Remember Your Comments on my Pre-Season Andrew Luck thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Remember Your Comments on my Pre-Season Andrew Luck thread.

if you havent been watching or heard, he's lighting up the league and looks like a top league veteran alot of the time.

recent miami game, against the best 3rd down defense in the league, 

on 3rd down, luck threw for first downs of 12, 14, 20, 10, 16, and 11 yards.

yes id like to see it proven they sucked for luck, but how can you prove it?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Remember Your Comments on my Pre-Season Andrew Luck thread.

Yeah Luck is already a beast. He will be better than Peyton Manning IMO. The game looks easy for him, he's poised and is extremely accurate with his throws. He's going to be the best QB in the league in a year or two.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He is rated at the low end of QBs so far. He may well be an all-time great down the road.... but he hasn't showed that so far.

He has the same TD/INTs as Sanchez. Let's try to have some perspective.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

When Manning came into the league he showed flashes of being great but threw a lot of interceptions. He kept getting better and of course became one of the best ever. Luck reminds me of that right now too, even a little better than when Manning started. Luck is the real deal, the way he drove them to victory in the last minute against the Packers looked like a veteran , same thing against a very good Miami defense. 

Weather or not he ends up better than Manning he's going to be something special IMO, we will see it sooner than later.He has a long way to go but I see him becoming great one day.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is rated at the low end of QBs so far. He may well be an all-time great down the road.... but he hasn't showed that so far.

[/QUOTE]

I convinced the pundits are seeing exactly want they want to see here.  He has one of the worst ratings in the league at 25th.  Has very few TD's, a ton of interceptions and is 29th in the league in completion percentage.

The only thing he's at the top at is yards and attempts which are directly related.  In fact any QB who had thrown as many times as him would have more yards because they are all more efficient passers other than Sanchez.  Most teams won't let a guy playing that poorly keep throwing but the Colts do.

Maybe one day hell be good.  I know Peyton stank his first year too and he turned out good, but not every QB that stinks his first year turns out to be great.  

Who was that QB who won thenSB the first year they played?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I convinced the pundits are seeing exactly want they want to see here.  He has one of the worst ratings in the league at 25th.  Has very few TD's, a ton of interceptions and is 29th in the league in completion percentage.

The only thing he's at the top at is yards and attempts which are directly related.  In fact any QB who had thrown as many times as him would have more yards because they are all more efficient passers other than Sanchez.  Most teams won't let a guy playing that poorly keep throwing but the Colts do.

Maybe one day hell be good.  I know Peyton stank his first year too and he turned out good, but not every QB that stinks his first year turns out to be great.  

[/QUOTE]

shen you seen him play a game?

ive seen a little of 3. i think hes all that

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Certainly Luck has had his challenges just as P Manning had in his rookie year, but all of you tend to overlook the fact that both were taken first because their team was worst in the prior year.  Overcoming all of that badness as rookie is incredibly difficult. 

No one would give the colts high marks for defensive prowess for the past 4-5 years, and the same continues today.  Don't forget that even the hold over players from the past regime (there aren't many) had to learn entirely new offenses and defenses, as well. 

The oline for the colts has stunk as well for at least 3 years (maybe more) and is completely rebuilt with last year's first round pick and a bunch of castoffs from other teams or perennial back ups.  That's not exactly a great recipie for success.  The colts running game is limited and Luck is throwing to just one (albeit a great one) experienced receiver/TE.  Frankly, it blows my mind that teams haven't decided to emphasize shutting down Wayne and making Luck beat defenses by throwing to other receivers.  Maybe they have and maybe Wayne is just that good. 

The fact remains that Luck is succeeding while playing on the worst team in the NFL last year with makeshift offensive personnel and NFL inexperience except for exactly one player of any known excellence (Wayne).  As well as a defense that was built for playing a 4-3 that is now playing 3-4 and not excelling. 

Further, the entire team has a new coaching staff that has been turned upside down with the loss of their new head coach to illness.

What Luck is doing (and this team, frankly) are remarkable.  That some would choose to reserve judgement of his success given the circumstances is baloney.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Luck is developing weapons in Hilton and Fleener. Let's not forget he lost Garcon, Saturday and Clark. Still holes to fill at RB and on the O Line. Painter s--ked immensely. The Colts weren't as bad as their record last year and they did tank a lot, but their rebuilding process looks reasonably good for their future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

shen you seen him play a game?

ive seen a little of 3. i think hes all that

[/QUOTE]

I've seen three games.  He looks OK to me but I'm the kind of guy who wants to see a lot more before I make claims about his greatness.  To me he's done nothing more impressive than Mannings rookie year, or Newton's, or Brady's first year playing.  In fact with how rookie QBs tend to come in and do fine in today's NFL (Newton, RG3, Dalton, etc.) I'm not convinced his "great" stats are any better than the average ones of QB's past.

