Remember Your Comments on my Pre-Season Andrew Luck thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Remember Your Comments on my Pre-Season Andrew Luck thread.

I haven't really seen him play much since pre season - during pre season he looked good, but it also looked like he really really keys onto one reciever. Does he still do that? RG3 looked better to me throwing the ball (at least in terms of looking over the field and then being very accurate). Glad to see they're both doing well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Ugh a JulesWinfield sighting. More irrelevant posts coming. Where's that ignore button. 

"Nobody is anointing the guy, but there are plenty here refusing to give credit where credit is due.  That's all."

Umm and you're here to set it all straight huh? What a noble purpose. 

Here's a newsflash - no credit is due yet. 

that's right - none. 

He's a rookie. Period. 

Let's see how the season unfolds. 

That said, it's looking more and more like obtaining Luck was the absolute right move for the Colts, and my view is that Luck will help the Colts remain relevant for years to come, which is probably bad news for those of us who have no time for you and your "well I am just here to get along but so and so crossed the line so I had to react accordingly" crud. 

Though if Peyton wins a Super Bowl this year it will may be cause for reflection. 

Luck looks like he has what it takes. Pains me to say it but true enough.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Looking forward to pats D after 2 more weeks gelling with their new roles and building confidence , going against luck and putting his rookie azzz on the ground with multiple picks...

maybe talib in the mix by that point...?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

coolade is going nuts, I think.  Repeating the same thing over and over again.  Not surprised. 

BTS - You are right.  Luck is a rookie and has played like a rookie at times.  At other times, he's played much better than a rookie.  The positives, however, related to those times he's played like a rookie are that on his side of the football he really doesn't have a great or experienced supporting cast.  His line, as I noted before are either street players or rejects from other teams with the exception of Castonzo who is in his second year.  His TE's, and receivers with the exception of Wayne (who is great) are generally rookies.  No one's singing the praises of Donald Brown and Ballard is a rookie. 

I am not about to say the colts are a good team.  They are not.  They've been fortunate this year given their schedule and they've generally taken advantage of it.  That one exception is the Jax game where Jax scored an 80 yd TD in the last minute of the game to win after the colts took the lead. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

coolade is going nuts, I think.  Repeating the same thing over and over again.  Not surprised. 

BTS - You are right.  Luck is a rookie and has played like a rookie at times.  At other times, he's played much better than a rookie.  The positives, however, related to those times he's played like a rookie are that on his side of the football he really doesn't have a great or experienced supporting cast.  His line, as I noted before are either street players or rejects from other teams with the exception of Castonzo who is in his second year.  His TE's, and receivers with the exception of Wayne (who is great) are generally rookies.  No one's singing the praises of Donald Brown and Ballard is a rookie. 

I am not about to say the colts are a good team.  They are not.  They've been fortunate this year given their schedule and they've generally taken advantage of it.  That one exception is the Jax game where Jax scored an 80 yd TD in the last minute of the game to win after the colts took the lead. 

[/QUOTE]

I wish you were a pat's fan - you're reasonable, rational, no agenda, etc. Refreshing.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wish you were a pat's fan - you're reasonable, rational, no agenda, etc. Refreshing.

[/QUOTE]

except for calling someone nuts for a " smartphone " malfunction ...  I appreciate ud6 as much as the next pats fan .....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

except for calling someone nuts for a " smartphone " malfunction ...  I appreciate ud6 as much as the next pats fan .....

[/QUOTE]

My apologies.  I didn't realize that you actually believed the things you wrote.  I thought you were just trying to be funny at the colts and my expense. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

jints.... You didn't answer the other post on this thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I remember.  I had no comment, because Luck isn't a Patriot and Indy isn't much of a rival this year. 

This week Indy is injured like crazy, and they have by one account the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL.  Luck appears to be a solid quarterback but right now he's swimming against the current.  I had Indy at #25 last week and at #25 this week, because beating Miami by a field goal at home isn't much to crow about, other than expressing relief that your team won.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I remember.  I had no comment, because Luck isn't a Patriot and Indy isn't much of a rival this year. 

This week Indy is injured like crazy, and they have by one account the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL.  Luck appears to be a solid quarterback but right now he's swimming against the current.  I had Indy at #25 last week and at #25 this week, because beating Miami by a field goal at home isn't much to crow about, other than expressing relief that your team won.

[/QUOTE]

thanks for the post paul. 

#25 for you but if they win this week they will have the lead for the wild card.

yes he is not a pat, my initial interest was one of concern as competition. 

it was the thread mentioning his photographic memory. teaching the playbook to teammates after the 2 day camp to fellow rookies on the plane, doing checkdowns already, and on his play in preseason whihc showed me he is going to be spectactular i feel.

most who replied did not agree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is rated at the low end of QBs so far. He may well be an all-time great down the road.... but he hasn't showed that so far.

He has the same TD/INTs as Sanchez. Let's try to have some perspective.

[/QUOTE]

I convinced the pundits are seeing exactly want they want to see here.  He has one of the worst ratings in the league at 25th.  Has very few TD's, a ton of interceptions and is 29th in the league in completion percentage.

The only thing he's at the top at is yards and attempts which are directly related.  In fact any QB who had thrown as many times as him would have more yards because they are all more efficient passers other than Sanchez.  Most teams won't let a guy playing that poorly keep throwing but the Colts do.

Maybe one day hell be good.  I know Peyton stank his first year too and he turned out good, but not every QB that stinks his first year turns out to be great.  

Who was that QB who won thenSB the first year they played?

[/QUOTE]

shen you seen him play a game?

ive seen a little of 3. i think hes all that

[/QUOTE]

I've seen three games.  He looks OK to me but I'm the kind of guy who wants to see a lot more before I make claims about his greatness.  To me he's done nothing more impressive than Mannings rookie year, or Newton's, or Brady's first year playing.  In fact with how rookie QBs tend to come in and do fine in today's NFL (Newton, RG3, Dalton, etc.) I'm not convinced his "great" stats are any better than the average ones of QB's past.

Now if he came in and put up numbers similiar to a top veteran, or even an average veteran than I could see the praise.  That is basically what was expected.  I'm talking about completing 60% or more of passes and a 2-1 TD to INT ratio with a rating in the top 15 of the league.  Those are really just average numbers but they would be impressive for a rookie.  

But I just can't heap praise on a guy who was supposed to be NFL ready but has bottom of the NFL stats.  His wins are impressive at 5-3 but not overly impressive so I'm still waiting before I make any decisions about how great he is.  

As far as I'm concerned, he's a rookie and most of the time he plays like a rookie.

[/QUOTE]
    re:
    "ive seen three games.  He looks OK to me but I'm the kind of guy who wants to see a lot more before I make claims about his greatness."

im the kind of person who likes to see potential of whats to come before it arrives and call it out.

ie ridley last preseason, luk this preseason

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Paul, you're no different than football outsiders.  I wouldn't say they have it wrong.  They are statisticians.  Indy's not really a good football team, but I think their record and current slot in the playoff hunt should at least get them ranked above 20.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

and? where's my appreciation?

[/QUOTE]

Sorry jintsfan's, the same applies to you...reasonable, no agenda, etc. I'd take you over Steve Deossie anyday.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts