think anyone is asking brady to be a great runner, but he literally could have falled forward and gotten the first down on the play im referring to. the people at the party i was at were disgusted at the play as well.

Disgusting day all around. Expecting Brady to somehow make up for the poor play all around him is foolish. Nobody can do that. He made a few mistakes under that huge burden. It wasn't the best we have seen him. But he really was the only one not completely stinking out the place.

That game was just another proof of how paper thin the supporting cast BB has put around Brady is. No Gronk or Talib and this team is simply very MEDIOCRE with a great QB.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

so Manning got them to the SB! and they beat the offensively challenged Bears!  This tells you that the Colts had a great defense???? and you thnk you are winning something?? Im not gonna go on and on because for the most part, you make good points and so I wont go back and forth like Rusty but you have to admit that you are rusty DO go out of your ways to Bash Brady when most the time, its not even his fault, Its a team game. So you will NEVER be right about that.

i do not go out of my way to bash brady, i usually just say the offense struggled, and then someone has to say brady shouldnt be held accountable because he played well, but the rest of the offense didnt. that just makes no sense whatsoever. if he played well, there is a good chance they would have won. imo brady is a top 3 qb all time as of right now, and with another ring, he could be the G.O.A.T. but he does make mistakes, and im not afraid to call them out. and the point i was making about the colts defense is that they werent that bad, they had freeney, mathis, and sanders in their prime on that team, among others.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Disgusting day all around. Expecting Brady to somehow make up for the poor play all around him is foolish. Nobody can do that. He made a few mistakes under that huge burden. It wasn't the best we have seen him. But he really was the only one not completely stinking out the place.

That game was just another proof of how paper thin the supporting cast BB has put around Brady is. No Gronk or Talib and this team is simply very MEDIOCRE with a great QB.

well then i guess we should tell BB to go out and trade for calvin johnson, julio jones, and larry fitzgerald. maybe that will make you happy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Honestly I'm shocked that you would write something so stupid (but I guess I shouldn't be). I swear as a football fan and someone that has followed this team for a number of years, I read this and right away think...this is a guy that doesn't know football and doesn't watch it. Let's face it, there's some ridicolous stuff in there...

Let's start with Givens. Givens did not have success after he left here because he blew out his knee...twice I believe...it ended his career five minutes after he went to his new team. He did recieve a 25 million dollar contract from that team by the way - teams don't generally do that unless the guy can play - he could.

Now let's talk about Edelman. Edelman could be just as good as Givens on the flank? You got to be out of your god damn mind. You have to of eaten the biggest bowl of stupid for breakfast this morning. You had to. Edelman would get hurt in a stiff wind. Edelman has only demonstrated on four occassions that he can catch a pass beyond 13 yards.

Teams didn't game plan for Troy Brown? Wowsa! Just fantastic stupidity. Troy Brown had perhaps the largest hand in us winning those Super Bowls (at least two of them) on offense. He was Brady's go to guy. He had the best hands in football. How many Super Bowls have we won with Welker dropping balls in critical moments? Brown never did that - he always caught the thing. Do you remember his contributuons in that first AFC title game? How about that first Super Bowl? How many grabs did he have in his first three years with Brady before he got old and injured?

Just a whole lot of stupid going on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Honestly I'm shocked that you would write something so stupid (but I guess I shouldn't be). I swear as a football fan and someone that has followed this team for a number of years, I read this and right away think...this is a guy that doesn't know football and doesn't watch it. Let's face it, there's some ridicolous stuff in there...

Let's start with Givens. Givens did not have success after he left here because he blew out his knee...twice I believe...it ended his career five minutes after he went to his new team. He did recieve a 25 million dollar contract from that team by the way - teams don't generally do that unless the guy can play - he could.

Now let's talk about Edelman. Edelman could be just as good as Givens on the flank? You got to be out of your god damn mind. You have to of eaten the biggest bowl of stupid for breakfast this morning. You had to. Edelman would get hurt in a stiff wind. Edelman has only demonstrated on four occassions that he can catch a pass beyond 13 yards.

Teams didn't game plan for Troy Brown? Wowsa! Just fantastic stupidity. Troy Brown had perhaps the largest hand in us winning those Super Bowls (at least two of them) on offense. He was Brady's go to guy. He had the best hands in football. How many Super Bowls have we won with Welker dropping balls in critical moments? Brown never did that - he always caught the thing. Do you remember his contributuons in that first AFC title game? How about that first Super Bowl? How many grabs did he have in his first three years with Brady before he got old and injured?

Just a whole lot of stupid going on.

brown was fantastic as a patriot, givens was very good while he was here as well. i dont disagree on that...i just hate the excuses that brady doesnt have a good supporting cast, its just awful. i like brady, but all the excuses the fans make for him, make it easy to understand why people dont like him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good points all. Always good to see intelligent football talk instead of the mindless swill Rusty and his clone offer.

With a healthy Gronk and what looked to be a precariously improved D I think we had a good shot to win it all. But without Gronk the O can be stymied since Welker is a one trick pony, Lloyd is actually a good #3 receiver but not a good #2 and Gonzales is a good plus factor but doesn't measure up as meat and potatoes at either TE or WR. Also, without Talib, the D reverts back to its old mickey mouse club mode. Add in a no more than average running game and the need for Gronk plus that improved D are critical in the tough playoff games.

If you have that remnant without Gronk and Talib playing like scared rabbits even Brady cannot make up for that shortfall and you are going to get embarrassed. Truth.

I got tot admit after watching that game last night two things stuck out to me..one, we are not that far off. If Jones and Gronk are healthy...and Talib doesn't go down, we may of won the whole thing. Who knows?

And two, Flacco is ligit. Wow, I mean I've bashed the guy in the past. Now maybe that was just some kind of legendary run he was on and he comes back to earth, but you can't take what he did away from him. He deserves to be a Super Bowl Champion and MVP.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

... and this thread has been hijacked by the three stooges. Went from a rational, productive discussion, to mindless sh!t slinging. Oh joy!