Now if he came in and put up numbers similiar to a top veteran, or even an average veteran than I could see the praise.  That is basically what was expected.  I'm talking about completing 60% or more of passes and a 2-1 TD to INT ratio with a rating in the top 15 of the league.  Those are really just average numbers but they would be impressive for a rookie.  

But I just can't heap praise on a guy who was supposed to be NFL ready but has bottom of the NFL stats.  His wins are impressive at 5-3 but not overly impressive so I'm still waiting before I make any decisions about how great he is.  

As far as I'm concerned, he's a rookie and most of the time he plays like a rookie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I seem to remember saying something about a gazillion interceptions.

He probably hasn't thrown quite that many, but I would  be careful about annointing him the second-coming after a handful of games against a last-place schedule.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wow... the #1 pick in the draft is a solid player... what a radical prediction. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow... the #1 pick in the draft is a solid player... what a radical prediction. 

[/QUOTE]

I heard on the radio this morning that Jim Trotter (whoever that is) predicted in Sports Illustrated this week that the Atlanta Falcons would not go undefeated this season.

Way to go out on a limb there, Jim!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I predict that I won't become the tan & lube guy for Playboy...

.. I can hope can't I?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

there is a crop of good young qbs out there: luck, rg3, tannehill, dalton, wilson, newton

bodes well for the future of the nfl

[/QUOTE]

You forgot Ryan Mallett...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Nobody is anointing the guy, but there are plenty here refusing to give credit where credit is due.  That's all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if you havent been watching or heard, he's lighting up the league and looks like a top league veteran alot of the time.

recent miami game, against the best 3rd down defense in the league, 

on 3rd down, luck threw for first downs of 12, 14, 20, 10, 16, and 11 yards.

yes id like to see it proven they sucked for luck, but how can you prove it?

[/QUOTE]

and if they did? good move

[/QUOTE]

figures jints would appreciate tanking games....  Isn't that what Eli did last week...?

passer rating  41...  Must have had money on the game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

The Colts did with Luck what they did with Peyton - they never held anything back from him. Rather than giving him a scaled back playbook and being careful not to ask too much of him, they had him go out there and gunsling.  He took his early licks, and now he's playing pretty lights out (especially in light of his short tenure).  His stats won't catch up this year; he will end the year with a mediocre passer rating.  But he is best with the game on the line [which is also evident from the fact that he has the 4th highest Total QBR (ESPN's new incomprehensible QB rating system) in the league], and (if you watch a game or two) you'll see him make incredible play after incredible play.  He has the most natural feet in the pocket that I've ever seen.  Every opponent has sent tons of blitzers and he very quickly got very good at avoiding the rush and making the play.  If you're just a stats junkie, I'm sure you're not impressed with Luck.  But he seems to have willed the team to at least 3 of their wins...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The Clots were a lot better then the worst team in the NFL last year. If you go by record then yes, if you go by effort then not so much.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He has the poise and pocket presence of a vet but he hasn't pulled it all together yet. Lets pump the breaks for a min on him because as of right now Wilson looks better then Luck in all honesty. Now I don't expect that to last long but don't forget that Bradford looked great his rook year, Stafford had a ton of promise, and does anyone remember a little QB who lit the world on fire named Newton last year?

Does luck have the tools to be a top end QB, no doubt otherwise he wouldn't have been the #1 pick. But, having the tools and knowing how to properly use them are two completely different things. As of today Luck is all potential and hype, he still has to live up to it his potential to succeed in the league

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He has the poise and pocket presence of a vet but he hasn't pulled it all together yet. Lets pump the breaks for a min on him because as of right now Wilson looks better then Luck in all honesty. Now I don't expect that to last long but don't forget that Bradford looked great his rook year, Stafford had a ton of promise, and does anyone remember a little QB who lit the world on fire named Newton last year?

Does luck have the tools to be a top end QB, no doubt otherwise he wouldn't have been the #1 pick. But, having the tools and knowing how to properly use them are two completely different things. As of today Luck is all potential and hype, he still has to live up to it his potential to succeed in the league

[/QUOTE]

let me repeat, 

"recent miami game, against the best 3rd down defense in the league, 

on 3rd down, luck threw for first downs of 12, 14, 20, 10, 16, and 11 yards."